Spyder Garage

Default Where to connect to power for Accessory outlet? '22 RT-L

I am the new owner of a 22 RT Limited. I was surprised to find there is no 12v accessory outlet in either the front storage or rear top case. If I wanted to add an outlet in the top case, (there appears to be a place for one), what/where would I connect to for power? I don't really want to run wiring all the way to the battery, if I can help it.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-13-2022 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Expanded Title to briefly ask the question ;-)
    2022 RT-L , Carbon black

Spyder Garage

There's a connector designed to power a gps located under the tupperware just forward of your right knee. I cut off the connector and used the 2 wires to supply a usb and 12 volt plug. If you are on Facebook search for my posts in "Can Am Spyder RT Lovers". Search under Richard Stebbins.
    2021 RT Limited Asphalt Gray
    Halo Skid
    Driver's backrest
    2" riser w/ F3 standard handlebars
    F4 vented 25" windshield

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

There are three accessory wires. One next to the battery, one somewhere under the left handlebar area and one under the passenger seat. This is on my 2021 F3 Ltd and mentioned in my owners manual. Although it’s better to use a smartphone as it works with the dash and is a GPS.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Or... pick up a Show Chrome fuse block or Neutrino Black Box. the Show Chrome is plug and play and adds accessory connections for brake and turn signal output and both ignition-on and constant-on connections. Neutrino is app controlled and provides a ton of user defined power outputs. I actually use both to customize a ton of accessories.
    Last edited by Drwerner; 11-15-2022 at 04:20 PM.
    2021 Spyder RT-L in Deep Marsala Red/Black - BRP Comfort Seat, Adj Handlebar Riser, Running Board Lights, Driver Backrest, Passenger Armrests. Fobo TPMS, Grip Covers, UltraGard Full & Half Cover, Passenger & Driver Drink Holders, Wide-Vu Side Mirrors, Show Chrome Luggage Rack, SpyderExtras Aluminum Belt Tensioner, Show Chrome Accessory Fuse Block, SpyderExtras Adj Highway Pegs, Carbon Fibre Grills, Full Repair and Maintenance Manual, Kapplock Garmin Nuvo XT Lock & Ram Mount Lock, LidLox Handlebar Helmet Lock, Hopnel Dashboard Storage Pouch/Trunk Organizer/Side Cases, Garmin Nuvo XT GPS, Signal Dynamics Heads Up Voltage Monitor, M1 Motorsports F/R Dash Cam, inView Helmet-Mounted Brake and Turn Signal Light, Pedal Commander w/ Silicone Cover & RAM mount, Spyder Extras Driving Light Bar, Denali D3 Driving Lights, SpyderExtras Light Bar, TAC Designs Side Mirror Stabilizer Kit, Carbon Fibre Trim, Hi-Gain Short Antenna, Headlight Skins, Mirror Turn Signal Lights.

2021 RT Limited , Marsala Red/Black

Spyder Garage

Thanks Richard,

I found your post on Facebook. The photos and info are very helpful.
    Scott (slhanks004)
    Gilbert, AZ USA

2022 Spyder RT Limited - Carbon Black
    • Pedal commander
    • Baja Ron sway bar
    • TricLED tail lights
    • TricLED driving lights
    • Corbin seat
    • BRP rider backrest
    • Lamonster topcuff (2) w/ RAM mounts
    • 12v/USB docking station
    • Garmin Zumo XT
    • RLS cat delete pipe
    • IPS highway pegs
    • IPS belt tensioner
    2022 RT-L , Carbon black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flamewinger View Post
    There are three accessory wires. One next to the battery, one somewhere under the left handlebar area and one under the passenger seat. This is on my 2021 F3 Ltd and mentioned in my owners manual. Although it’s better to use a smartphone as it works with the dash and is a GPS.
    Flamewinger, the OP has a ‘22 RT. The accessory points are in different positions to the F3, with the primary being under front right side painted panel.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Attached are photos of a Powerlet plug on my Spyder RT Limited. Go to Powerlet.com and purchase one of their kits. Make sure it is one with a long enough line to reach the battery. You can buy a plug to charge your bike or run your heated gear off of it.
    1 - 1.jpg 2 - 1.jpg 3 - 1.jpg
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-15-2022 at 06:46 PM.
    Frank Ferrante
    2022 Can Am Spyder RT Limited Deep Marsala Metallic Dark
    2016 Moto Guzzi Eldorado

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Flamewinger, the OP has a ‘22 RT. The accessory points are in different positions to the F3, with the primary being under front right side painted panel.

Pete
    I was wondering why I didn't know about those 3 accessory wires and why I had never found them. Because they are not there Good catch Pete!
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    Peter Pan has struck again!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FrogmanDave View Post
    I was wondering why I didn't know about those 3 accessory wires and why I had never found them. Because they are not there Good catch Pete!
    Hahaha……it stood out because I had a ‘16 F3 and used every one of those 3 points, Dave. Mind you, I’m not sure if there are others than the right side on the ‘20+ RT, as I didn’t search because I ran a Neutrino box from the battery and everything runs off that on my ‘21……apart from the grill light from Lamont that came with a plug for the right side socket

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FrogmanDave View Post

I had no trouble finding them on my 2021 but my 2018 didn’t have anything. Both bikes got a Neutrino Black Box to power my accessories. The one thing I don’t know is are all 3 accy points on one fuse or do they have a fuse each? (Safer to use fuseblock)
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

It's not in the top case but there is an easy 12v add in the frunk. Looking at the battery it is on the right-hand side.

Spyder Garage

This is a little bit of an older post, but I am just getting to the install of my Tom Tom rider gps and need 12v power supply to the mounting block. Does anyone know what type of connector is located under this right side panel? If it’s a plug in style, I’d like to get the mate to it and prewire the gps so I can just couple them together if possible.
    Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by stebrock View Post
    There's a connector designed to power a gps located under the tupperware just forward of your right knee. I cut off the connector and used the 2 wires to supply a usb and 12 volt plug. If you are on Facebook search for my posts in "Can Am Spyder RT Lovers". Search under Richard Stebbins.
    2022 RT Limited Dark Hyper Silver
    2014 RT-S Pearl White
    2010 BRP 622 Trailer Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Brentc View Post
    This is a little bit of an older post, but I am just getting to the install of my Tom Tom rider gps and need 12v power supply to the mounting block. Does anyone know what type of connector is located under this right side panel? If it’s a plug in style, I’d like to get the mate to it and prewire the gps so I can just couple them together if possible.
    Thanks in advance.
    Brent, unfortunately, I don’t have time to double check this morning, but I’m pretty sure Lamonster sell the plug with loose wires to allow connection like this.

Ahhhhhh. Found it quickly…….not sure if this is what you are after, but this is what I was thinking of…..

https://www.lamonstergarage.com/gps-...-am-spyder-rt/

Pete
    Last edited by Peteoz; 04-29-2023 at 03:48 PM.
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Brent, unfortunately, I don’t have time to double check this morning, but I’m pretty sure Lamonster sell the plug with loose wires to allow connection like this.

Ahhhhhh. Found it quickly…….not sure if this is what you are after Brent, but this is what I was thinking of…..

Pete
    If he doesn't Value Accessories does. Give Rick a call and he'll fix you up.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Ahhhhhh. Found it quickly…….not sure if this is what you are after, but this is what I was thinking of…..

Pete

I think that’s exactly what I wanted. Lamonster also did a video of the install that I found. Thank you Pete.

I’ll be ordering one asap.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-29-2023 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display ;-)
    2014 RT-S Pearl White

Spyder Garage

So what does the plug and play harness actually do? Supply power from Spyder to GPS ONLY? Supply power and audio to Spyder to be able to listen through Spyder speakers?

Spyder Garage

It looks as though it’s an easier route to get switched 12v power to the handlebar area for the accessory of your choosing. I think, depending on the tap you use, you could have multiple devices powered off of it.
    2014 RT-S Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Brentc View Post
    It looks as though it’s an easier route to get switched 12v power to the handlebar area for the accessory of your choosing. I think, depending on the tap you use, you could have multiple devices powered off of it.
    The holes in the taps are large enough to put several of the small wires into one hole. Just twist them together really good and insert them.

If you're installing anything with much of a draw you just use this as a trigger wire on a relay that's hot from the battery.
    Last edited by K80Shooter; 05-01-2023 at 11:53 AM.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue