Spyder Garage

Default Laser Alignments for charity?

The wife and I have done many volunteer hours, and fund raisers for a multitude of very important charities.
    Was having a thought, since I have a ROLO alignment setup, and BUDS / BUDS2, maybe I could do a bunch of alignments for Spyder owners, donating all proceeds to charity.

Looking for input from owners on this, any thoughts?

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Charity Event

...I think you have a great idea. Hopefully you can get an event like this going on at least in your area.
    Good Luck with Your Mission. .......
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    The wife and I have done many volunteer hours, and fund raisers for a multitude of very important charities.
    Was having a thought, since I have a ROLO alignment setup, and BUDS / BUDS2, maybe I could do a bunch of alignments for Spyder owners, donating all proceeds to charity.

Looking for input from owners on this, any thoughts?
    I think this is fantastic and I compliment you for it ..... +.do you have an insurance policy to protect your-self - ??????? ..... we now live in a litigious society ( more than ever ) ..... so good luck .... Mike

Spyder Garage

That is a fantastic idea. We do not live near you, but please keep us posted on any even you do for charity using your system.

Hope that helps
    John

Spyder Garage

Great idea. I wish you were close by.
    David C
    2016 F3T
    DIY Garage Door Opener & GPS Mount
    Battery tender cable
    Rear IPS Pack Rack

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Haze View Post
    Great idea. I wish you were close by.
    +1 for the close by. This is a fantastic idea PMK! I commend you for it.
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    Peter Pan has struck again!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I think providing the service is enough. The charity donation angle seems unnecessary.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    I think providing the service is enough. The charity donation angle seems unnecessary.
    Please explain. Not quite understanding what you mean with the words “charity donation angle”.

Spyder Garage

Please explain. Not quite understanding what you mean with the words “charity donation angle”.
    I agree. Please explain Pete.
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    Peter Pan has struck again!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    I think this is fantastic and I compliment you for it ..... +.do you have an insurance policy to protect your-self - ??????? ..... we now live in a litigious society ( more than ever ) ..... so good luck .... Mike
    Mike is right. You will need to be covered by a garage keepers or mechanics policy. Your home owners insurance will not cover you working on others vehicles. This type of insurance is not cheap or easy to come by. Ask how I know.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

I would definately be down for something like that. Unfortunately I live clean on the other side of the country. But good on you anyway.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

i'll take a ride for an alignment for charity.
    you can't be that far away

Spyder Garage

You will be Blessed!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Well, providing the service to those who want it done is great. What you do with the proceeds is up to you. I can't imagine anyone having it done just because you're doing it to raise money for an unnamed charity if they don't otherwise need it done to their bike.

Squared Away does events all over the West where people are brought together for the specific purpose of having their bikes aligned. If you could do that in the Southeast, I'm sure it would be very much appreciated by Forum members who might otherwise not be able to get it done.
    Last edited by UtahPete; 11-09-2022 at 07:55 PM.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    Well, providing the service to those who want it done is great. What you do with the proceeds is up to you. I can't imagine anyone having it done just because you're doing it to raise money for an unnamed charity if they don't otherwise need it done to their bike.
    Well Pete, you present an interesting twist. To clarify, if I do pull this off, the charity will be named ahead of time. There are many worthy causes, and obviously, if a person disagreed with supporting of that charity, that is understandable.
    Absolutely not expecting someone to have an alignment done that does not need it.

This was merely an idea I had, that can help others, both Spyder owners and a charity. I get nothing but satisfaction of helping others.
    My initial thought is to let folks know a typical cost for an alignment. After that I shall let them decide on what they wish to spend. With hope, and all of it going to a good cause, they may even be more generous than the price of an alignment. I shall let them decide on the amount to donate.

FWIW, the charity will likely be a cancer based theme. Non focused on color, politics, gender etc.

There are more logistics to work out, but certainly can be done.

Spyder Garage

Well Pete, you present an interesting twist. To clarify, if I do pull this off, the charity will be named ahead of time. There are many worthy causes, and obviously, if a person disagreed with supporting of that charity, that is understandable.
    Absolutely not expecting someone to have an alignment done that does not need it.

This was merely an idea I had, that can help others, both Spyder owners and a charity. I get nothing but satisfaction of helping others.
    My initial thought is to let folks know a typical cost for an alignment. After that I shall let them decide on what they wish to spend. With hope, and all of it going to a good cause, they may even be more generous than the price of an alignment. I shall let them decide on the amount to donate.

FWIW, the charity will likely be a cancer based theme. Non focused on color, politics, gender etc.

There are more logistics to work out, but certainly can be done.
    PMK, I applaud you for your generous offer. I suggest to reach out to US Spyder Ryders in FL to see if they can assist in putting this together.
    Again, great idea.
    Current: 2022 RTL SE6 Red Marsala and 2012 622 Trailer Lava Bronze,
    Previous: 2014 RTL SE6 Black Currant - 58,746 miles,
    2012 RTL SE5 Lava Bronze - 19,675 miles

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LongIsland View Post
    PMK, I applaud you for your generous offer. I suggest to reach out to US Spyder Ryders in FL to see if they can assist in putting this together.
    Again, great idea.
    No doubt regarding talking with the two different US Spyder Ryders group leaders in my local area. They are good folks. As for the charity, it will not be US Spyder Ryders related or Road Warriors. While a great cause, simply will likely be one that is more widespread and effecting a multitude of people.

Time will tell. Asked here for thoughts, as no doubt it is easy to overlook anything. Next will be sorting the logistics and getting an idea of interest vs folks that would actually participate. Crazy as it sounds, I want this to be worthwhile for everyone.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by thereverend View Post
    You will be Blessed!
    I do appreciate those words, and no doubt, I can use all the help I can get.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

No doubt regarding talking with the two different US Spyder Ryders group leaders in my local area. They are good folks. As for the charity, it will not be US Spyder Ryders related or Road Warriors. While a great cause, simply will likely be one that is more widespread and effecting a multitude of people.

Time will tell. Asked here for thoughts, as no doubt it is easy to overlook anything. Next will be sorting the logistics and getting an idea of interest vs folks that would actually participate. Crazy as it sounds, I want this to be worthwhile for everyone.
    Consider having local groups assemble the clients needed and venue to have a successful event in their location. Contact Joe and Ann Meyer for pointers.
    2014 RTL Platinum