Spyder Garage

Default Have BRP's Supply and Inventory problems been resolved?

Does anyone know if BRP was been able to iron out and square away their inventory and supply problems since having their computer system hacked back in Aug?
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gkamer View Post
    Does anyone know if BRP was been able to iron out and square away their inventory and supply problems since having their computer system hacked back in Aug?
    Not from anything I've read here...... Mike

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I am not sure. But I have seen more inventory in the stores. And even saw an add last week saying that there is a $1000-1500 rebates on some 2022 model spyders. This was encouraging, but not sure if they will actually honor them.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    I am not sure. But I have seen more inventory in the stores. And even saw an add last week saying that there is a $1000-1500 rebates on some 2022 model spyders. This was encouraging, but not sure if they will actually honor them.
    That would be a nice little incentive.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Slightly off topic: perhaps they have SAP enterprise software, that farce of a company that spread like wildfire through the CEO and BoD halls in corporate America. I worked for a multinational company which, during their attempt to implement SAP, shut down all ordering coming out of Can for 2 months, on top of the implementation cost being 6X forecast.
    pauly1 - SpyderDeb's 'wrench'
    2018 F3-T & 2015 F3-S Road Warrior Foundation Tribute customs
    IBA #48220 SS1000 BB1500
    2015 F3-S , OEM na Basic Black with Custom Wrap

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Still waiting for my Parts

Quote Originally Posted by gkamer View Post
    Sad to say, but the answer is NO. ....
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

Not that BRP would disclose anything. Then they would have to have Spyders and Rykers available in dealer showrooms for purchase rather than forcing folks to "pre-order" a Spyder that they have not seen, much les ridden, with a (large) deposit and then have to wait God only knows how long to actually get their bike, all while BRP has their money. They should have to pay the buyer interest while they are holding the money. THEN, there is the issue of parts availability, such as DRIVE SPROCKETS!! The computer hack - if it really actually happened - , is a convenient excuse. Does anyone really believe that BRP would actually be truthful about anything? They were not truthful about the 2013 RT recall until forced to do so. Same with the sprockets. They knew as far back as 2015 that there was a problem, but did nothing, and did not admit to anything until this year. Seven years? I mean, really? They don't care about us. As good friend of mine who happens to be a federal judge frequently says, "It's all about the Benjamins". And that is what BRP really cares about. OK, rant done.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinTX View Post
    Not that BRP would disclose anything. Then they would have to have Spyders and Rykers available in dealer showrooms for purchase rather than forcing folks to "pre-order" a Spyder that they have not seen, much les ridden, with a (large) deposit and then have to wait God only knows how long to actually get their bike, all while BRP has their money. They should have to pay the buyer interest while they are holding the money. THEN, there is the issue of parts availability, such as DRIVE SPROCKETS!! The computer hack - if it really actually happened - , is a convenient excuse. Does anyone really believe that BRP would actually be truthful about anything? They were not truthful about the 2013 RT recall until forced to do so. Same with the sprockets. They knew as far back as 2015 that there was a problem, but did nothing, and did not admit to anything until this year. Seven years? I mean, really? They don't care about us. As good friend of mine who happens to be a federal judge frequently says, "It's all about the Benjamins". And that is what BRP really cares about. OK, rant done.
    Hate to say it my friend but get use to it, they have been doing this same thing with snowmobiles for three years now! They started out giving discounts if you preordered before a certain date, now, you have to order this year for next year and you don't get to see the new model up front! You will see the cars do the same thing soon, they don't want to have old inventory sitting in the field not sold!! It's a crappy way to do business but in the long run, they hold the reins on us!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-11-2022 at 07:00 AM. Reason: fount - front ;-)
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

FOOD FOR THOUGHT GUYS AND GALS.

BRP doesn't get the deposit money, the dealer does. The dealer typically gets a net 30 day or so pay off before flooring interest starts to accumulate. Typically when a dealer receives a unit missing parts, ie can not be sold yet, the dealer gets free flooring until the unit can be legally sold. A unit can be considered legally sold by the dealer when it is "Curbed", ie when the unit is either driven or hauled off the lot. A dealer is considered 'Out of trust' within a day or so after the unit is legally sold and is off the dealers lot. There is more to this, but this is basically the financial procedure. A dealer being 'Out of Trust' can have dire strict severe consequences to the dealer. Most States will legally require the dealer to return your deposit moneys should you decide to back out of the deal prior to it being legally sold. After a unit is legally sold it becomes a used unit regardless of the mileage accumulated. It always, and I mean it ALWAYS pays to have a good relation with your selling dealer. A good dealer and dealer relationship is almost always more valuable than saving a few bucks on the deal.
    Dean O
    Gran Pa Hoon
    Founder San Jose BMW
    Builder of the Motorcyclist Cafe Barn and Bunkhouse
    Alamogordo, NM

'20 Spyder F3 L

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Last week my mechanic received the shipment for my warranty recall repair. But when they opened the box, it contained a water pump instead of the sprocket. The box had labels with the sprocket part number and the invoice was for the sprocket.

So I'd say - no.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ClayJ View Post
    Last week my mechanic received the shipment for my warranty recall repair. But when they opened the box, it contained a water pump instead of the sprocket. The box had labels with the sprocket part number and the invoice was for the sprocket.

So I'd say - no.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

So I'd say - no.
    Kind of happening in every type of industry or mail order nowadays. Automotive, moto, bicycle, medical, aviation and more. Seems the work force is minimally qualified, and pretty much does not care about good service or getting it correct.

If what others stated about pre ordering is true, then honestly, the need for dealerships is pretty much gone in regards to selling Spyders. Far easier, and more profitable for manufacturers to et up consumer direct sales. This would be where a buyer places the order, the manufacturer then builds it. Delivery would be a completely factory assembled and tested unit, delivered by the manufacturers own enclosed trucks. The delivery driver not only accomplishes delivery, but does the delivery info to the buyer.

While always cool to go to the dealership and see, manufacturers could expand as BRP has done, with demo day events. Done correctly, their could be a manufacturers rep helping buyers complete a consumer direct order.

Spyder Garage

So I'd say - no.
    Guessing the manufacturer knows you will be needing a water pump replacement also…

Spyder Garage

So I'd say - no.
    Wait. You are maybe getting the new sprocket??? Holy mackerel, I'm calling my dealer today.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinTX View Post
    Wait. You are maybe getting the new sprocket??? Holy mackerel, I'm calling my dealer today.
    No "maybe" about it. The next sprocket that came in did go to me, was installed, and I'm back to riding.

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...=1#post1652315

Spyder Garage

So I'd say - no.
    OMG......So BRP finally figured out the problem with the sprocket. It's been the water pump all this time! Makes perfect BRP sense to me.
    2019 RTL Phoenix Orange
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange