Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Just finished watching Top-gun - beats all the hype!

Just got finished watching it & it meets and beats all the Hype it got and more ...... I'm super fortunate in that I have a High Def Projector, that puts a 12 foot X 7 FT. pic on my painted ( with actual screen paint ) wall.. Rent it through RedBox ..... Mike

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Movies 🎬

....Glad you enjoyed the Movie. I thought it was well done and worth the wait.

Stay Healthy. ....
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

Saw it Mike. Great movie, both of them. But, only on a 53" tv.

Spyder Garage

I plan to get it myself. Maybe soon. But I'll have to suffer through watching it on my puny, postage stamp 65"!
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

I assume you are referring to Top Gun - Maverick. I also enjoyed it, although plot pretty predictable. It was nice to finally meet Penny Benjamin.
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2018 F3 Limited - Intense Red Pearl . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rjinaz86323 View Post
    I assume you are referring to Top Gun - Maverick. I also enjoyed it, although plot pretty predictable. It was nice to finally meet Penny Benjamin.
    Yes, it is a great sequel ...... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    I plan to get it myself. Maybe soon. But I'll have to suffer through watching it on my puny, postage stamp 65"!

Yes, but I was able to watch on my 53" tv while Top Gun-Maverick had just arrived in theaters.

Spyder Garage

My wife has seen it 13 times so far. When it came out, I bought it for her so she would stop going to the theater to watch it.
    Dave....

2016 Red/Black F3T w/ Audio
    Bajha Ron Swaybar, BRP driving lights
    F4 Windshield, Ultimate Tallboy Seat
    BRP Passenger Backrest
    Custom Dynamics fender lights
    Tricled Rear Bag lights w/ Flashing Brake Modulator
    Wolo Horn, Lamonster's Bungee Buttons
    Spyderpops Bumper Skid

Spyder Garage

I liked it a lot. Made it a point to see it at an IMAX theater. A great movie experience.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Saw it in the theaters and just loved it.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Wife and I had a movie “date night” to see Top Gun Maverick. Waited until it had been out a while to avoid crowds, and not wanting to catch Covid or ???.

Very entertaining. Having worked as an aircraft tech for more than four decades, even with the “no way” portions, I still enjoyed it for an entertaining film.

Truthfully though, and this is my opinion, plus having watched the original many, many times, if a person never saw the original movie Top Gun, at least enough times to understand the movie, plus pick up on certain, people, phrases etc, the new sequel, while still entertaining, might have some vagueness or the person watching may only get a fraction of the intended value.

Yes, the Admirals daughter Penny Benjamin was one. The arrogance of the higher ranking officers and other pilots. And more.

One of the coolest “aspects” of both films, the second even more, is how the persons in charge and others said it could not be done, yet harsh words, backed up by actions showing otherwise, proved those with the wrong answer, they were wrong.

Mike, I believe you indicated you enjoyed the film, maybe inspiration to build a RC Tomcat with swing wings.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    Wife and I had a movie “date night” to see Top Gun Maverick. Waited until it had been out a while to avoid crowds, and not wanting to catch Covid or ???.

Very entertaining. Having worked as an aircraft tech for more than four decades, even with the “no way” portions, I still enjoyed it for an entertaining film.

Truthfully though, and this is my opinion, plus having watched the original many, many times, if a person never saw the original movie Top Gun, at least enough times to understand the movie, plus pick up on certain, people, phrases etc, the new sequel, while still entertaining, might have some vagueness or the person watching may only get a fraction of the intended value.

Yes, the Admirals daughter Penny Benjamin was one. The arrogance of the higher ranking officers and other pilots. And more.

One of the coolest “aspects” of both films, the second even more, is how the persons in charge and others said it could not be done, yet harsh words, backed up by actions showing otherwise, proved those with the wrong answer, they were wrong.

Mike, I believe you indicated you enjoyed the film, maybe inspiration to build a RC Tomcat with swing wings.
    " Tom Cat " ... no , but my first choice for a plane was the " P-51 "....... However it wasn't recommended as a " learner plane ". So I opted for the Arrow " Trekker " ...... since I rented this film, it also included quite a few " extra films " .... like " how they actually made the movie " and best of all the extra filming of Tom flying that P-51, that is actually His. He had it completely re-stored to like new condition ..... I guess He could afford that type of thing .....wish I could ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

My wife and I went to a screening for my Combat Veterans Motorcycle Association chapter when it came out. Nothing like sitting in a theater surrounded by veterans. The comments during the movie by those around us were hilarious. Watching it on the big screen was impressive. We just got a new big screen TV in our living room and I turned on the movie to test out the surround sound speakers we picked up from Costco and I was blown away. it was like I was sitting in the jet during several scenes. One of the few sequel movies that did justice to the original.

Hope that helps
    John