Spyder Garage

Default Front Sprocket Again - filed an NHTSA Complaint

This is a complaint that I filed with NHTSA about the recall. It is somewhat long, but I hope other members on this forum will also file complaints. It can't hurt, and maybe light a fire under BRP's a** and compel them to be truthful for once.

RE: NHTSA recall #22V352.
    BRP has not moved forward in a timely manner to remedy this issue. They continue to move the resolution date further out from the original date, and continue to blame a cyber attack on their computer systems that occurred on August 8, 2022 for their failure to supply the necessary parts to complete the repair under this recall. Additionally, they also blame a material shortage for their inability to supply the parts necessary to complete the repair. This is an issue that BRP has known about for at least 2 years, and did nothing about it. They did the same thing with the recall of 2013 RT's to remedy a heat issue, which caused a number of bikes to catch fire with no warning. This is typical behavior on the part of BRP. Ignore an issue, and it will go away. In my opinion, NHTSA should compel BRP to complete the repair under this recall immediately, or require BRP to make a truthful and compelling case as to why they cannot do so.

Also, check the NHTSA website for Part 573 Safety Recall Report, Recall # 22V352 Note on page 2 that Transport Canada filed a report in May of 2021, and it seems that BRP really did not address it.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-04-2022 at 03:34 PM. Reason: OP - Additional Information; Then PA, Repot - Report ;-)
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

It would be nice, but good luck. Dodge and Jeep (only speaking about them because of experience) have been having air bag issues since before the air bag in my 2002 Jeep Liberty blew up in my face. This was over 5 years ago. And to date they are still doing recalls. The best advice that they can give is "don't drive them". I feel your pain, as I have a 2016 that is under the pulley recall. But I doubt it works.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Fortunately for me, I don't have this sprocket issue. However, I've seen an array of sprockets for sale on the internet that look similar to the BRP sprocket in question. Has anyone looked into modifying a similar sprocket that could effectively work on the spyder?

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Still Waiting for my Front Sprocket

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinTX View Post
    This is a complaint that I filed with NHTSA about the recall. It is somewhat long, but I hope other members on this forum will also file complaints. It can't hurt, and maybe light a fire under BRP's a** and compel them to be truthful for once.

RE: NHTSA recall #22V352.
    BRP has not moved forward in a timely manner to remedy this issue. They continue to move the resolution date further out from the original date, and continue to blame a cyber attack on their computer systems that occurred on August 8, 2022 for their failure to supply the necessary parts to complete the repair under this recall. Additionally, they also blame a material shortage for their inability to supply the parts necessary to complete the repair. This is an issue that BRP has known about for at least 2 years, and did nothing about it. They did the same thing with the recall of 2013 RT's to remedy a heat issue, which caused a number of bikes to catch fire with no warning. This is typical behavior on the part of BRP. Ignore an issue, and it will go away. In my opinion, NHTSA should compel BRP to complete the repair under this recall immediately, or require BRP to make a truthful and compelling case as to why they cannot do so.

Also, check the NHTSA website for Part 573 Safety Recall Report, Recall # 22V352 Note on page 2 that Transport Canada filed a report in May of 2021, and it seems that BRP really did not address it.
    I have done this process and I am still waiting for some real answers. Hopefully this will all turn out better very soon.

Still Waiting......
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

While we're on this topic, has anyone ever filed a complaint with the NHTSA over the substandard Kenda tires?

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Baxter View Post
    While we're on this topic, has anyone ever filed a complaint with the NHTSA over the substandard Kenda tires?
    Well actually they are D.O.T. certified for the Spyder ( ONLY ). And even though they are " J" type ( ie auto ) tires, they arn't legal to use on any Auto. Kenda's are marginal but the low weight of the Spyders allows them to be used......JMHO .... Mike