Spyder Garage

Default Thread Not Showing All Posts

The thread "The Truth about LED Bulbs" by larryd. There are some posts missing, for me, when logged in with 2 pages when logged out there are 3 pages and the posts are there, one of the posts that I remember is from PMK. What gives, am I doing something wrong as this thread is important to me and I am subscribed to it. Thanks for any help!

Spyder Garage

Neither Peter or I see anything wrong with the thread.

The site information shows no deletions. And, I see several posts by the person you mentioned.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

OK BearX, let's see if we can get to the bottom of this....

This is the thread you are concerned about, right? https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ng-This!/page3

That link above should take you to page 3 of that thread, and right now it shows & I can see 59 posts in it (the post number is in the top right corner of each post & only counts visible posts, but it definitely counts ALL visible posts) with your "My Thanks...." post being the last in the thread at the time I am posting this. Do you have/see that number?

There are NO Moderator removed/hidden posts in the thread, so that number of posts should include everything that's been posted... However, there's at least one member who has posted in that thread who has been known to post up something (usually questionable/controversial or clearly in breach of the Forum Rules!?) & then pretty much straight away completely gut their own post in the quite short time frame they have access to do that; which, if done soon enough after the initial posting, seems to remove it from the physical record completely, even if a few may have read it - so there is a (very slight) chance that may have occurred once or twice, but I doubt any more than that, altho it may include a post/posrs from the member you mention.... Still, if your post count shows that you've got 59 posts, then I believe you've all the valid posts in that thread. Can you confirm that you can see post number 59??

Off the top of my head, the only other thing that might be causing some posts NOT to show all the posts in a thread for you would be if you have some members included on your 'Ignore' list in your profile. You can check that by opening your profile (top right of the page) and reviewing your Ignore list. However, I believe that even if you have someone included on your Ignore list, the system still shows you that they've made a post & the post number of that post in any given thread, in order to give you the opportunity to decide on an individual post basis if you wish to review that particular post.... so if there's one there from someone you've chosen to Ignore, it should still be obvious, even if you can't read it without taking positive action to do so....

If that doesn't clear things up for you, is there any chance you could supply a screen dump or two to clarify for us what's going on?? Or tell us if there's any post numbers you're missing?? Or even give us any idea of what posts you think you might be missing??

Over to you....

Edit: I was (laboriously ) drafting all the above at the same time as ARtraveler was posting his much shorter version, but I think it still applies?!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-01-2022 at 05:32 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!