Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Revjames View Post
    My son says I must be a cat and have 9 lives... Couple major highlights.... Had an 18 wheeler drive shaft come through my SUV windshield and out back glass like a missile, jerked my head to side avoiding it taking off the right side of my face with only a few small cuts on forehead... DVT's in leg after encounter with a fox on a 2 wheeler, only had a sprained ankle initially. DVT became pulmonary embolism after clots went through my heart. Blood pressure was as low as 50/20 on ride to hospital... I am blessed, far more than I deserve!

Oh yes, not a negative but am surviving the birth and growth of a daughter, and my only girl, when I was 50. She is 7 now and the absolute apple of my eye!
    you survived " CLOTS " passing thru your Heart .... you are a living " Miricale " .... I have never heard of anyone surviving that ..... JMHO .....Mike

Spyder Garage

Lots of reasons for me to not be around. Near drowning, twice. Hospitalized in ICU with Sepsis (BP as low as 40 over 20), kidneys shut down and liver damage. Another time I went into anaphylactic shock from eating nitrate rich snacks while on the road alone. Body swelled up like a balloon. Drove 80 miles to the nearest hospital where I was immediately admitted. I was in "lifesaving" treatment for a couple of hours before they even asked my name. Lots of crashes riding dirt bikes, rode off-road ATVs and Side by Sides "to the edge". Raced hydroplanes and flipped a couple of times when I was young. Did a bit of rodeo bronc riding and never went the full 8 seconds. Built go-carts that I raced around the neighborhood streets when I was a pre-teen.. Got caught in heavy seas (10-12 footers+) in my boat a few times. Rear ended at 50 MPH while riding my Goldwing. Been run off the road a few times by inattentive cagers while riding. Survived Marine Corps in the mid 1960s. And, did I mention, I ride motorcycles and trikes.....?
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    you survived " CLOTS " passing thru your Heart .... you are a living " Miricale " .... I have never heard of anyone surviving that ..... JMHO .....Mike
    He's not the only one here Mike! It may not necessarily be all that common, but I know it does happen!

Check this out:

https://www.webmd.com/dvt/dvt-your-heart

Especially this bit quoted below...

What’s the Link Between DVT and the Heart?

DVT occurs in your veins. Your heart relies on veins to transport blood and other necessary supplies back from other parts of your body. Although DVT doesn’t actually happen in your heart, the clots can pass through the heart while traveling to your lungs....
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-03-2022 at 02:54 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    You are correct Mike, many do not survive blood clots that pass through heart into lungs, and in fact about 25% die very suddenly. I was in ICU a couple days and given "clot-buster" medication multiple times, then had what is called a Trellis procedure to remove any remaining clots (DVT) in my thigh. While I am not the only survivor there is no doubt in my mind but that it was a true miracle of God that I am here today. For me, all goes to God. Without meaning to get religious or be offensive to anyone, Jesus is my Savior, in more than one way!
    Last edited by Revjames; 11-04-2022 at 05:53 AM.
    James C
    2022 F3 Limited Special Series

Spyder Garage

I have survive reading all these posts
    RykerUSA
    2022 Ryker Rally

Spyder Garage

WOW ; After reading the many posts we are all pretty lucky and blessed to be here, my list is long but i am going to keep it short, broken right ankle, trigger finger surgery in both hands, torn meniscus in right knee, 3 back back surgerys in a 5 year window with 5 fused discs, prostate cancer 13 years and not counting. i almost forgot 2 blood clots and ablation surgery, I could go on but you guys get the point we are living our best lives. keep living ....

Spyder Garage

Vietnam
    2021 Spyder RT

Spyder Garage

Sorry for the late reply, while on Bancation I was not able to post replies.

Being, typically a decade or more younger than many folks here, I can not say I survived some things that you folks have been thru. I noticed some replies indicating surviving military service, so up front and foremost, thank you.

Since the topic is in regards to what have we survived. Well, broken bones have been a listed item, those I have had. Broken arm, three broken legs (all from racing motorcycles), both pinky fingers tweeked outward, lost count of how many broken ribs. Tore the ligament off my right thumb from bending it back against my wrist. Twisted knees, where now left knee is 100% bone on bone and right knee is 95% trashed. Been through many bone marrow biopsies, stem cell harvest, bladder surgery, many bladder inspections and treatments, medications that make you wish you were already dead, plus stuff I likely forgot. Never got a covid vaccine but survived getting covid, recently had a Psuedamonous infection that I was told was very serious, that required doing home IV via a pick line. Survived that, even though two of the three nurses were far less than qualified or sterile in how they worked.

Survived crazy times during New England winters as a teenager, partying. Survived years of hanging out in establishments via my fake ID where you never knew what might happen.

But now older, I endure each day surviving three different types of cancers, none curable, only treatable. So when diagnosed in 2011 with 3 to 5 years life expectancy, for one of those cancers, I appreciate each day. I never use those as excuses or flaunt them for attention or reason for being treated differently. This reply is not for attention, so please, no one take it that way, or send chocolates, ok, you can send chocolate… I do constantly fight for underdogs in the same situation, as a cancer support group co leader, helping others. My greatest help though, is my wife and caregiver was recently diagnosed with a same type non curable cancer. So now as a patient and caregiver, my experiences can be shared to help even more in need. All my doctors think I am nuts, because I refuse to have a sit at home or “oh woe is me attitude”. They do appreciate I still live my life as I chose and can, but I know they worry too about my antics, however they tolerate it.,When they ask how I am doing, I truthfully tell them, “ain’t dead yet”…I ask many technical questions and often my doctors are good about answering them. I joke and explain I am learning for my brain surgery degree.

While my doctors would prefer I did not play doing dangerous stuff as I have, I still ride my mountain bikes with nearly the same passion and carefree attitude to injury, I still compete in off road motorcycle events, moto trials and little motocross.

I know my priorities in life, and continue on that path. The good people I have met, and worked with are awesome, I have little tolerance for idiots, or clueless folks presenting themselves as smart. As always, I am not afraid to share knowledge and not ever felt threatened by doing so. At 61, I have lived a longer life than my dad, and my moms dad (my grandfather). Doubt I will outlive my dads father, but those 25 years may fly by.

AND, each year since 1983, I survive the worst, Snowbirds arriving in Florida and trying to kill the locals with their bad driving skills, colds and flu they bring, or simply being here with a nasty arttitude.

So I share words of survival wisdom, one of my first oncologists told me. He explained “his job was to make me live long enough to die from something else”. Yes, there can be days where at that moment, survival does not matter. Miserable, sick, hurting in pain and more, so you take a day for yourself, regroup, and comeback in what seems like a moment later.

Have fun, ride safe, or enjoy winter if you live there.
    Last edited by PMK; 11-08-2022 at 07:12 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by milryder View Post
    Vietnam
    Yep, been there, done that, 34 months of it.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver