Spyder Garage

Default Turn signals are reversed on Freedom trailer

I purchased a Freedom trailer and a BRP wiring harness. All worked well except the trailers turn signals flash opposite the turn signals on my 2019 F3L. (trailer right turn signal and bikes left turn signal) The wiring harness is plug and play. I read somewhere this was a issue for someone else but couldn’t find the post. My first guess is that the trailers tail light connection’s are revered. Any comments.
    Poasttown

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You have two choices:

On the Spyder end you can cut and reconnect wires or disassemble connectors and move pins. I prefer disassembling connectors.

On the trailer end, if there's a 4-pin Deutsch connector where the tongue wire enters the trailer body, then it's very easy to disassemble the connector and move pins.
    2014 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE6 Freeway Commuter Pod
    2016 Royal Enfield Classic 500 Fair-Weather Mountain Bike

Spyder Garage

Bert, thanks for your reply.

After a few days of research and thinking about this issue I decided to begin testing the wiring harness under the seat and work my way back to determine where the problem was. I tested the wires under the seat based on their color coding and all checked out ok. I then did the same to the plug at the hitch and again all checked out ok. This made me think that the Freedom trailers turn signal wires were reverse. I was able to reach up to the tail light connections, without removing any trailer panels, and reverse the wires which did result in all my lights and signals working properly.

Now on to my next project.

Poasttown, 2019 F3L

Spyder Garage

SAME THING happened to me when I bought my new freedom trailer this spring! Turn signals on trailer were reversed. Service tech kept trying to blame it on the wiring harness... Until they got an adapter and plugged it into one of the guy's truck and it did the same thing. LOL Finally one of the service guys just reached under it and reversed the plugs. Problem solved!

Spyder Garage

Glad you got yours fixed. Yes a pretty simple solution once figured out.

Poasttown
    2019F3L