Spyder Garage

Default Connecting Garmin Zumo XT, Cell Phone and Sena 20S Headsets

Anyone out there using the Garmin Zumo XT with a Cell Phone and Sena Headsets connected?

I am installing a Zumo XT on my 2022 RTL and have a few questions.
    I plan on using a Bluetooth connection to the bike via a Bluetooth Dongle plugged in the glove box.
    I want to be able to hear the Garmin directions on both my bikes speakers and also when I have my helmet on and using my Sena device to communicate with my passenger or another bike.
    I am also going to be Bluetooth connecting my phone to my bike so I can listen to music

What do I connect to what?
    Do I connect my phone to the Garmin?
    Do I connect my head sets to my phone or to the Garmin?

thanks
    2022 RT Limited , Silver w/ Black and Purple accents

Spyder Garage

Default Connecting Garmin Zumo XT, Cell Phone and Sena 20S Headsets

Anyone out there using the Garmin Zumo XT with a Cell Phone and Sena Headsets connected?

I am installing a Zumo XT on my 2022 RTL and have a few questions.
    I plan on using a Bluetooth connection to the bike via a Bluetooth Dongle plugged in the glove box.
    I want to be able to hear the Garmin directions on both my bikes speakers and also when I have my helmet on and using my Sena device to communicate with my passenger or another bike.
    I am also going to be Bluetooth connecting my phone to my bike so I can listen to music

What do I connect to what?
    Do I connect my phone to the Garmin?
    Do I connect my head sets to my phone or to the Garmin?

thanks
    2022 RT Limited , Silver w/ Black and Purple accents

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by campermac View Post
    thanks
    Do that in the order you have listed above and that combo should work fine. You are on your own wanting to also hook up the phone to the bike and the Garmin to the bike. Several have tried.
    2019 RTL Phoenix Orange
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

if you leave the bike out of the picture you should connect both your phone and your Sena to the Garmin.
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2018 F3 Limited - Intense Red Pearl . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Spyder Garage

I have my Phone and headset connected to the Garmin XT... Then the Garmin to the Dongle in my glove box.... I control what comes out of the speakers and what comes out of the headsets via the set-up in the Garmin.... Works like a charm once I figured it out... I originally had the headset paired with the phone and the Garmin and had trouble answering calls. I disconnected the headset from my phone and all worked fine... I'm not sure if the Rt is the same as the F3
    RiderDuke

My Ride
    2021 Glacial Blue Metallic F3-T

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RiderDuke View Post
    I have my Phone and headset connected to the Garmin XT... Then the Garmin to the Dongle in my glove box.... I control what comes out of the speakers and what comes out of the headsets via the set-up in the Garmin.... Works like a charm once I figured it out... I originally had the headset paired with the phone and the Garmin and had trouble answering calls. I disconnected the headset from my phone and all worked fine... I'm not sure if the Rt is the same as the F3
    The ‘21 F3 is the same setup as the ‘21 RT, RiderDuke. I have my Phone paired to both my XT and Sena, and my Sena also paired direct to my XT (I don’t use BRPGo). That allows me to utilise Siri. I have no issue receiving phone calls. I can not hazard a guess as to why yours didn’t work…..they are mysterious creature, these BT connections. One wrong checkbox deep in the bowels of any of them can really screw you up.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red