So I have been checking out why I have so much wear on the insides of my front tires as discussed earlier in this thread.... https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...74#post1644674

I have swapped the tires on the rims to have the wear reversed , and I was hoping that an alignment would help but I saw something last weekend on a trip to ocean city with a group that I ride with that has me thinking it may not help.

It has been mentioned by other users that they have also seen some unusual inside tire wear on the front tires.

As discussed in the previous thread it was stated that there is no toe in adjustment for Camber or Caster on a Spyder which leads me to my next observation and a question I have about upgrading my shocks.

One of the guys in the group had a brand new sea to sky with stock suspension, he weighs just a little bit heavier than I do and I was riding behind him he is about 290 lbs. I found this a perfect opportunity to see how his front tires reacted to his weight while riding and what I saw didn't really surprise me and confirmed what I had been thinking about.

I was able to observe while he was driving and hitting dips in the road that his tires were flexing inward throwing all of the weight to the inside of the front tire so it really no surprise now that the tire is wearing out on the inside from this flexing.

Now for my question and hopefully @BajaRon can answer this for me. I am buying a new shocks this spring to accommodate 2 up riding, besides an alignment would there be anything else I would need to do correct this flexing other than the shocks?

Or are us heavier set guys going to have to buy tires more often due to this flexing?