Spyder Garage

Question Can a Garmin Zumo & a cell phone be mounted together??

Is it possible to mount both together? 2017 Spyder RT has Zumo mount installed. Is it possible to mount a cell phone also?

I do not know if I want to keep the Zumo mount there daily. I have no problems removing it temporarily.

IMG_20221020_163026.jpg
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 10-21-2022 at 07:23 AM. Reason: Expanded Title to briefly ask the question ;-)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RULINGCHAOS View Post
    Is it possible to mount both together? 2017 Spyder RT has Zumo mount installed. Is it possible to mount a cell phone also?

I do not know if I want to keep the Zumo mount there daily. I have no problems removing it temporarily.

IMG_20221020_163026.jpg
    I'm not sure I understand your question.
    I'm interpreting your first statement as asking if you can mount a Zumo and Cell Phone in parallel, both at the same time.
    Yes you can, but of course, you'd need a second mount for your cell phone. You can mount it on the handlebar, similar to the cup you show in your picture. There are RAM mounts available for cell phones.
    Your second statement indicates you are looking to mount your Zumo OR your Cell Phone in the same spot, making a ride day decision which one you want.
    Again, the answer is yes. If you have the BRP Zumo mount, you'll need to convert it to a RAM style Zumo mount, and then you can remove the Zumo and mount your Cell anytime you wish.

As always, my free advice comes with a double your money back guarantee.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

My take on Garmin AND cell phones is both are just another distraction we do not need while engaging in an already somewhat risky adventure. After trying to use the Garmin during the first few months after getting it, I made that decision and use it only if I get completely lost in foreign territory. Even then, I stop to study it and the paper maps that are always with me when venturing into areas I am not familiar with. I recently used an old fashion and much simpler form of navigation to help me after studying maps thoroughly before I blast off on just about any ride. I write down road numbers with large print on a small piece of paper with the direction I should be going when I reach each new road that's on the planned route. That old school GPS is then taped to my gas tank or any easy to view location. (see picture)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Those who say " I can't" will always be right.
    2014 RT Limited , pewter (magnesium?)

Spyder Garage

My Zumo 590 lives in its mount except on overnights when touring. My phone is always in the trunk and is paired to the GPS that has a phone app on it. I do not answer the phone when on the road but the phone app will alert me that I may have to return a call when at a rest/fuel stop. If I'm riding in unfamiliar territory I routinely create routes using Garmin BaseCamp and download them to the GPS so I can hear turn by turn directions and don't have to be distracted looking for road signs.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RULINGCHAOS View Post

IMG_20221020_163026.jpg
    As I understand your question, you're asking if a Zumo mount and cell phone mount can be mounted on your handlebars at the same time. If so the answer is yes. You already have the Zumo mount so all you'll need is a mount for the cell phone. I don't know what type of mount you plan to use for your cell phone. I use the trac phone mount from MotorcycleDave to hold my cell phone and the Spyder Cuff mount from Lamonster Garage to mount it to the bike. The Spyder Cuff has a bottle holder which is adjustable for different sized diameter bottles as well as Ram ball type connections for the phone mount. Both work perfectly for me.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

I understand what you mean. There is no ram ball on it. The GPS mount mounts to that USB / 12V mount. I was (badly explained) trying to ask if I can use Ram cell phone mount instead of the garmin one.

Take one off, put another on. But there is no ball.. so I will have to buy one. Here is a pic.

IMG_20221026_212705.jpg

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Why have both when the smartphone can do it all? Mounting a smartphone on the handlebars can cause damage to the phone. It’s best to mount it to the center on on the dash.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red