Spyder Garage

Default 2019 Spyder RT Limited..Phoenix Orange ***SOLD***

I am the original owner and purchased this new. It has ~2200 miles on it and I've decided to go back to two wheels. Very good condition with one small paint issue in the very front, on the nose. I will show that in the pictures, so look closely if that is an issue for you. Clear title, no lien, and no trades. Acceptable forms of payment are Cash or Certified Check from a well know financial institution. I will not turn over the title or motorcycle until the check has been verified.

It has always been garage kept and on a Battery Tender when not being used. It has the following extras...Baja Ron Sway bar, LaMonster cup holder mount, LaMonster GPS/Phone mount with a 1" Ram Ball, Lidlox helmet holders on both sides of the handlebars, LaMonster Magic Mirror mounts, UltraGuard black 1/2 Cover, and also a Passenger Cup Holder. I presently have a Garmin XT and mount on the bike, but will be removed before the sale and will go on the next bike.....unless you want that too for extra dollars above and beyond the price of the Spyder. I also have a set of "over the wheel" heavy duty straps for tying it down to a trailer. They attach directly to etrack and are the most secure way to tie it down if you need to trailer it. I will throw those in for free, as I would have no use for them any longer. You would have to buy some etrack for your trailer and install it, but the straps will come with the Spyder.

Please contact me via PM on here if you have any questions. I will post some pics, but if you want more, PM me with your email address and I will send them to you.
    Pricing is as follows.....Spyder with everything included as mention above....$22,500. Garmin XT GPS with motorcycle mount already installed...$400

Last edited by triplethreat; 03-08-2023 at 09:27 PM. Reason: Pricing change

Spyder Garage

Lot of looks so far, but no responses! Is the price to high....It's a couple of grand below NADA pricing? Is it the color? Does no one like the Phoenix Orange? How about some feedback for me, I really would like to sell this and get on with my pursuit of the two wheeler I'm looking at.

Thanks.

Spyder Garage

If it's feedback you're after, try to be patient triplethreat! Many Forum Members don't come on to have a look around any more often than maybe every couple of weeks/month or so; which means that getting a bunch of views as you have in just a few days actually bodes well, just so long as you don't get too impatient & expect a result sooner!

Excluding a few faaar outliers at both ends of the bell curve, by my calcs the average time a Spyder FS: advert takes to get a result here is something close to 2 months, while the median time is a fair bit longer (ie, midway between shortest & longest) even when excluding those faaar outliers at each end as anomolies; so maybe this isn't the best place to advertise if you want a quick sale, possibly cos most Members here already have a Spyder??

Still, it does appear that most get a result in the end, it sometimes just takes a little bit of a while.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    If it's feedback you're after, try to be patient triplethreat! Many Forum Members don't come on to have a look around any more often than maybe every couple of weeks/month or so; which means that getting a bunch of views as you have in just a few days actually bodes well, just so long as you don't get too impatient & expect a result sooner!

Excluding a few faaar outliers at both ends of the bell curve, by my calcs the average time a Spyder FS: advert takes to get a result here is something close to 2 months, while the median time is a fair bit longer (ie, midway between shortest & longest) even when excluding those faaar outliers at each end as anomolies; so maybe this isn't the best place to advertise if you want a quick sale, possibly cos most Members here already have a Spyder??

Still, it does appear that most get a result in the end, it sometimes just takes a little bit of a while.
    Thank you for that input Peter, I appreciate it.

Spyder Garage

Hi Triple, I am always loathe to comment forum members For Sale ads but as you have asked for some feedback I will give you my thoughts. By way of background I have a 2021 RTL and a 2015 F3 (different locations) and I am keeping my eye out for a late model F3 that I can swap for my RTL as I really do prefer the F3 riding position. This has caused me to be aware of the Spyder ads on this Board, Craigslist, CycleTrader as well as local retailer ads (in SoCal) Here are some of my thoughts:

There seem to be more used Spyders up for sale than a year ago when I was looking for my RTL.The shortage of new bikes has increased used bike prices and some folks are looking to "cash in" on this resulting in more used bikes for sale.

The RTL had a significant refresh in 2020 which most folks seem to rate as being a positive improvement. This may make the last year of the old model more difficult to sell.

As you say the colour of the bike may be polarizing - some folks like it and some don't. I fall into the "have to see it in person" to decide.

As has been pointed out in other threads the riding season for about 2/3 of the country is now over and I'm sure bike sales drop off considerably in these areas during the winter. The early spring seems to be the "hot" time for buying and selling bikes.

Cosmetic damage, even though it may be minor, is a turn off for those of us who like to keep our toys in mint condition. Although the damage to your bike isn't major by any standards, it is probably fairly expensive to have it professionally repaired. My wife's bumper scratch on her car turned out to be a $1000 event.

The suitability of your price is a tough one to gauge and only time will tell if it's competitive. There are 2020 RTL's listed at less than yours and you have to remember that the asking price you see in ads is by definition the asking price and bikes most often sell below that number.

Finally as Peter has suggested patience is required to sell a bike particularly at this time of the year.

These thoughts are meant to be constructive and I hope you find them helpful.
    Last edited by PeterKelly; 10-24-2022 at 01:45 PM.
    2021 Spyder RT Limited (Palm Desert)
    Grey - dark edition

2015 Spyder F3 S (Vancouver)

2017 Yamaha V Star 1300 Tourer

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Feedback. So, here you go.
    I love that color, but as stated above, you are pretty close to the price of a 2020 or newer (which many prefer). You also might keep in mind that with it being a 2019, there is very little (if any) warranty left on the bike. I owned a 2014 RT, which isn't very different besides the digital dash and a few other bits. If I was to purchase that body style, without warranty, I would possibly be looking at a 2014-2017, so that I could save a little money and not feel as bad about possibly having to get work done to the bike. Good luck with your sale, and hopefully you will find the right match.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Thanks to both of you.... @PeterKelly and @blacklightening for the comments suggestions. I based my pricing on a current NADA lookup and every point that was mentioned by you guys is valid. I will certainly look at dropping the pricing tomorrow....thanks again guys.

Spyder Garage

Just a bump up to reflect a significant Price Reduction.......$22,500 now!

Spyder Garage

Let's start the new year with a bump to the top.

Spyder Garage

No problem with color. I have two F3L's. One is Phoenix orange.. Also for sale. This is the SLOW time of the year to move used Spyders.

RE: Price...lower than NADA or blue book is good.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Interested. PM me, Thank you.

Vinny
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-10-2023 at 03:51 PM. Reason: Removed ph # detail...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Donnieshacks View Post
    Interested. PM me, Thank you.

Vinny
    Hey Whaaat??

Aside from all the risks of posting your info out where the whole World can see it & take advantage of you so kindly telling them that you're open for business &/or ripping off, but given this info from the OP's Ad, Vinny -

Please contact me via PM on here if you have any questions. I will post some pics, but if you want more, PM me with your email address and I will send them to you.
    Pricing is as follows.....Spyder with everything included as mention above....$22,500. Garmin XT GPS with motorcycle mount already installed...$400
    I would think that in all courtesy, it's up to YOU to do the reaching out here And now that you've made a post, you should be able to PM by just clicking on the OP's username & then selecting Private Message from the drop down list, so it should fairly easy.

Just Sayin'
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-10-2023 at 03:52 PM. Reason: :
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Deposit has been made and Sale is Pending

Spyder Garage

Bike is now Sold!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by triplethreat View Post
    Bike is now Sold!

If it's Sold Triple, could you please follow the directions in the 'How to Use....' Sticky at the top of the index page (& linked below) to mark it Sold? It's a simple courtesy to potential buyers & readers so that they don't need to open the thread only to see that it's already sold....

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...sub-forum-****

Thanks, & glad you made the sale!

Edit: Thread closed due to lack of OP response - profile noted for future reference.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-09-2023 at 09:05 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!