Spyder Garage

Default I decided to change my phone mount to tackform!

I had to change my phone mount. Since like forever I’ve been using the Quad Lock, which I really liked because it held my phone rock steady. The problem for me was in locking my phone onto the mount. My phone didn’t fit any of the available Quad Lock cases, so I had to order the universal mount to affix to my Otter Box case.

I don’t know if it was a user issue or what, but I found it a pain in the neck sometimes to get the slots on the Quad Lock aligned with the slots in mount. Some times I got it on the first shot. Other times it took a number tries get it lined up. And some times I just decided the heck with it and stuck the phone in my pocket or the glove box on my bike.

So I decided to give the Tack Form a try. Ordered it from Forum vendor Motorcycle Dave. Got to me in 2 days. I had to use a heat gun to soften the adhesive on the universal mount to pry it loose from my case because it stuck too far out to fit into the mount. But now my phone snaps in and out first time every time. And it also holds the phone rock steady. Win Win! I think I’m gonna be happy with this.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 10-15-2022 at 10:40 PM. Reason: Expanded Title to briefly mention purpose.... ;-)
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I bought a tackform recently because of all the good stuff people said about it. It is sitting in a box now. It does not securely hold a phone. I went back to the RAM Quick Grip XL. It is IMPOSSIBLE for a phone to fall out.
    2021 Sea to Sky RT , Highland green

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Joel The Biker View Post
    I bought a tackform recently because of all the good stuff people said about it. It is sitting in a box now. It does not securely hold a phone. I went back to the RAM Quick Grip XL. It is IMPOSSIBLE for a phone to fall out.
    Joel, not sure what problem you ran into, but my experience has been just the opposite. So far it has been the best one I have tried.
    2019 RTL Phoenix Orange
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

Was the phone vertical or horizontal? Did it have a case or just bare phone? Did you use the supplied rubber netting?
    I'm sure someone would buy it from you if you posted it for sale. I really like mine.
    21 Spyder base F3

Spyder Garage

I use both the Tackform and RAM Quick Grip XL. Never any issues with either. I use the Tackform more often due to its smaller footprint.

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

I have had great success with my Tackform on my Iphone. Holds phone solid.
    2019 F3 base
    Shad saddlebags with Admore led light kit
    BajaRon swaybar
    Hopnel mini bra
    BRP driver's backrest
    Madstad windshield
    Ultimate floorboards
    CanAm Spyder accessories rear shelf with LinQ adapter

Spyder Garage

Joel,

I am using the Ram X-Grip Universal phone holder with 1 inch ball with the extra netting that came with it , that I bought from Lamonster Garage.

I have an LG Trac phone. The phone holder works well.

I just bought the Ram X-Grip Universal phone holder with the netting in Aug. of this year. It holds my phone.

Deanna
    Last edited by Deanna777; 10-16-2022 at 07:26 PM.

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have had the early model Trackform for years now. It's been on two different rides, a Harley and a Spyder, and it's probably got over 100K miles on it and has never failed to do its job. The single most feature of the Trackform that convinced me to go with it, is that it takes two hands to lock the phone in it, and two hands to remove it. It just ain't come'n out by itself period.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
    I have had the early model Trackform for years now. It's been on two different rides, a Harley and a Spyder, and it's probably got over 100K miles on it and has never failed to do its job. The single most feature of the Trackform that convinced me to go with it, is that it takes two hands to lock the phone in it, and two hands to remove it. It just ain't come'n out by itself period.
    I'm just woondering why you have to use two hands? I snap my phone in and out using only one hand... Am I doing it wrong? I admit I didn't really read the included instructions.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gkamer View Post
    I'm just woondering why you have to use two hands? I snap my phone in and out using only one hand... Am I doing it wrong? I admit I didn't really read the included instructions.
    I suppose I could if I tightened the ball attachment down tight. But because of the tight grip, the holder has on the phone, I use two hands to open and close it. I don't tighten the ball attachment too tight because of the sun's reflection on the screen. It makes it hard to see sometimes particularly if I'm using the map feature. I have to move the phone slightly to get a good visual of the screen. I know, that's not a safe practice when youre moving.

Spyder Garage

I suppose I could if I tightened the ball attachment down tight. But because of the tight grip, the holder has on the phone, I use two hands to open and close it. I don't tighten the ball attachment too tight because of the sun's reflection on the screen. It makes it hard to see sometimes particularly if I'm using the map feature. I have to move the phone slightly to get a good visual of the screen. I know, that's not a safe practice when youre moving.
    Yea, OK that makes sense now. I've not had that issue crop up yet, but I'll store this info away for future use if needed. Thanks.
    Greg Kamer

USAF, 20 years, retired

Spyder Garage

Good to hear. I had just ordered one tonight.
    2022 Spyder F3L Special Series, Red (Oceanside, CA)
    2018 Spyder RT Limited, Pearl White (SLC, Utah)

Spyder Garage

just got my trackform today and man is it a tight fit on the iphone 14 + the phone barely fits, i have to roll the edge of the otter box over the lip on the mount.
    i dare the phone to come loose now.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SLICE View Post
    just got my trackform today and man is it a tight fit on the iphone 14 + the phone barely fits, i have to roll the edge of the otter box over the lip on the mount.
    i dare the phone to come loose now.
    The origional Trackform and Otter Box. Great combo. Just a side note, you can order otter box parts because over the long term they will break, However, it's still an excellent product.

Spyder Garage

The origional Trackform and Otter Box. Great combo. Just a side note, you can order otter box parts because over the long term they will break, However, it's still an excellent product.
    otterbox has replace 3 of my cases over the years, they have awesome CS

Spyder Garage

otterbox has replace 3 of my cases over the years, they have awesome CS
    Just curious, Slice…..what’s the main advantage to you of using an Otterbox ?

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Just curious, Slice…..what’s the main advantage to you of using an Otterbox ?

Pete
    butter fingers/mashed potatoes for brains/ anger issues, i've forgotten the number of times my phone has gone into flight mode.

somewhere i have a picture of a ball peen hammer that i threw at a fire door and it embedded in the door, i got a months vacation
    from work a years worth of anger management treatment... didn't work, i still smash things when i get PO'ed

Spyder Garage

...... i got a months vacation
    from work a years worth of anger management treatment... didn't work, i still smash things when i get PO'ed
    I fully understand, commiserate, & truly feel for you Slice.

And as seen somewhere just recently, I'll share my newly adopted Mantra:

I wouldn't need to 'Manage my Anger' if others would just manage their stupidity!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

butter fingers/mashed potatoes for brains/ anger issues, i've forgotten the number of times my phone has gone into flight mode.

somewhere i have a picture of a ball peen hammer that i threw at a fire door and it embedded in the door, i got a months vacation
    Yep, sounds like a fair justification to me, Slice So it is not specifically to cope with its life on a Spyder, just it’s life with Slice

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red