Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

C41AFCD3-6B5D-4FF4-AF02-EE4589C93678.jpg

Shared here lil while ago - sorry, don’t know by who.
    (Might I add, PLEASE do not attempt on OEM tires!!!)
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 10-02-2023 at 06:19 PM. Reason: Fixed attach display ;-)

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

I had the same top speed on my 2022 S2S.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 10-02-2023 at 06:19 PM. Reason: ST-S's finished production in about 2015 ;-)

Spyder Garage

My F3s as seen 100 mph, and was still going when I backed off the throttle.

Retired U.S. Coast Guard 76-97
    Shad bags
    Lamonsters 2.0 usb dual power plate
    F3 ultimate boards
    LED arc lights
    Lidlox helmet extender
    Lamonsters top cuff with Ram ball and phone holder.
    Lamonster billet sway bar end links
    BRP driver backrest
    LED Volt meter
    2022 F3S , Monolith black

Spyder Garage

And here is a tip on how to make your spyder go faster, without any special tuning.

For you Americans, change your speedo from MPH to KPH (if they still allow you to do that). 62 mph will now show up as 100. Don't tell your rider.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Now that reminds my of a true story from about ... well a few years back.
    I was looking to pick up a new to me 2nd hand bike off a bloke.
    Looked it over, test ride OK. Yup no worries, but if ya smash it ya own it. Yup deal.

So off I went.
    Rode it a bit and began thinking this bike is really windy to ride and dosnt really corner as well as I thought it would.

Almost back to the starting point and pooteling along. It dawned on me. The speedo was in MPH.

We have had speed limits here posted in KPH since 1974 here, and decimal currency in 1967.

I still stand by my comment. Post 22 here.

Take it out and kick it in the guts.
    Limited to the machines top speed or your courage.

If you decline that well what difference will it make?
    Last edited by Isopedella; 10-03-2023 at 11:53 AM.

Spyder Garage

One up, my RT LTD seemed to get quite front end light on a "private road" speed test I once gave it. Here at 5,000 feet, the drop in power means 105-108 mph is seriously optimistic though.

With the aerodynamics of a small house, it might look very slippery, but I rather think it doesn't do a very good job of getting negative air pressure underneath it at speed. No ground effect in other words.

Whilst it cruises very nicely in the 70+ speed range, it definitely doesn't seem so aerodynamically planted at much over 80 mph on anything other than very level pavement.

Being essentially a cruising machine, whether or not it is speed limited is probably irrelevant. Actually, it isn't really relevant even for liter plus sports bikes unless on a track day. If you are un-happy that your bike is speed limited to the 186 mph "standard" I think your riding days are going to be curtailed either by the court system or by an almost guaranteed seriously shortened life span.

Much beyond 100 mph and my old brain can't process information quick enough on the street. Too many variables to manage with not enough time to process them all.

Many, many years ago when I was young, bikes never seemed fast enough, nowadays when bikes are seriously quick I'm too slow to take advantage of that.
    Can Am Syder RT Limited (2021)
    Triumph Bonneville T120 (2018)
    2021 RT Limited , Silver

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yep! Every vehicle is limited in some way. Just depends on if you want to live or Die dangerously!

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ron1026 View Post
    Are the 2022 RT's speed limited by the computer ? My past few bikes have been limited and I was wondering if the Can Am's are also....
    They definitely are speed limited in reverse. 9 MPH max!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

On my 2022 S2S I had it at 105 mph. She had power for a little more. It was with my 220 pounds and a nice flat highway heading to Lake Placid.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-04-2023 at 07:33 PM. Reason: ST-S's ceased production in 2015/16... ;-)

Spyder Garage

Am Now Googling Longest straight steepest downhill stretch of Interstate in the ....... Though I suppose if I lost 100 lbs, my RT would hit that limiter.....
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DGoebel View Post
    Am Now Googling Longest straight steepest downhill stretch of Interstate in the ....... Though I suppose if I lost 100 lbs, my RT would hit that limiter.....
    It might not be the longest but there is a nice downhill straight stretch on I80 west bound from Summit Park down towards the Salt Lake Valley that’s pretty steep. Also eastbound on I70 coming down from the other side of the mountains from its start at I15. Both are in Utah and get pretty high up before descending. The elevation of course means a lot less power but they do feel like driving it off a cliff. There’s some pretty good descents northbound on I15 too, just north of the I70 turnoff. I70 in parts of Colorado are fun too. The elevation gets you there too. Heading west to Nevada has challenges between the ranges of mountains.

Come to think of it, many interstates and state roads in Utah have some nice rapid descents, you just have to watch out for the bends at the very bottom. They’ll get you every time.

Perhaps looking up truck run off ramps on Google Maps might give some places to start.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-13-2023 at 12:14 AM. Reason: stress ;-)
    Can Am Syder RT Limited (2021)
    Triumph Bonneville T120 (2018)
    2021 RT Limited , Silver