Threaded View

Spyder Garage

Default BRP denies warranty claim on water in fuse box - any ideas on next steps?

Looking for help from those smarter than me.

I have a 2021 RT Limited Purchased 6/15/2021 (Build date 05/2020), driven a total of 2,020 miles that had water infiltration into the right side fuse box (from the seated rider position). The water infiltration caused the fuses to corrode and on 9/14/2022 while returning from a visit to a local bike night event, all lights went out as well as the cooling fan. Almost rear ended stopping for a traffic light in a very well light intersection and a kind passer by flagged us down to inform us we had no lights as well. I pulled into the nearest safe stopping location and gathered myself while trying to diagnose the issue. Eventually I got to opening the fuse boxes and found the fuse box to have more than a tablespoon of water in it. This green water dripped all over the frunk of coarse.
    After a bit of a struggle I was able to get two of the Pink 30 amp fuses out and get the bike home safely. After waiting a few weeks unable to ride the thing for fear of a fire or another failure; I got it to the dealership who in turn opened a case with BRP.
    BRP turned around and denied the warranty claim.
    I was curious if anyone has had to deal with this recently and what my next steps may be? I reached out to BRP and was told that a warranty claim that is denied is non-negotiable and they were unwilling to even attempt to work things out. I have since opened a safety claim with the NHTSA and the BBB seeing as BRP seems to not want to cover their flaw. The dealership has quoted $2520 to repair. NOT COOL BRP, not cool!

I remind you this vehicle has been garage kept, driven in the rain once last September and has been bathed twice in its life (I suspect the later was where the water came from). I find it hard to believe that I can't wash or ride the vehicle in the rain.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Treekiller; 10-12-2022 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Expanded Title to briefly mention purpose.... ;-)
    2021 RT Limited , Deep Marsala