Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Go for it. The new RT's are the best long distance touring bike. I bought a 21 RT base bone stock, rode it home 950 miles. I couldn't do that on my 2017 F3 LTD.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 10-18-2022 at 05:40 AM. Reason: in - it ;-)

2017 F3 LTD (SOLD)
    2017 HD Freewheeler (SOLD)
    2021 RT Base Upper and lower adjustable deflectors , Top case, Signature and lower lights, Baja Ron Bar, Back rest,Fobo TPMS, Garmin 396 , LED Fender lights, Rear LED turn and brake lights, Rear Brake light flasher, Rear Saddle bag LED lights, Battery tender, Lamonster Handle Bar Riser.

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Well, i made the move from my F3 Limited Special edition to a 2021 RT Limited! Bike currently has 712 miles on it after a 100 mile ride from Va. to pick it up. It is super smooth and rides like a luxury car. I think this is the first bike that I have ever owned that I believe I can actually complete a 1000 mile 24 hour ride with. Going to check into the service date and see about getting the extended warranty. I believe I will see about adding some highway pegs also, because at 6'-2", it is a little cramped compared to my F3. But the first mod will be a pedal commander. It really winds up and goes, but I am wanting more off the line throttle response. I will be posting pictures after I get it cleaned up, as well as listing my wife's 2016 F3T for sale.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Great to hear Blacklightning

If you like it as much as I do after switching from my ‘16 F3-L, you’ll be a happy man. That extra length in the rear shock, the LED lighting and the adjustable screen are brilliant. The ease of removing the trunk depending on the look you want is clever. Plus BRP have refined the handling to the point where I find it as good as my F3. I also found that despite bad knees, having my feet in a more rearward position does not create the comfort issues that I thought it would after the F3. It’s a very comfortable position even with a 38” inleg. On a recent 6 hour day, I didn’t feel the need to use highway pegs at all as I could change foot position easily.

The only improvement I could recommend, if your finances allow, is outlaying for a set of Helibars to allow for the perfect shoulder/wrist position for even more comfort. (I also have the Pedal Commander and it certain removes any acceleration lag)

Looking forward to your thoughts after a few miles, as we all have different requirements and drivers.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

The new RT is a nice ride to be sure. I could never step down from my F3 to an RT. I hate the upright and uncomfortable (for me) riding position. Also its top heavy handling in the corners. Nice as it may be, I could not move from my vette to an escalade either.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It's about time, blacklightning. (You should have bought my RT. ) The $600 for Helibars is well worth it.

I haven't taken a "long" trip in years. If I'm ever able to get another Spyder, I'll get an F3S. I know that wouldn't work at all for you.
    2021 Honda HRV
    2245 Constitution class starship (refitted 2270-2271) (for sale)
    2021 Can Am Spyder RT (gone)
    2019 Honda CR-V (gone)
    2018 Can Am Spyder RT Limited (gone)
    2014 Kawasaki Nomad (gone)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MONK View Post
    It's about time, blacklightning. (You should have bought my RT. ) The $600 for Helibars is well worth it.

I haven't taken a "long" trip in years. If I'm ever able to get another Spyder, I'll get an F3S. I know that wouldn't work at all for you.
    I will be keeping my f3.limited. it has all the pluses of the F3S, but none of the minuses. I got a great deal on this one, and just couldn't refuse.

Spyder Garage

Congrats!
    '20 RT Chalk Metallic

Spyder Garage

Congrates,
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Default First bath (ever I believe)

Took an extended lunch and gave my new (to me) 2021 RT Limited a good hand was. I actually wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't the first time ever for it having a wash (only had 469 miles when I went to see it the first time). I was not a fan of the color at first, but I think it will grow on me. Especially since the blank sheet gives me unlimited choices for pin strip, wraps, or whatever else i want to do. I don't normally give my bikes a name, but I think i will call this one Ivory, and the Black F3 Limited will be Ebony. Going to check on getting the extended warranty later this week, or next. I already can tell that the saddle bag latch might be an issue (both of my riding buddies had to have theirs replaced on their 2020 RT limiteds).
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Congrats... Names remind me of....... LOL
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZtiJN6yiik
    RiderDuke

My Ride
    2021 Glacial Blue Metallic F3-T

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RiderDuke View Post
    Congrats... Names remind me of....... LOL
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZtiJN6yiik
    Lol! Yep. I used to use that name when I was active in the mustang club. I had a black 02 lightning (still own it), and a white 03 terminator. I wish I had kept them both.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    I have been in the spyder game for about 8 years now. Started off with a 2014 RT after having an accident on my 2 wheeler. I loved the bike, but since I ride 95% of the time solo, I always wanted a way to take the top trunk off. I picked up a 2012 RSS on a whim because I wanted something a little sportier to ride, and it seemed to fit the bill. I only kept it for about 6 months. I loved it, but the heat was a bit much. I decided to sell my 2014 RT and traded my 2012 RSS for a 2016 F3T. That seemed to have the best of both worlds. I logged in almost 28k miles on that bike, but eventually came across a deal on a 2016 F3 Limited Special edition. This is my current bike, and I love it. Since my 7 months of ownership, I have logged in over 6k miles. The 2020 and up RT has really interested me because it appears to give me back the storage space that the F3 series lack, and I can still remove the top case for the more sporty look. I got a chance to test ride one for about 30 miles and it felt silky smooth, but didn't seem to have the power of my F3T or the current F3 Limited. It ran good up top, but the initial starting thrust was lacking. I might have an opportunity to pick up a 2021 RT Limited with about 500 miles at a great price. I am just wondering if I will regret making the change. I know no one can answer the question but me, but I am wondering if anyone has made the move to the newer RT series, from any of the F3 platforms, and what are your experiences?
    Here is a picture portfolio of my spyder history, and the 2021 that I might aquire.
    This is Ragbag, different owners.
    I had a 2013 RT limited, the quality was much better and very, very reliable.
    I changed to a newer model only because my Wife wanted us to have matching bikes, the 2021's are not even close to the 2013 quality.
    Sorry BRP but this is a real customer's opinion.
    The two bikes have been in for warranty repairs 13 times total in the first 2 years, now I have to pay for repairs.
    I still have problems with the bike.
    I am disappointed in my decision.
    Two 2021 Spyders - 2021 RT Limited.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-13-2023 at 08:35 PM.
    2014 RT Limited , Wide Brake Pedal Lava Brown