Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 190243 View Post
    I installed lamonster kit still have the shakes on the left
    Do you still have Kenda front tires? Could be very possible that your left front is either out of round or beginning to cup. The mirror fix will not correct a bad tire. Only a possibility! ....Bill
    2020 RTL Chrome, Marsala Red "Non-Directional Tires, Centramatic Balancers"
    Front- Kumho KH-16 175/55r15 @17psi, Rear-General Altimax RT-45 215/60r15 @20psi
    BaJa Ron Ultra 3 pcs sway bar kit
    7jurock 25" tinted windscreen w/flip
    Frogman Dave's "Signal Button"
    If in Doubt, Don't Do It!
    " Pros: Excellent Bug Killer, Cons: Pizz Poor Pothole Dodger"

Spyder Garage

I don’t remember seeing any other reports of Lamont’s kit not working 190243 (does that mean you were born on the 43rd day of 1902? ... great to see you still riding )….. of course that doesn’t mean there haven’t been any …… but I wonder if there is another underlying issue that is causing your shakes?

Pete
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 10-23-2022 at 07:26 PM. Reason: ' 's x 2+ ;-)
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    I don’t remember seeing any other reports of Lamont’s kit not working 190243 (does that mean you were born on the 43rd day of 1902? ... great to see you still riding )….. of course that doesn’t mean there haven’t been any …… but I wonder if there is another underlying issue that is causing your shakes?

Pete
    I'm spitballing here so I could be WAY off base:
    You're saying only the left mirror is shaking. I'm thinking if there were tire or suspension issues, both mirrors would still shake.

Lamonster's kit mounts the mirrors solidly to the mirror mount.
    The mirror mount is in turn, mounted to the frame.
    I can think of two potential issues.
    1) Perhaps the Lamonster kit isn't installed properly. If the bolts aren't tightened down completely, the mirrors could shake.
    2) The mirror mount itself may be loose, in which case the mirror will shake regardless of how snug the Lamonster bolts are tightened.

Just my opinion, I could be wrong.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Well, well, well……Shiver me Timbers and call me Long John Silver.

Half way through my ride today I noticed my left mirror shaking on my late built ‘21 RT. The right mirror was fine. When I returned home, I installed Lamont’s mirror fix bolts. The left mirror is now rock solid. I do not have a clue what the catalyst was for the shake, as it had been pretty good until today. I will do the right side in the next couple of days.

I certainly have the BRP mod installed on my late ‘21 (note the round head shape on the fasteners in the photo below), but it appears it has some “limitations” somewhere in its design. All stock fastenings were tight on removal. I can also confirm that Lamont’s fix, while removing the easy lift out function of the mirror assembly, (there are 3 nuts to remove now…..easy peasy), immediately addresses the issue. The longest part of the process was watching Lamont’s excellent video…..although those countries with indicators in the mirror housing will have to remove the indicator housing via 3 screws and a cable disconnect.

D13F3D24-71EC-48CC-A22D-B45A71030758.jpg

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

My left hand mirror on my 2021 RTL has started to shake.

Lamont’s fix on the way
    2021 Spyder RT Limited (Palm Desert)
    Grey - dark edition

2015 Spyder F3 S (Vancouver)

2017 Yamaha V Star 1300 Tourer

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeWheels View Post
    I'm spitballing here so I could be WAY off base:
    Lamonster's kit mounts the mirrors solidly to the mirror mount.
    The mirror mount is in turn, mounted to the frame.
    I can think of two potential issues.
    1) Perhaps the Lamonster kit isn't installed properly. If the bolts aren't tightened down completely, the mirrors could shake.
    2) The mirror mount itself may be loose, in which case the mirror will shake regardless of how snug the Lamonster bolts are tightened.

Just my opinion, I could be wrong.
    Having just installed Lamont’s fix, I think you are right on point, ThreeWheels. The base plate is bolted firmly to the frame…..the mirror assembly is bolted firmly to the plate. There is no movement whatsoever between them, unlike the stock “lift out” fitting. If you tap on the assembly there is no movement. If the mirror is still vibrating after the fix, either the Spyder frame is broken , the unit install has not been completed properly, or there is looseness in the mirror front itself.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PeterKelly View Post
    My left hand mirror on my 2021 RTL has started to shake.

Lamont’s fix on the way
    It’s interesting that only the left mirrors seem to be shaking on the newer models, Peter

The right assembly and mounting is exactly the same…….or maybe I have just missed reports on the right mirror

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    It’s interesting that only the left mirrors seem to be shaking on the newer models, Peter

The right assembly and mounting is exactly the same…….or maybe I have just missed reports on the right mirror

Pete
    On my 2022 it was the right mirror that was shaking. Of course I had removed it a couple of times prior. My left mirror was always rock solid. I have 3,500 miles on mine now so that may have changed with more miles. I will never know though since I have the LaMonster kit installed.

I think @190243 has the kit installed incorrectly or more likely the mirror base did not get installed back onto the Spyder correctly just as others have suggested. If done correctly there is no way the mirror can shake unless there is some other mechanical problem as @Knizar and you have suggested.
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    There's no place like G28 X0 Y0 Z0

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FrogmanDave View Post
    On my 2022 it was the right mirror that was shaking. Of course I had removed it a couple of times prior. My left mirror was always rock solid. I have 3,500 miles on mine now so that may have changed with more miles. I will never know though since I have the LaMonster kit installed.
    Shhhhhhhh, Dave. I hope you’re happy. You have just ruined my brilliant research and conclusion about left mirrors only

That’s good to hear, though. I could not for the life of me see ANY difference between left and right mounts. So it appears the general BRP fix is flawed in some way Looks like continued sales on some newer models for Lamont.

So, CaptCharles, it appears the answer to your initial question is “yes, it happens on some ‘22 models”.
    But help is at hand if it does.

‘Pete
    Last edited by Peteoz; 11-11-2022 at 03:00 PM.
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Our 22 with 7,000 miles has not had any issues with the mirrors. I did add the big (bug) eye mirrors from Lamonster and rarely even look at the stock mirrors. Highly recommend those mirrors for much greater visibility behind.

2022 RTL HyperSilver
    2018 Honda Goldwing Tour White
    2022 RTL , Hyper Silver