Spyder Garage

Default Top Case - Always on or can be removed on 2021 F3 Ltd?

Trying to find out if the top case is removable and how to tidy up the area if it is removed. Storage is great but not always needed. Does it come with a cover/adapter for that area or can one be purchased? Thanks in advance!
    2020 Limited , Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

Found this hopefully helpful. https://youtu.be/1l8XhPdkGRo

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IndyDave View Post
    Trying to find out if the top case is removable and how to tidy up the area if it is removed. Storage is great but not always needed. Does it come with a cover/adapter for that area or can one be purchased? Thanks in advance!
    It can be removed but the F3 Limited doesn't have a "beauty cover" to go in the space where it was.. so you will have exposed brackets and cabling for the case exposed. There is a cover plate that fills this space on the F3 Touring - I believe you have to also remove the LINQ adapter that the case connects to before that cover plate can be installed though.

So "Yes" you can remove it and it removes very simply.. but the result will be cosmetically not great unless you buy some other pieces.
    2021 Spyder F3-T - Pearl White
    2021 F3-T , Pearl White

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MrSchaefer View Post
    It can be removed but the F3 Limited doesn't have a "beauty cover" to go in the space where it was.. so you will have exposed brackets and cabling for the case exposed. There is a cover plate that fills this space on the F3 Touring - I believe you have to also remove the LINQ adapter that the case connects to before that cover plate can be installed though.

So "Yes" you can remove it and it removes very simply.. but the result will be cosmetically not great unless you buy some other pieces.
    Well, that is disappointing. I have a friend with a 2020 RT, and his is very simple to swap the trunk on and off. I would have thought they would make them the same way if they used the linq system.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    Well, that is disappointing. I have a friend with a 2020 RT, and his is very simple to swap the trunk on and off. I would have thought they would make them the same way if they used the linq system.
    Agreed. With the F3 BRP seems to be actively trying to discourage people from trying to bridge across models. I looked into putting a Ltd LINQ top case on my F3T and the parts kit to even accomplish that was discontinued on the 2019+ F3's. There are other silly things like the difference in design on the F3S and the F3T/Ltd that prevents swapping windshields between them.
    2021 F3-T , Pearl White

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MrSchaefer View Post
    Agreed. With the F3 BRP seems to be actively trying to discourage people from trying to bridge across models. I looked into putting a Ltd LINQ top case on my F3T and the parts kit to even accomplish that was discontinued on the 2019+ F3's. There are other silly things like the difference in design on the F3S and the F3T/Ltd that prevents swapping windshields between them.
    I am thinking that you would be able to get an earlier top case (say 2017) to work on your 2021 F3T. Unfortunately it would not have the quick linq system. I added a luggage rack to my 2016 f3 limited and use a 54L givi box on mine. I am able to use it on my spyder and my BMW touring bike. It doesn't look the same, but I only use it for long trips anyway.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Thank you. I've seen in literature that there is a piece, but no limited owner seems to have one...
    2020 Limited , Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    I am thinking that you would be able to get an earlier top case (say 2017) to work on your 2021 F3T. Unfortunately it would not have the quick linq system. I added a luggage rack to my 2016 f3 limited and use a 54L givi box on mine. I am able to use it on my spyder and my BMW touring bike. It doesn't look the same, but I only use it for long trips anyway.
    From what I have been told the 2018+ F3's are incompatible with the earlier topcases. I am not sure why but that was what my dealership told me (because the pre-2018 topcases are pretty easy to get)
    2021 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

My 2016 F3L didn't come with the topbox/topcase as standard so I had it fitted as an extra. As a result I still have that cover tucked away in case I ever restore it to original. Possibly someone a bit more local to you has one buried in their shed.
    Andrew
    Melbourne Australia
    2016 F3L Spyder

Now, wash your hands

Spyder Garage

I was going to buy the S and then I was gonna buy the tea but last minute I decided to buy the limited and yes, the top case is not very sporty actually cumbersome looking and makes the bike look real huge, but not once have I ever said to myself boy I wish I didn’t have all the storage and it’s a great place to stash your helmet when you’re making a quick stop at the store, so just put up with it run with it and be glad you have extra storage
    SNOWMOBILING ON PAVEMENT!!!

Spyder Garage

I disagree that the topcase can be "easily" removed. Yes, it has the quick unlock like the RT, however, there is the cable for the radio antenna and a very large chassis ground cable that have to be disconnected before you could completely remove the case. The RT has a disconnect plug that covers all related wiring. The radio antenna cable does have a disconnect, but it's not easy to accomplish, and the ground strap must be unbolted from the frame.
    2020 RT Limited Deep Marsala Chrome

2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red