Spyder Garage

Default How do you adjust lumbar support on a Utopia Backrest?

How do you adjust lumbar on the backrest? Mine seems to have no lumbar support the bottom edge of the backrest barely touches my back.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 10-08-2022 at 06:41 AM. Reason: Expanded Title to briefly ask the question ;-)

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rgus View Post
    How do you adjust lumbar on the backrest? Mine seems to have no lumbar support the bottom edge of the backrest barely touches my back.
    Well it is possible to make it adjustable via a bolt , but that would be work .... However I did it the easty way ..... The backrest tilts in two places .... to change the RAKE of the actual back rest just put a piece of anything ( you decide how thick ) on the up-right where the bottom of the PAD touches it...... you can't make Negative lumbar but you can make Positive lumbar support. It depends on how thick the piece you tape to the upright is ..... I did it this way because you can't see it after you put it on .... good luck .... Mike

Spyder Garage

I ziptied a rubber doorstop, or also called a door wedge, to the main bar behind the pad. Gives just the right amount of “tilt” into my back from the straight up and down original position.
    B7DC27BA-A63B-4435-BB01-B81FBDF3AC3B.jpg E2A9BE7F-2D0C-4E3B-AC7A-5156CB40B7C3.jpg
    2021 RT Ltd, Marsala Red/Black, Dark
    New course heading Mr Sulu: 2nd star to the right and straight on til morning...