Spyder Garage

Question Where to align lift on a 2022 RTL?

Using Harbor Freight lift. Used to align on my pegs on my old 2012 RT. Now with the new bike it has large floorboards. Hard for me to get down and sight it up,

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Indiana Ken View Post
    Using Harbor Freight lift. Used to align on my pegs on my old 2012 RT. Now with the new bike it has large floorboards. Hard for me to get down and sight it up,
    I recently helped a friend install 3 gremlin bells on his 2022 and my HF lift did fit just fine. Get a piece of carpet and lay down to properly place the jack. Of course, jack stands are a must.

Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Lew, thanks for your response, but you missed my message about very difficult to lay down and get up from the floor.
    You indicated you have done this on a 2022, I guess you don't remember where the handle of the jack was against the floorboard - front end, middle, rear?

Spyder Garage

You don't have an unused side or towing mirror do you??

Something a bit larger than the interior Rear View Mirror in your car that you could tape to a stick or broom handle in such a way that you could use it to look under the Spyder as you guide the HF Lift under the frame should be easier than getting up off the floor - getting down onto the floor shouldn't be impossible, just potentially painful! It's the getting back up again that I have troubles with!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    You don't have an unused side or towing mirror do you??

Something a bit larger than the interior Rear View Mirror in your car that you could tape to a stick or broom handle in such a way that you could use it to look under the Spyder as you guide the HF Lift under the frame should be easier than getting up off the floor - getting down onto the floor shouldn't be impossible, just potentially painful! It's the getting back up again that I have troubles with!
    Clever, Peter, very clever. I’ll do that.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Go to Home Depot and buy a tall narrow mirror like you put on the back of a door or wall, place is sideways on the floor in front of the lift then go
    get on the spyder look forward you will see your entire front end, wheels and all.... all of my front alignment machines have always come with mirrors
    so when in the drivers seat of a car or truck you can see where you are when pulling up on the ramps.
    You may have to adjust the placement of your mirror a little.
    Last edited by Motorcycledave; 10-07-2022 at 03:06 PM.

Spyder Garage

Lew, thanks for your response, but you missed my message about very difficult to lay down and get up from the floor.
    You indicated you have done this on a 2022, I guess you don't remember where the handle of the jack was against the floorboard - front end, middle, rear?
    Ken, I have a ‘21 RT, and have a lift similar to the HF. Unfortunately, there is no alternative than to get down on the floor to line it up the first time, then mark the board where the handle needs to go in future. Yes, the board limits how far under you can get the lift.
    BEWARE - The new RT tends to list when you lift it.(I did not have that same issue with the same lift on my F3-L. This happens with both the HF and bottle type lifts. Make sure you get those jack stands under as quickly as possible.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Default Lift placement

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Ken, I have a ‘21 RT, and have a lift similar to the HF. Unfortunately, there is no alternative than to get down on the floor to line it up the first time, then mark the board where the handle needs to go in future. Yes, the board limits how far under you can get the lift.
    BEWARE - The new RT tends to list when you lift it.(I did not have that same issue with the same lift on my F3-L. This happens with both the HF and bottle type lifts. Make sure you get those jack stands under as quickly as possible.

Pete
    I have used an old Sears lift on both F-3s and RTs with no problems. The center of balance shifts depending on the model and how cargo is loaded. I make a guess initially and pump the hydraulics until the bike starts to come off the floor. If the front wheels lift before the back, drop it down and adjust the jack placement. When all the wheels lift equally, that’s the sweet spot. I put blocks under the wheels one the bike is raised because the lift is just balancing the bike, not holding it securely.