Spyder Garage

Default 2021 RTL - Glove Box Cover Sprung - anyone else? Any fixes?

I went to get my phone out of my glove box on my 2021 RTL Sunday and when I popped it open it only opened maybe 1/8 of the way. It didn't open near as far as it usually does after releasing the latch. I was in a hurry and wasn't paying attention too much and just pulled it up thinking I didn't release it correctly or something. It had a little resistance and opened up but now whatever mechanism that used to pop it open is not working right. It pops up about 1/8 of the way, then if you pull up, resistance and then it seems to help you open it up the rest of the way.

I looked in the RT Repair and Maintenance Manual and have not found anything regarding what pops up the lid and what might have gotten misaligned. And yes, I know this is probably warranty work but my dealer lost their Spyder tech and didn't have a good idea when they would have a replacement. If it is just a simple adjustment I would like to take care of it myself.

Anyone else had this happen and fixed it?
    2021 Spyder RT-L Deep Marsalsa Metalic

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DanDanTMM View Post
    I went to get my phone out of my glove box on my 2021 RTL Sunday and when I popped it open it only opened maybe 1/8 of the way. It didn't open near as far as it usually does after releasing the latch. I was in a hurry and wasn't paying attention too much and just pulled it up thinking I didn't release it correctly or something. It had a little resistance and opened up but now whatever mechanism that used to pop it open is not working right. It pops up about 1/8 of the way, then if you pull up, resistance and then it seems to help you open it up the rest of the way.

I looked in the RT Repair and Maintenance Manual and have not found anything regarding what pops up the lid and what might have gotten misaligned. And yes, I know this is probably warranty work but my dealer lost their Spyder tech and didn't have a good idea when they would have a replacement. If it is just a simple adjustment I would like to take care of it myself.

Anyone else had this happen and fixed it?
    Go to a Parts site and find your model and look at the Fiche' for the Glove Box ..... it will show all the parts connected to it ..... good luck .... Mike