Spyder Garage

Default Will Delayed 2022 Orders Come As 2023?

I have been waiting on my F3L since I placed the order in February. Now that we are in October I wonder if my bike will be tagged as a 2023. Has anyone seen or heard anything about this situation?

Thanks
    Darkside

Spyder Garage

From what I have read the 2022's are arriving with missing parts that the dealer will install. So their build date is 2022, regardless of when they arrive.
    Current: 2022 RTL SE6 Red Marsala and 2012 622 Trailer Lava Bronze,
    Previous: 2014 RTL SE6 Black Currant - 58,746 miles,
    2012 RTL SE5 Lava Bronze - 19,675 miles

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LongIsland View Post
    From what I have read the 2022's are arriving with missing parts that the dealer will install. So their build date is 2022, regardless of when they arrive.
    ..... Build date determines what model date the Spyder is. ..... However I wouldn't be too surprised if a STEALER thought otherwise ...... Mike

Spyder Garage

There have been rumors that if Can-Am can't meet the full 2022 orders they accepted, they'll roll forward and ship you a 2023. I believe I also heard they'd give a discount to anyone who has their order rolled-over (but the discount is really just the difference between the 2022 and 2023 price increase). I'm not sure when the factory shifts over to snow sleds.
    '22 Spyder RT in Hyper Silver
    2022 RT , Hyper Silver

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Put a deposit down on a '23. Very curious to see what happens. Still have our trade so not really worried.

Spyder Garage

Darkside, What information were you able to obtain from your dealer? They will learn when the bike has a VIN number and when it’s scheduled for delivery to them. I ordered my 22 RTL January 27, 2022 and took delivery of it September 24th. When it arrived it was missing two parts and they came in one week later. BRP has stopped production on the 2022 models and is now building snowmobile vehicles. The Spyders for the 2023 model year won’t go into production until March/April. When your F3 arrives this year it will be a 2022 model year. They won’t be titling it as a 2023 model year.
    2021 Spyder RT Limited Asphalt Gray Chrome Edition
    2022 Spyder RT Limited Hyper Silver Chrome Edition
    Spyderco Paramilitary 2
    Vanquest Gen 2 7x10 First Aid Trauma Pack
    Garage Door Opener
    iPass
    DJI Action 2
    Tackform Anti-Vibe Phone Cradle
    UltraGard Full Covers
    Show Chrome rear trunk lid lift strut
    Noco Genius 1
    Noco GBX Booster X
    Show Chrome Platinum Grande Adjustable Padded Driver Backrest with Storage Pouch
    Baseus Cordless Inflator

Spyder Garage

Part shortages have caused so much havoc and production it’s not even funny I know of people ordering Sea-Doo watercrafts last fall put their money down and they still don’t have them they are at the dealers in crates with parts missing!snowmobile‘s same problem snowmobiles are delivered in April after winter WTF! Brp are building 2023 snowmobile’s and again sitting in crates waiting on parts! And my local dealer has rikers and Spyders again in the show room with parts missing now becoming carryover models!!!
    SNOWMOBILING ON PAVEMENT!!!

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

They really need to just stop taking orders until they can get their house back in order.

Sometimes you just have to say "STOP" and take a breather and collect yourselves when things get overwhelming.

BRP is really in need of this right now. They just really need to stop new sales for a year and get themselves back together.

Especially if they are going to be producing electric vehicles within the next couple of years as you are just throwing more at the factories to fall behind on.

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

I put a deposit on a 23 RT and the expected delivery is between February and April 2023. I won't hold my breath on it though because of the supply chain issues. I plan to trade my 2016 F3 LTD or maybe sell it. The real issue here is, my front sprocket failed because of a loud rattle sort of noise every time I decelerated. It turns out the sprocket was worn and a case was made for the recall. at present my F3 is tied up at the dealer because of the bad sprocket which wouldn't be safe to drive. A new drive belt was ordered as well and no ETA on when I will receive the new sprocket. At present I'm out of a Spyder to ride. I like the fall riding so this kind of sucks for me.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Woodenfish View Post
    Darkside, What information were you able to obtain from your dealer? They will learn when the bike has a VIN number and when it’s scheduled for delivery to them. I ordered my 22 RTL January 27, 2022 and took delivery of it September 24th. When it arrived it was missing two parts and they came in one week later. BRP has stopped production on the 2022 models and is now building snowmobile vehicles. The Spyders for the 2023 model year won’t go into production until March/April. When your F3 arrives this year it will be a 2022 model year. They won’t be titling it as a 2023 model year.
    They have not been able to give me any information. The last communication I had with them landed me nothing. They said that the BRP site was still down but they did not have a VIN or an estimated build/arrival date.
    2022 F3L (If it will ever come in)