Spyder Garage

Default Will it hurt to ride with Code P0130 Oxygen Sensor active?

Ive got a 2019 F3L with about 5k miles on it. Yesterday I washed it then took it to town and filled up with gas. Soon after the fill up (a couple of miles) the engine light came on. The code was P0130 (O2 sensor). Im scheduled to go on about a 300 mile ride tomorrow and cannt get the part before I go. Would it do any harm to bike if I ride it before replacing the sensor? It isnt running rough and everything seems to be ok other than the engine light is on. Ive check the sensor and connection it appears to be ok. Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 10-01-2022 at 08:48 AM. Reason: Expanded Title to briefly ask the question ;-)
    2019 F3 Limited
    spyderpops brake strobe, spyderpops spyclops, lamonster fog lights and ring combo, lamonster H4 led head lights, Gustafsson 16" tinted wind screen
    2019 F3 Ltd , Blue

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rab1951 View Post
    Ive got a 2019 F3L with about 5k miles on it. Yesterday I washed it then took it to town and filled up with gas. Soon after the fill up (a couple of miles) the engine light came on. The code was P0130 (O2 sensor). Im scheduled to go on about a 300 mile ride tomorrow and cannt get the part before I go. Would it do any harm to bike if I ride it before replacing the sensor? It isnt running rough and everything seems to be ok other than the engine light is on. Ive check the sensor and connection it appears to be ok. Thanks for the help.
    IMHO, the only thing that should be affected is the emissions...... if it sounds and feels like normal then don't worry and have a good day ..... weather permitting .... Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

P0130 includes canister purge issues, which are more likely than HEGO problems since the code occurred after fill-up. If you don't smell gasoline, there shouldn't be any problems with your ride. Most likely the code will disappear after a 100 miles or so. And if it is the HEGO then you'll be riding open-loop which will reduce gas mileage somewhat. Concur with Mike.
    2014 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE6 Freeway Commuter Pod
    2016 Royal Enfield Classic 500 Fair-Weather Mountain Bike

Spyder Garage

I agree with above replys.
    New to Sue and I
    2021, LTD, Asphalt Gray, 22,000 miles
    Gone but not forgotten
    RTS 2011 SM5, 95,000 miles

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the replies. I'll ride tomorrow and see how it goes.
    2019 F3 Limited
    spyderpops brake strobe, spyderpops spyclops, lamonster fog lights and ring combo, lamonster H4 led head lights, Gustafsson 16" tinted wind screen
    2019 F3 Ltd , Blue

Spyder Garage

The ride was great. Had great weather and no issues. As said above the engine light went out after awhile. Thanks again for the help.
    2019 F3 Limited
    2019 F3 Ltd , Blue