Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Deanna777 View Post
    Temps today here in Vt. were in the 70s'.

Deanna
    .... and I went for a short 70 mile ride today.... the weather predictions for October ( given in Sept. ) were not on the mark at all ...... hope it stays this way for a bit longer .... Last year I put the Spyder in November 18 th, I don't think this year will go that far ..... good luck ... Mike

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Wednesday 10/26/22

...Well folks this week went by so fast and today was a blurry deal. I had to get some paperwork done on my mom. Anyway I am just overwhelmed. Thankfully I had a great legal adviser involved.

Today was cold at 54°F for the high. Low of 39°F.
    Yesterday we received about a half inch of rain.

Stay Healthy. ....
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Today 10/26 was even WARMER than yesterday ..... 78° F on the RT dashboard, I know it reads a little high. But 76° is nothing to scoff at..... It's still 64° (@ 9 PM), I just may take a short Night jaunt ...... Mike
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 10-26-2022 at 09:02 PM. Reason: °, on - is, the - at ;-)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Today 10/26 was even WARMER than yesterday ..... 78° F on the RT dashboard, I know it reads a little high. But 76° is nothing to scoff at..... It's still 64° (@ 9 PM), I just may take a short Night jaunt ...... Mike
    Little bit off the usual temps for your part of the World at this time of the year, isn't it?!?

Mind you, talking about 'a little bit off the usual' in temps & weather.... here in South Oz we're heading into the last third of Spring, there's only 4 weeks plus a few days until Summer is officially here, so we'd normally be seeing o/night LOWS of 20-ish° C (about 70° F) and daily HIGHS pushing the high 20's - low 30's (80 - 90-ish° F) or maybe higher; but our o/night LOWS are rarely/barely making 10° C (50° F) & I don't think we've had a daily HIGH much over 25° C (approx 77° F) for a bit of a while now!! And it's STILL bloody raining... HARD! And it's doing that all the way across the country from where we are in the eastern/middle of the Southern edge, right on & over the Eastern Coast/edge of the Continent!!

Normally, at this time of the year we'd be getting the odd sprinkle of rain & an occasional day of steady soaking rain, but for a while now it's been heavy rain, just about every day; the ground is sooo waterlogged it's not funny! Farmers here can't get the necessary machinery out into their paddocks, most don't even try cos it's clearly gonna bog, but for those who take a chance & risk it, invariably it ends up stuck & gonna stay exactly where it got stuck too, sunk at least a couple of feet into the ground; so it'll stay there until the ground dries out enough to recover it! But further East from here, a lot of their machinery is feet under water! There's a lot of flooding over that way, and the high river levels haven't really made it this far.... yet!

Just about all the road surfaces around here are lifting, either in patches or in whole sheets - it's not pot-holes you've gotta watch out for, it's bleedin' vehicle swallowing sink holes!! Road & rail cuttings & batters are slipping & giving way under any load, so there's crews out madly working on them all the time! And just to add to all that, anywhere the ground lost cover cos it got burnt in the last few baaadd bushfire summers, the top-soil & then some is now well on its way out into the Tasman Sea, the Coral Sea, & the Southern, or Pacific Oceans!!

And on the Spyder Ryding front, there's been the odd warmish/dryish day or two, so while I have been able to do some riding (I did get in a day or two of wet weather tire testing on some pre-release tires too! ) there's been quite a few weeks this year where I haven't even managed to rack up 1000 km (620-ish miles)!! And while I normally wouldn't think twice about riding in light/medium rain... I'm slowly training up my new Assistance Dog, Buster, and since he loves riding with me in good weather, I really don't want to turn him off riding altogether by repeatedly taking him out & getting him soaked in this bloody rain!! He's about the same size & weight as my last Assistance Dog, Max the Maltese (who passed a couple of years back at 18 years old! ) but Buster's juuust a touch taller & lankier than Max was, and he likes to 'stretch out' where Max liked to 'curl up', so while Buster is OK in the larger tank bag in the dry, where he can sit up & survey his adoring public as we pass, he doesn't really fit down into any of my current tank bags to get any protection from bad weather; nor is the small 'pillion seat mounted, enclosed Pet Palace' that I have suitable for him to stretch out in.... so wet weather riding isn't all that viable atm!

Ahh well, at least I'm still getting up in the mornings & finding plenty of things that I can do; and right now, I'm even well enough to do them too!! So apart from the weather, Life is really pretty good! But it certainly is juuust 'a little bit off the usual weather' atm, isn't it?!?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 10-26-2022 at 10:04 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Pretty sure today will be another low to mid 80s sunny day. Already been outside watering the lawn, plan to get in a fun off road bicycle ride, then spend a few hours playing with the jet, and maybe a late afternoon time at the beach treasure hunting.

Fingers crossed that the current tropical wave does not spool up to a hurricane and come our way. The folks up North can have whatever it brings.
    Last edited by PMK; 10-27-2022 at 06:09 AM.

Spyder Garage

Default Thursday 10/27/22

..Man oh Man, Peter Aawen that's awesome stuff.
    Seems like all the rain has been going down under, so to speak. Here in Indiana we have been very disappointed with the rain. Since August till today I have been short on rain, only about a half inch of rain. The yard has cracked areas that are over an inch wide. You can stick your thumb into them.

... The wife loves the story of your dogs.
    She is a real dog lover too. We have enjoyed dogs for years and now we decided to not have any more. It is really hard to lose a good friend.

Today only 55°F with some clouds, low of 36°F
    Currently sunshine and a cold start at 34°F.
    No rain in the forecast for today.

Stay Healthy. ....

Spyder Garage

It's currently 76 degrees here in the desert S.W. High today is expected to be 78. Humidity is at 17% and there is a 5 MPH breeze. Low overnight will be 43. There are no clouds. Just about perfect weather! I have both the front and back doors open so the gentle air can drift through the house. As a bonus, there are ribs on the BBQ on a slow cook. The delightful BBQ odor coming through the house is tempting me to speed up the cooking! It's been more than a week now since I needed to cool the house down with air conditioning. And as long as we're getting close to 80 in the daytime, there is no need for the furnace. So, that monster in the utility room is getting its well-deserved semi-annual rest for a week or two. Temperature is very comfortable all day and all night. Stay safe..... Jim
    Last edited by canamjhb; 10-27-2022 at 05:08 PM.
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Today temps in Vt. were in the 50's, and cloudy.

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

Default Friday 10/28/22

....Well another month is about over, only 3 days left.
    The wind and the rain have been busy bringing down the leaves. I cleaned up the yard every day and now I can't tell that I did anything. Oh man, you just got to love it.
    Currently clear skies and 36°F.

Going to another good day with sunshine, high of 63°F. Low 35°F and no rain in Indiana.

Stay Healthy. ....

Spyder Garage

Default Weekend Weather

...I am going to enjoy the sunshine and 60s temperatures for Indiana. I like to enjoy time with my family and friends. Currently 56°F with blue sky. I will give the yard a once over with the leaves. Still have a lot of leaves on several of the large trees.

Today's high will be 68°F with sunshine. Low of 45°F.
    No rain in the forecast for today.

Sunday's high 61°F with some rain showers coming. Low of 54°F and maybe a little rain shower.

Stay Healthy. ....

Spyder Garage

Very nice day here, did not check exact temp, but likely in the low 80s. Spent the afternoon at the beach.

Spyder Garage

Default Monday 10/31/22

...Last day of October 2022, rain showers and currently 56°F. Yes, I have a ton of leaves on the ground. Off and on all day rain today.

High of 61°F with some rain. Low of 48°F.

Stay Healthy. ....