Thread: New one on me!

Spyder Garage

Default New one on me!

While running the latest version of BUDS2, (BRP BUDS2 21.1.0 (8CC6 UPDATE) I came across this while running the Clutch Line Pressure Error test. There were no Active faults present and I was just playing around with the tests. The bike, a 2021 F3L is running great. Can't find any reference to this in the shop manual or within BUDS. Any ideas? There were no suggestions about what to do about it, but the results do repeat.

clutch error.jpg
    2020 RT Limited Deep Marsala Chrome

2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Just some thoughts on research I've done on the HCM.

The externally mounted oil pressure sensor on my RT-S SE6 is a standard 5V gauge pressure transducer. That means 0 psi is 0.5V and maximum psi is 4.5V. Since line pressure varies between 87 and 174 psi you should be able to determine if the maximum is 200 or 300 psi.

I assume you're reading about the HCM Oil Circuit in the service manual. My only suggestion is oil weight and type is affecting readings at idle and shouldn't be an issue on the road.
    2014 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE6 Freeway Commuter Pod
    2016 Royal Enfield Classic 500 Fair-Weather Mountain Bike

Spyder Garage

Thanks for your response. You are right about the pressures in the circuit. Since there were no faults or abnormalities with this bike, I'm starting to think that this could be a glitch within this new version of BUDS2. This didn't happen with the previous version. My interpretation of that message is that the test failed to run, not that the test detected a failure.
    2020 RT Limited Deep Marsala Chrome

2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red