Spyder Garage

Default Do 2022 RT's have weaker horns than older models?

Are the horns on the 2022 models weaker than older models ? My 2012 was VERY loud and my 2022 seems very weak compared to it.
    2022 Spyder RTL

Spyder Garage

Don’t worry - replace it! All years and models are pitiful. Lots of options: pick one!
    If you are handy, any junkyard has plenty of cars; car horns fit, with a little work. Plug right in. Make a bracket, hang it, wire it, blast away!
    Spyderpops, Lamonsters garage, etc have plug and play horns.
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rick28 View Post
    Are the horns on the 2022 models weaker than older models ? My 2012 was VERY loud and my 2022 seems very weak compared to it.
    To me loudness of the horn depends on the situation.

Your on the interstate in the passing lane and beside you is a line of tractor-trailers. Suddenly,
    one is trying to pass another and does not know you're there. How loud does your horn need to
    be now for him to hear it over the other noise before he pushes you off the road.

The week little pipsqueak horn that comes on can am Spyder will not be heard over all the other noise.
    And because of this it puts you in a very dangerous situation for you to get out of its way.

You have many options on this site from other who have changed their stock horns to something else.

I personally have put three on mine and may be a little overkill but when a tractor-trailer tries to come
    into my lane and I hit the horn he jumps back into his and that's exactly what I wanted.

Nexus