Spyder Garage

Default Anyone installed a Moto Horn on RTS? Where, & how?

Have a 2019 RTS and wondering if anyone installed the Moto Horn and if so where and how?

Thanks, Radar
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-29-2022 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Removed Prefix - not engine/size related; & expanded title to briefly ask the question. ;-)
    We have visited all lower 48 stares over the last 5 years

Radar

Spyder Garage

Not on RTS, specifically, but I've installed on numerous F3's and RTL's from 2018-2022. You'll need to unplug the two wires going to your original horn. You should be able to reach them through the right wheel A-arms. There's no reason to remove the original horn, and many reasons to leave it in place. You'll run new 18Gauge wires from these connectors to the point where you install the new relay. Then you need to run new 12 Gauge wires from your battery to both the relay and the compressor. The wire diagram included with your Motohorn shows the connections. There will also be a new 12Gauge wire run from the relay to the compressor. The kit that comes with the Motohorn is not nearly long enough; either wires or air hose. I've found a bracket on most RT's that works very well to mount the relay, and another for the compressor. I've mounted the trumpet under the left side saddlebag. You'll need some spacers, (about 3/4" long) to adjust the angle of the trumpet. You'll need about 4 feet of air hose to route the components as I have. Here's photos of the relay, compressor, and holding the trumpet on a 2018 RTL. These photos show a work in progress, not my final quality of workmanship on wiring and installation!!

Compressor.jpg Relay.jpg Trumpet.jpg
    Last edited by Jetfixer; 09-30-2022 at 05:52 PM.
    2020 RT Limited Deep Marsala Chrome

2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by radar1939 View Post
    Have a 2019 RTS and wondering if anyone installed the Moto Horn and if so where and how?

Thanks, Radar

Yes it can be done. I put it on my 2020 RT but trying to hide this Moto Horn under
    this plastic toy was challenging. I did not want it to be visible. I also have 2 150db
    12 v Waterproof Train Horns under the plastic.

Had to custom make two brackets to go around the frame to put it in a position to be
    able to put the plastic covers back on.

All three horns are hooked to a custom accessory panel and to the factory horn button.
    If you don't have an auxiliary panel outside of factory wiring you must hook it directly to
    the battery because the amperage draw is quite a lot.

I tested it the first time all three horns with the wife and after she recovered she said
    what the hell is wrong with you? I said, I am just horny .

20221001_071225.jpg

20220819_105247.jpg

20220819_102950.jpg

20220819_103007.jpg

20221001_071115.jpg
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 10-03-2022 at 05:19 PM. Reason: Fixed attach display

Spyder Garage

Thanks for all the info and pictures
    We have visited all lower 48 stares over the last 5 years

Radar