Spyder Garage

Default Has anyone installed the aluminum belt guard? Any Vids or pics of the install?

I recently purchase the aluminum belt guard from http://www.spyderrt.info and the installation instructions are not as visual as I would like, so if anyone has a video or some pictures it would be greatly appreciated. My ride is a 2015 RT. Thanks.

Spyder Garage

I built my own aluminum belt guard as a modified copy of SpyderPops guard.
    The SpyderPops guard was too short for my large sprocket.
    I installed my guard with industrial double sided tape.
    Positioned the guard after reading SpyderPops instructions.
    David C
    2016 F3T
    DIY Garage Door Opener & GPS Mount
    Battery tender cable
    Rear IPS Pack Rack

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I installed one on my 14 RT. Much easier than I first thought. Raise the rear of the spyder to give yourself a little working room. "C" clamp the guard in place with a couple of clamps and then use the accompanying self tapping screws to attach the guard. Make sure you have the guard adjusted correctly before beginning the drilling. I found that there's not much room in there and you'll end up with less than an inch between the guard and the belt on one side and the same on the tire side. But, the effort, the small expense, and the peace of mind are all well worth the installation. Take your time and don't rush it because you don't have a lot of room to work with. Good luck. Oh, one last thing, DON"T over tighten the screws and strip them out or break them off.