Spyder Garage

Default Need help with fault codes - C1290, P0562, U0122, U0259, UE30C, and U3001

Because of some extreme cold weather, my Spyder (2018 RT Limited) has been sitting in our storage shed for about the last week and a half. I was finally able to get the lock thawed out using a propane torch today. The temp climbed all the way up to 23° today. There is still a lot of snow on the ground so taking the bike for a spin was way too risky, but I thought I’d at least fire it up for a bit.

It took me 4-5 tries before the bike started, and when it did it displayed a message on the screen saying Brake Failure. The parking brake disengaged correctly. There were no other messages or errors displayed on the instrument cluster. Everything there looked normal. I used the toggle switch and dug down for the error codes and discovered there were six showing.

UE30C, U3001, C1290, U0122, U0259 and P0562.

I may have wrote that first one down wrong. From searching here on the forum, all of these seem to be related to the battery which might be caused by sitting in the unheated shed for so long. The shed is in a rental facility and does not come with power. The one that has me concerned is the U0122 code. Can that be caused by a weakened from cold battery?
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I think it all comes down to the P0562 = low battery; that set all the other codes off. When you were trying to start the bike it ran the battery real low and set off the codes.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

never, never, never start a spyder just to see if you can do it ..... many, many reasons why this is a Bad thing .... I can't assist with the codes but someone will ....good luck .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CopperSpyder View Post
    I think it all comes down to the P0562 = low battery; that set all the other codes off. When you were trying to start the bike it ran the battery real low and set off the codes.
    I'm hoping for a bit of a thaw here in the next fews days. That should allow me to take her out on the highway and give her a good wake up ride.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired

Spyder Garage

Solar maintainer for battery?

E6CB1553-48EF-450B-A0AD-A66CE71DFFE4.jpg 30BC13A5-5DD4-448C-950A-72E77DDC81BF.jpeg

Some remote jump packs also have charging feature, not just jump starting. Could get battery up to more acceptable range & remedy the codes. Hopefully
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-06-2022 at 09:02 AM. Reason: Fixed attach display

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

As stated, I would resolve the Low System Voltage indicated by P0562, then reassess... I looked up the others and they relate to lost communications for various electronic components. Again, sort out the low voltage issues (Battery or Alternator) and I bet they all clear....

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hypurone View Post
    As stated, I would resolve the Low System Voltage indicated by P0562, then reassess... I looked up the others and they relate to lost communications for various electronic components. Again, sort out the low voltage issues (Battery or Alternator) and I bet they all clear....
    That's my plan as soon as the weather breaks to allow me to hit the road. Still a tad snowy in my neck of the woods.
    Greg Kamer

USAF, 20 years, retired