Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

As I am writing this (November 26, 2022) both the commander and the box are on sale. Now might be the time to buy, but sales often indicated new models coming out for next year (pure speculation on my part).
    Both seem to have similar performance, and there seem to be incidents of both causing faults before the engine is warmed up.
    On Lamonster's site, it says "The PedalBox is weather and water resistant." On Pedal Commander's site, it says "The Pedal Commander is water resistant, but it is not water proof." Neither has an Ingress Protection (IP) rating (that I can find). Therefore, I wouldn't assume that either can be used in conditions where driving rain is pounding down on the control unit. That said, PedalBox says, All of our boards are sealed with an epoxy solution, along with weather proof seals when snapped closed," which gives me a little more confidence in its ability to withstand severe weather conditions.
    For me, it's a toss-up. Do I want more (unrated) rain protection with the box, or included bluetooth connection with the commander? Either would work for me.
    All the best,
    John

2022 RT Limited

• Garmin XT (I would be lost without it)
      Driving Lights (Very bright to improve my sight)
      Floorboard Lights and Turn Signals (I like to be seen)
      Passenger Armrests (So my wife doesn't fall off)
      Trailer Hitch (So we can bring more stuff with us)
      Chrome Wheels (Because the beautiful stock wheels just weren't good enough)
      Front Fender Sequential Reflector Lights (I was wondering what to do with my paycheck)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JCWeatherman View Post
    As I am writing this (November 26, 2022) both the commander and the box are on sale. Now might be the time to buy, but sales often indicated new models coming out for next year (pure speculation on my part).
    Both seem to have similar performance, and there seem to be incidents of both causing faults before the engine is warmed up.
    On Lamonster's site, it says "The PedalBox is weather and water resistant." On Pedal Commander's site, it says "The Pedal Commander is water resistant, but it is not water proof." Neither has an Ingress Protection (IP) rating (that I can find). Therefore, I wouldn't assume that either can be used in conditions where driving rain is pounding down on the control unit. That said, PedalBox says, All of our boards are sealed with an epoxy solution, along with weather proof seals when snapped closed," which gives me a little more confidence in its ability to withstand severe weather conditions.
    For me, it's a toss-up. Do I want more (unrated) rain protection with the box, or included bluetooth connection with the commander? Either would work for me.

You are correct by all the Info I have looked at except for one thing. The Pedal Box does come in a Bluetooth version (Pedal Box +). It just costs more. if it helps, I opted for the Pedal Box from Lamoster with the top cuff mount. It was very easy to install, and works great.
    2022 RT Limited , Petrol Metallic

Spyder Garage

2021 s2s

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

The bluetooth coming standard on the Pedal commander and price was the deciding factor the first time (for the F3 Limited). But this time the base version of the Pedal Box was $10 cheaper than the Pedal commander. I almost went with the pedal commander even with the additional $10 (both had free shipping). But the pedal box had no tax, so that made the difference almost $40. That was enough for me to make a decision. If I find that I like the pedal commander better (and I do love it), I can always switch it out onto my RTL. Either one will be dialed down on the F3L since that is the bike that my wife will ride most of the time. I am actually thinking about adding the cat delete to the RTL (with the baffle in) just to get it closer to sounding like the F3L.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

PB under the seat and set to Sport +1 for daily driving, tried Sport +3 and got tired of hhhaaaannnnnnngggggggiiiiinnnn on allatime. Whoo Hoo!
    Sport +1 is snappy enough. ST2 and stealth PB.jpg
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Default Pedal Commander in the Glove Box

I have a 2022 RTL. I put my Pedal Commander in the dash glove box. The pictures show the insert pulled out. I used a drill bit and a Dremel tool to cut a slot big enough for the Pedal Commander to slip through without the mounting bracket attached. If I want to change settings, which I won't do very often, I can open the glove box or use the app on my phone. BTW, my phone is almost always on my handle bar mount.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    All the best,
    John

2022 RT Limited

• Garmin XT (I would be lost without it)
      Driving Lights (Very bright to improve my sight)
      Floorboard Lights and Turn Signals (I like to be seen)
      Passenger Armrests (So my wife doesn't fall off)
      Trailer Hitch (So we can bring more stuff with us)
      Chrome Wheels (Because the beautiful stock wheels just weren't good enough)
      Front Fender Sequential Reflector Lights (I was wondering what to do with my paycheck)

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JCWeatherman View Post
    I have a 2022 RTL. I put my Pedal Commander in the dash glove box. The pictures show the insert pulled out. I used a drill bit and a Dremel tool to cut a slot big enough for the Pedal Commander to slip through without the mounting bracket attached. If I want to change settings, which I won't do very often, I can open the glove box or use the app on my phone. BTW, my phone is almost always on my handle bar mount.
    That is the method that Martin the Vlogger used. I ran mine the typical way, and used an old phone holder to screw the pedal box mount to. I can move it over to the glove box in the event of rain. I installed it Saturday and have to say, I am impressed.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white