Spyder Garage

Default Replacement tires - what to put on the rear?? Ideas?

Looking to replace my tires for car tires:

Front: KINERGY ST - SIZE: 175/65R14

Rear: ??????????

Recommendations?

Spyder Garage
    RiderDuke

My Ride
    2021 Glacial Blue Metallic F3-T

Spyder Garage

I got 15" wheels on my 08 which not only gave me better handling. But more tire options as well. Not the cheapest fix. But the new wheels look much better than the old.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

sorry a little more info

2016 RSS SE5
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-28-2022 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Caps

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ITWorkerBee View Post
    Looking to replace my tires for car tires:

Front: KINERGY ST - SIZE: 175/65R14

Rear: ??????????

Recommendations?
    Quote Originally Posted by ITWorkerBee View Post
    sorry a little more info

2016 RSS SE5
    That ^^ means that your front rims will almost certainly be 15" dia, unless someone's changed yours back to the older spec Brakes & Rims

Cos once the Brembo Brakes went on Spyders in 2013, the front rim size across the entire Spyder range was upgraded to 15" rims in order to fit over the bigger/more capable Brembo Brake disc/caliper assy.... So those 14" Kinergy ST tires won't fit on your 15" front rims!

That said, there are quite a few well recommended auto tires in sizes that will fit your RSS, front &/or rear; but really, ANY quality auto tire in a size ranging from 205/65R15 up to 225/60R15 will likely work better on your RSS than the OE spec Kendas, & that's especially so on the rear when it comes to tire life! So choose a tire & size that has the performance, handling, & wear characteristics that you'd like; maybe check back here to make sure it physically fits (cos those sidewall sizes are only nominal sizes, & their actual size may vary somewhat from that! ) and awaaay you go!

There's other replies above that'll help narrow it down a bit for you, but it really comes down to your wants/needs and your choice - just pick an appropriate auto tire that does what you want & run it at a (lower) pressure more appropriate for the load & the stronger tire. All the rest is just you choosing what you want from a tire, & that may well be completely different to me & my needs/wants PLUS any differences there may be in my riding style, load, compnditions, road surfaces etc.... So choose away - If you want dry weather performance/traction & don't care too much about tire life, there's some good Toyo's, Yokohama's, Michelin's, & even Pirelli's out there; for all round capability, wet/dry performance/traction, & a little better tire life, there's Riken's, Vredesteins, different spec Michelins, etc, even some Coopers and a bunch of other All-Season Sport/Touring tires that might work well for you; and if you just want a loooong tire life & don't care too much about traction/performance at all, then I'll send up some prayers for you later!

Over to you!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-28-2022 at 10:08 PM. Reason: ;-)
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I discovered the new " RIKEN " HR, a few months back it is the least expensive highly rated rear tire for our Spyders ..... about $ 99.00 ( delivered ) at tirerack .com ...... Yes it's an online purchase ....if you go there DO NOT TALK or Ask any questions. .... just order a 215/60 -15 Riken and you will be happy ..... The folks here who have this are reporting they really like it ..... good luck .... Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 09-28-2022 at 09:52 PM.