Spyder Garage

Default What Highway bars will work on 2012 RTS?

Good morning spyder lovers I am fairly new to this site. I just sold my Vulcan 1500 now I ride a 2012 spyder RTS limited I am 6’1” tall looking for some extra leg room. Any recommendation on which highway bars will work on this bike? Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-27-2022 at 08:33 AM. Reason: Removed Prefix - not engine/size related; expanded title to briefly ask the question ;-)

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Plasser62 View Post
    Good morning spyder lovers I am fairly new to this site. I just sold my Vulcan 1500 now I ride a 2012 spyder RTS limited I am 6’1” tall looking for some extra leg room. Any recommendation on which highway bars will work on this bike? Thanks
    You have the Seal Floorboards on the bike. Very good product. At the end, where they slant upwards, that is meant to be your extended foot rest area. I haven’t seen all of them, of course, but all of the highway pegs I’ve come across mount right there where that area of the floorboard is. They would interfere with each other. Maybe all you might need is to fashion a heel rest about halfway up that area in order to give you a little longer leg extension. Nice ride. Good luck.

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

Spyder Garage

My home made hwy pegs attach to the floorboards of the RTS. Yes I had to drill holes.
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Plasser62 View Post
    yup those are seal boards should probably hold on to those ( no longer available). If you still need further stretch reach maybe consider a modified seat FYI 6’3” here with stock floorboards & different seating position on the STL; have considered pegs & missed out on Seal boards; longer trips just find myself stop& stretch few more times-maybe walking lap at gas stops. Putting feet out far enough to touch/rest on front fenders (yes possible) however any rock stuck bottom of not will obviously damage as well as foot too far from brake pedal :sour. Each their own in the end. Believe you may just need find that comfy spot as you adjust to the bike.

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

I appreciate all responses (very helpful)✌��

Spyder Garage

I have the same set up as you do on the same year. I am 6'2". When I put my feet on the tops of my Seal Floorboards my legs are at a comfortable stretch for me

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze