Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Hurricane IAN is coming - not looking forward to the next 72 hours!

looks like this SOB is gonna drop right on my head
    not looking forward to the next 72 hours

Spyder Garage

Stay safe! Hope it's not too bad for you & everyone else over that way who might be in the path...
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Praying for Everyone

...Sending Prayers for you and your family. Get to a Safe Place.
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Good luck to those in its path.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Here in Sebring FL looking for some of this monster, not as bad as your house, stay safe.

Spyder Garage

latest track has it going over the sunshine skyway bridge... 20'ish miles from me.

Spyder Garage

Stay safe.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SLICE View Post
    latest track has it going over the sunshine skyway bridge... 20'ish miles from me.
    Be safe, and realize, we most times get plenty of time to plan, prep and decide what actions and how we contend with the storm.

In many ways more fortunate than those that may deal with tornados or earthquakes.

This past weekend was the typical zoo around here. Most longtime residents know the drill and casually go about getting ready. All the recent transplants from other states were driving around like idiots from the places they moved from. Likely thinking the afternoon rains were the storm, and rushing at breakneck speeds, without a care for anyone else, trying to accomplish everything the news media said needs to be done.

Hopefully you folks get minimal flooding and wind damage. Be safe and more importantly, be smart. While I do miss them, no longer having to get my moms home, and my father in laws home prepped is a huge ease for us.

Spyder Garage

Looks like it will just graze me if it stays on track, but I have a lot of family in Lutz and St. Pete.

I been living in Florida for 72 years. Nobody can say for sure where a hurricane is going. it could turn or go in a circle. They are unpredictable.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

Be safe guys & gals.....

Spyder Garage

i just looked at my fox tampa and the track has moved further south.
    now looks to be a direct hit for me.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gwolf View Post
    Looks like it will just graze me if it stays on track, but I have a lot of family in Lutz and St. Pete.

I been living in Florida for 72 years. Nobody can say for sure where a hurricane is going. it could turn or go in a circle. They are unpredictable.
    Same here and I agree 100%

Spyder Garage

In no way downplaying this. Not sure if this is your first or one of many hurricanes you experienced here in Florida. As mentioned previously, these storms wobble about, strengthen, weaken and so forth. Also, a direct hit versus being full duration of the storm surge side sometimes can be better.

Rather than be pounded with the surge side the entire duration, you get a break as the eye passes over. This gives you a few minutes to quickly verify all is secure for the storms aft side.

Also, as the winds shift, that may help recede some of the water slightly. No it is not fun, and can be stressful. Our worst was years ago and was not so much the hurricane force stuff, but rather having a tornado come down the nearby canal, down the street, and through several neighbors and our backyard. The hurricane spawned the tornado. To this day, the concrete street light poles remain tilted from the force.

Just be smart and careful. Yes, it will very probably be a mess outside after the storm passes. Be extra careful then. Especially helping neighbors and such. So many folks have no idea about running generators, or using chain saws and get seriously injured or killed after the storm. Please be careful.

You may already know this, so do not be offended as I am certainly not talking down to you. Merely sharing experiences.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by timeless View Post
    Same here and I agree 100%

If you reside in Punta Gorda, pretty sure you are getting wet.

Two days ago, I called a friend that lives there, adjacent to a spur canal. Offered him and his wife a place here in West Palm if needed, or a safe haven for his motorcycles and use of a 6k generator I have for sale. He stated his father in law lives in Okeechobee. Hopefully they are safe and minimal issues with high water. This is their first hurricane since retiring to Punta Gorda, so they are a bit nervous.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    In no way downplaying this. Not sure if this is your first or one of many hurricanes you experienced here in Florida. As mentioned previously, these storms wobble about, strengthen, weaken and so forth. Also, a direct hit versus being full duration of the storm surge side sometimes can be better.

Rather than be pounded with the surge side the entire duration, you get a break as the eye passes over. This gives you a few minutes to quickly verify all is secure for the storms aft side.

Also, as the winds shift, that may help recede some of the water slightly. No it is not fun, and can be stressful. Our worst was years ago and was not so much the hurricane force stuff, but rather having a tornado come down the nearby canal, down the street, and through several neighbors and our backyard. The hurricane spawned the tornado. To this day, the concrete street light poles remain tilted from the force.

Just be smart and careful. Yes, it will very probably be a mess outside after the storm passes. Be extra careful then. Especially helping neighbors and such. So many folks have no idea about running generators, or using chain saws and get seriously injured or killed after the storm. Please be careful.

You may already know this, so do not be offended as I am certainly not talking down to you. Merely sharing experiences.
    i'm from boston, seen my share of wicked blizzards and a days with no power or heat in zero temps. ran chainsaws/trackhoes and wood chippers on my property in Maine so i have somewhat of a clue as to what i'm doing. as for hurricanes we sat out irma a few years back and i know this one is a monster compared to irma. if i did not own an overly aggressive dog i would have vacated sunday. my dog is good with people, other dogs NO. she is a rescued bait dog so every dog she sees as a threat. i just pray the good Lord will get me and my wife through this

Spyder Garage

i'm from boston, seen my share of wicked blizzards and a days with no power or heat in zero temps. ran chainsaws/trackhoes and wood chippers on my property in Maine so i have somewhat of a clue as to what i'm doing. as for hurricanes we sat out irma a few years back and i know this one is a monster compared to irma. if i did not own an overly aggressive dog i would have vacated sunday. my dog is good with people, other dogs NO. she is a rescued bait dog so every dog she sees as a threat. i just pray the good Lord will get me and my wife through this
    Also born and raised on the South Shore of Boston. Let there decades ago. You will be fine, just be smart.

Spyder Garage

my neighbor that i do not get along with just came over and told me to park
    SLEDGE (my 22 RTL) in his garage.
    so i got that goin for me

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hope all goes well !

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Now might be a good time to take a short vacation up north for a few days. I was going to head to Florida last Sunday and stay a few weeks but put that off till this weekend to let the storm get out of there. Be safe, wish you the best.
    Last edited by CopperSpyder; 09-27-2022 at 05:18 PM.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    If you reside in Punta Gorda, pretty sure you are getting wet.

Two days ago, I called a friend that lives there, adjacent to a spur canal. Offered him and his wife a place here in West Palm if needed, or a safe haven for his motorcycles and use of a 6k generator I have for sale. He stated his father in law lives in Okeechobee. Hopefully they are safe and minimal issues with high water. This is their first hurricane since retiring to Punta Gorda, so they are a bit nervous.
    YEP, 'we are in a condo here in Punta Gorda and with the storm shifting SE more I expect we will see weather similar to when Charlie came through in 2004, that wasn't any fun either.
    Thanks for the concern, we will all need to help each other !!!!!!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sending prayers for all of those in the storms path. We (my wife and I with 4 cats) survived Michael and I wouldn't wish any storm on anyone. Hopefully if told to evacuate everyone will. Material objects can be replaced, human lives can't. Dale

Spyder Garage

Stay Safe!

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by timeless View Post
    YEP, 'we are in a condo here in Punta Gorda and with the storm shifting SE more I expect we will see weather similar to when Charlie came through in 2004, that wasn't any fun either.
    Thanks for the concern, we will all need to help each other !!!!!!!!
    it looks like your going to get it worse than me now.
    stay safe.

Spyder Garage

it appears that north port and punta gorda are going to get spanked.
    stay safe people, i'll pray Y'all make it through safe and sound

Spyder Garage

this sucks big time.
    house is shaking