Spyder Garage

Default Got my cup holder

I received my Spyder Cuff with cup holder and Ram Ball from Lamonster today. I had to take it for a complete field test to make sure it was going to hold up. It passed with flying colors. I guess tomorrow will be bath time for my bike. At first I didn't think it was going to fit, but as I tightened the mounting screws it all came togther.

cuff 1.jpg

cuff 2.jpg
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

~~~Looks like a nice set up Greg, where your cup holder wont be in the way at all

Best,

Jake
    Reddick Fla.
    It’s never too late to have a happy childhood
    2021 Can Am Spyder RT Limited
    2020 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

Good Morning gkamer. I have a 2017 F3-T that I've been looking for a cup holder that actually works and makes sense for the spyder. If you would please be so kind to tell me where you got it and if you could be a little bit more specific about the install it would be greatly appreciated. Obviously you know that both on the left and right side of the handlebars are those round things (sorry about not knowing exactly what they're called. In the picture it looks like the bracket that holds the cup holder actually clamps over top of the one on the left side. Am I seeing that correctly? I would really appreciate whatever help you can give me.

Thank you very much.

Spyder Garage

Having an F3 gives you the ability to use the frame mounted one from Lamonster. It put the drink holder out of my line of sight which like and gets rid of what can be a lot of clutter on the bars.

https://www.lamonstergarage.com/ips-...der-f3-models/
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2018 F3 Limited - Intense Red Pearl . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyder17f3t View Post
    Good Morning gkamer. I have a 2017 F3-T that I've been looking for a cup holder that actually works and makes sense for the spyder. If you would please be so kind to tell me where you got it and if you could be a little bit more specific about the install it would be greatly appreciated. Obviously you know that both on the left and right side of the handlebars are those round things (sorry about not knowing exactly what they're called. In the picture it looks like the bracket that holds the cup holder actually clamps over top of the one on the left side. Am I seeing that correctly? I would really appreciate whatever help you can give me.

Thank you very much.
    This is the Spyder Cuff offered on Lamonster Garage. Since the handle bars on my Spyder are not the usual round type you see on most bikes, the “normal” style of cup holders would not work for me.

You are correct with how it mounts. It comes in two sections that are clamped together by four bolts. When you first fit it on the handle bars, there is a wide gap between the two sections and makes it seem like it is not going to fit. But as you tighten down the bolts the two sections come together for a nice tight fit.

I discovered the cup holder portion itself is actually adjustable to fit a wide variety of cup diameters. The cuff is also predrilled to accept a number of Ram type ball mounts. I think there is like 6-7 places where one or more balls can be screwed in. I also ordered one of the Ram ball mounts.

Lamonster also provides set screws to screw into the unused mounting points to protect them from dirt and whatnot. The entire construction is metal, aluminum I believe, and not the cheap plastic ones that sell for far less. This is a solid piece of kit that will easily outlive the life of your bike and well worth the money.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

C9E1BAED-B155-464C-B159-E652DCCAAB27.jpg

Here is another picture. As stated very solid and lots of options on how you desire to mount things.
    Trent - 2017 asphalt grey RT Limited,
    Ultimate Seat, Baha Ron’s sway bar, Vredestine rear tire, Federal Formoza fronts, SlingMod’s LED head and fog lights, Lamonster’s highway pegs

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey