Spyder Garage

Default Pedal Commander or Pedal Box - any Pro's and Con's as well as settings?

I want to put a throttle controller on my 22 RTL and am looking for some input from those of you who have installed the Pedal Commander or the Pedal Box.

What pro's and con's are there between the devices?

What do everyone find to be the optimum setting. I know it is all personal preference, but I am just looking for starting points from experienced riders with them installed.

Thanks
    2022 RT Limited , Silver w/ Black and Purple accents

Spyder Garage

I have the commander set at sport0. I found that setting gives me a throttle boost without making up shifting difficult because the rpm’s crank too high between shifts (if that makes sense). I would think the box is very similar but don’t have any experience with it.

2022 RTL HyperSilver
    2018 Honda Goldwing Tour White
    2022 RTL , Hyper Silver

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I have the pedal commander on my 2016 F3 Limited. It is amazing. The throttle response is awesome. I have only turned it up 1/2 way, and the difference is still unbelievable. My only suggestion is to think about the final placement of the box during installation. I installed it on my F3T and did it just like instructed. I didn't like the location and decided to change it when installing it on my Limited. It is now in a much better place (beneath the panel where you would check the oil).
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

I have a like new one for sale. Parted with my RT. $200.00 plus shipping

Spyder Garage

which do you have the Pedal Commander or the Pedal Box?
    2022 RT Limited , Silver w/ Black and Purple accents

Spyder Garage

I have a Spyder RTS 2016. I installed the Pedal Box 2 days ago and test rode it today, first in city mode and then in sports mode.

It is really fantastic! I wouldn't want to know what it does in sport + mode...

Mine is not the plus version, hence it does not work with the app!!! Keep this in mind when you buy and install it! I wasn't aware there were two different versions! You want easy access to it to change modes, even though I probably just leave it in sports mode.

The install was pretty much straight forward. If I can do it...anybody can! I had to remove quite a few panels but just followed a youtube video.

I have mine right under the seat.

Hope this helps

Spyder Garage

I have pedal box. Simple installation, great performance.
    2012 RT , Replaced with Bahrain wires Red

Spyder Garage

One thing I like about the PC is being able to see on the app, what mode you’re in compared to what I see on the box. Mine is under the seat out of the weather so using the app on my phone is one less device on the handlebars. And the app mirrors the device.

2022 RTL HyperSilver
    2018 Honda Goldwing Tour White
    2022 RTL , Hyper Silver

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TimKW View Post
    One thing I like about the PC is being able to see on the app, what mode you’re in compared to what I see on the box. Mine is under the seat out of the weather so using the app on my phone is one less device on the handlebars. And the app mirrors the device.
    Exactly correct! I completely agree with Tim.
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    Peter Pan has struck again!

Spyder Garage

We both use the Pedal Commander and very happy with it. As others have stated, the the app works well without the need to have a physical input device exposed to the elements. I have not tried the other manufacture, so I cannot give a thumbs up or down. I can say, we would purchase the PC again in a heartbeat... but wait for the flash sale, if you can! Cant wait to see how it works after the ECU mapping and cat delete!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by KAMJAM View Post
    We both use the Pedal Commander and very happy with it. As others have stated, the the app works well without the need to have a physical input device exposed to the elements. I have not tried the other manufacture, so I cannot give a thumbs up or down. I can say, we would purchase the PC again in a heartbeat... but wait for the flash sale, if you can! Cant wait to see how it works after the ECU mapping and cat delete!
    You tune the ECU and add a cat delete combined with the pedal commander, your bike will come alive.
    It will become a whole new bike...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 308gunner View Post
    You tune the ECU and add a cat delete combined with the pedal commander, your bike will come alive.
    It will become a whole new bike...
    We bought the programmers, the cat deletes and the Crushers are on the way.. not much ride time left, we'll make the best of it!