Spyder Garage

Default Brand new Utopia backrest for 2020+ RT

Just bought this for my new '22 RTL, but unfortunately the ergonomics didn't work out for me.

Brand new, black with gray stitching, removable pouch, all hardware, $210 + $25 shipping (lower 48). Paypal or Venmo only.

Please PM if interested. Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by earache View Post
    Just bought this for my new '22 RTL, but unfortunately the ergonomics didn't work out for me.

Brand new, black with gray stitching, removable pouch, all hardware, $210 + $25 shipping (lower 48). Paypal or Venmo only.

Please PM if interested. Thanks.
    "ERGONOMICS " .... The Utopia is the most adjustable backrest I have ever seen ..... forward , backward, up, down and you can add LUMBAR support to suit ...... JMHO .... Mike PS that's a good price ..... When I was vendoring I used to mail them USPS in a med. Mailer Box ( from USPS ) they were only $10.00 to mail anywhere in the world.....

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    "ERGONOMICS " .... The Utopia is the most adjustable backrest I have ever seen ..... forward , backward, up, down and you can add LUMBAR support to suit ...... JMHO .... Mike PS that's a good price ..... When I was vendoring I used to mail them USPS in a med. Mailer Box ( from USPS ) they were only $10.00 to mail anywhere in the world.....
    Agreed that the Utopia is super adjustable, but as a tall guy, I found that even after adjustment, the backrest was too far forward for my liking. Had it been positioned 1-2” more to the rear, it would have been perfect.

Spyder Garage

Agreed that the Utopia is super adjustable, but as a tall guy, I found that even after adjustment, the backrest was too far forward for my liking. Had it been positioned 1-2” more to the rear, it would have been perfect.
    Because I made my own Brackets I can position the backrest up to 2inches further back ..... or forward .... however I couldn't do anything with the OEM Seat back ..... Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 09-26-2022 at 11:44 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I've had a Utopia backrest on the last 4 or 5 bikes I've owned. I'm a big guy and found that I was more comfortable with the backrest farther back than it could go with the factory adjusting bolt/nut. I took the nut off and adjusted the bolt down to where it was almost flush w/the bracket. (I put the nut on top instead of the bottom to lock the bolt in place.)

Do what you want w/your backrest but if the only issue you have with it is that you need a little more rearward travel, try my suggestion before you lose $$ by selling it.
    2021 Honda HRV
    2245 Constitution class starship (refitted 2270-2271) (for sale)
    2021 Can Am Spyder RT (gone)
    2019 Honda CR-V (gone)
    2018 Can Am Spyder RT Limited (gone)
    2014 Kawasaki Nomad (gone)

Spyder Garage

Great ideas for shifting it back, but my wife probably wouldn't like it. As it is, with the backrest in stock position, she said it was starting to get a little tight in the back seat.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Great ideas for shifting it back, but my wife probably wouldn't like it. As it is, with the backrest in stock position, she said it was starting to get a little tight in the back seat.
    I adjust my BRP backrest for me when riding single, when riding two-up we remove it. Her mid section makes for a good backrest, if I need more lumbar I just feed the backrest.
    " My apology for HIJACKING this thread"
    Last edited by Knizar; 09-28-2022 at 07:39 PM.
    2020 RTL Chrome, Marsala Red "Non-Directional Tires, Centramatic Balancers"
    Front- Kumho KH-16 175/55r15 @17psi, Rear-General Altimax RT-45 215/60r15 @20psi
    BaJa Ron Ultra 3 pcs sway bar kit
    7jurock 25" tinted windscreen w/flip
    Frogman Dave's "Signal Button"
    If in Doubt, Don't Do It!
    " Pros: Excellent Bug Killer, Cons: Pizz Poor Pothole Dodger"

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Knizar View Post
    I adjust my BRP backrest for me when riding single, when riding two-up we remove it. Her mid section makes for a good backrest, if I need more lumbar I just feed the backrest.
    I also have to remove mine when my wife is along but, I mostly ride alone so that is how I have it set.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

You guys really want me to keep this backrest, don’t you? LOL

Spyder Garage

You guys really want me to keep this backrest, don’t you? LOL
    Well I don't think that's the consensus on this ..... There arn't any backrests that will work for your Body size, especially if you have your normal passenger....... IMHO the OEM seat is the issue, it needs to be longer .... good luck .... Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 09-29-2022 at 08:57 AM.

Spyder Garage

After making some additional adjustments, I decided to keep it after all.