Spyder Garage

Default Any differences between Belt tensioners from Lamonster & Slingmods?

I have a 2021 spyder F3L I'm gonna put a belt tensioner on it. Was just wondering if there is any diffrence between slingmods and lamonsters parts. Thanks for your input.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-25-2022 at 02:34 PM. Reason: Expanded Title to briefly ask the question ;-)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Try dropping your belt tension a few pounds. You may save some $$$ and lose the vibrations also. Tons of discussion on this subject on this site. Good luck.

Spyder Garage

I have the Spyder Extras tensioner that Slingmods sells. It is a nicely crafted piece, very stout. The roller is also a upgrade from the OEM roller. That said, the Lamonster roller is even stouter than the Spyder Extras roller. The Lamonster tensioner wasn't available when I bought mine. I'd go with Lamonster just for the roller..

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
    Try dropping your belt tension a few pounds. You may save some $$$ and lose the vibrations also. Tons of discussion on this subject on this site. Good luck.
    X's 10 ...... You may not be aware of the FACT that, as has been reported on this Forum, belt tensioners can BREAK and destroy your drive belt ..... $ 500.00+ if it does .... Good luck .... Mike
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-25-2022 at 02:37 PM. Reason: they - 'belt tensioners'... just for clarity on what can break! ;-)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My first belt replacement was $350+ due to damage by a rock caused by the lack of a lower belt guard. As for belt dampener damage, I zip tied mine up to the frame and got it off the belt so that wouldn't happen. It's still there. LOL By the way. Do a search on BRP primary belt drive sprockets. There are some for sale out there and not from BRP. Sorry, a little off topic there.