Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Well I think they have chosen to ignore me and my issues as they are still not answering my calls or returning my messages and emails.. I will have to follow up at my local dealer for what needs to be done. Who do I contact at BRP ? I want to take this to the top ! and let them know what an awful dealership they are and what they have done to me, They are not going to get away with this... I remember the finance person " The owners wife " telling me I would be getting a survey from BRP and it was important for their dealership that they receive a perfect review.... Well that's out the window !!!! Why was that so important to them ?
    2022 Spyder RTL

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I think it's time to name the Dealer
    Dean O
    Gran Pa Hoon
    Founder San Jose BMW
    Builder of the Motorcyclist Cafe Barn and Bunkhouse
    Alamogordo, NM

'20 Spyder F3 L

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Post #18 is who you need to contact

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by old Timer View Post
    I think it's time to name the Dealer

It's Mark's Motorsports in Enfield Connecticut.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-21-2023 at 07:08 AM. Reason: ,
    2022 Spyder RTL

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rick28 View Post
    It's Mark's Motorsports in Enfield Connecticut.
    Just looked at their web site. It says they are only open by appointment as they are short staffed. Sounds suspect to me.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-21-2023 at 07:08 AM. Reason: Fixed quote display ;-)
    Frank Ferrante
    2022 Can Am Spyder RT Limited Deep Marsala Metallic Dark
    2016 Moto Guzzi Eldorado

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ff73148 View Post
    Just looked at their web site. It says they are only open by appointment as they are short staffed. Sounds suspect to me.
    They are definitely NOT short staffed, as there were at least 3 mechanics outside working on things. When I got there to pick up my Spyder, there was a guy waiting outside saying this place is just awful!!! The customer service here is the worst I have ever seen!!! I should have known to turn around and go back home right then!!!!!! The doors were locked, and they wouldn't let you in 'til they were ready to come out to get you. I tried calling all day yesterday and they kept hanging up on me, I am still in disbelief this happened to me.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-21-2023 at 07:09 AM. Reason: Caps & ' 's ;-)
    2022 Spyder RTL

Spyder Garage

This would be a good time to purchase car tires to replace both front OEM tires. Yes, the Kendra’s should be round, etc. but, for less than $200 you can buy much better rubber. Consider it an upgrade. Others may have better and different ideas

Best,

Jake
    Reddick Fla.
    Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while
    2021 Can Am Spyder RT Limited
    2020 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by USAF View Post
    They are definitely NOT short staffed, as there were at least 3 mechanics outside working on things. When I got there to pick up my Spyder, there was a guy waiting outside saying this place is just awful!!! The customer service here is the worst I have ever seen!!! I should have known to turn around and go back home right then!!!!!! The doors were locked, and they wouldn't let you in 'til they were ready to come out to get you. I tried calling all day yesterday and they kept hanging up on me, I am still in disbelief this happened to me.

They say insanity is doing the same thing over and over while getting the same results.
    Sorry, but you bought from a horrible dealer. My suggestion, accept it, research and find a good dealer, then go there for warranty work.

As for tires, 1/8” runout vertically is minimal and probably not your vibration. More possibly just not balanced correctly from Can Am. Or maybe the wheels are not installed and torqued correctly.

The distortion of the windscreen should get a warranty replacement. Unfortunately, you may never resolve this until upgrading to an aftermarket better quality windscreen. Your other items though, are warranty issues. Agree, the selling dealer should have corrected many of these before delivery. They did not, and probably will not. Find a good dealer, get the issues resolved and move forward.

Bummer, but it does happen.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-21-2023 at 07:10 AM. Reason: Fixed quote display ;-)

Spyder Garage

If the Dealer won't answer because of called-ID then use *67 as a prefix when calling, it will block your number from coming through on caller-ID.

Really sorry to hear of your issue.

Spyder Garage

Now the dealer will no longer answer my calls, been calling all morning and phone will just ring and get directed to a voice mailbox that is full, They have caller i.d. I cant believe this is happening to me I am beyond upset at this point... What can I do, They are not going to get away with this !!!!
    Rick28,

Don't let them get away with it.

All the problems are under warranty, "Stand your ground". Personally if I was in your situation I would not let the dealership get away with it. I know you are 4 hours away, and you bought the spyder out of state. Have the dealership tow it back on there dime, and demand to have problems fixed, have the dealership open a case with BRP, the price that you paid for the spyder should be flawless.

Good luck!

Let us know what happens.

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

Well just got off the phone with BRP, They are going to investigate this dealer "Mark's Motorsports of Connecticut". They also told me to take it to my local dealer, which I had already planned on doing anyway. We will see what comes next.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-28-2022 at 10:22 PM. Reason: planed - planned ;-)
    2022 Spyder RTL

Spyder Garage

Well just got off the phone with BRP, They are going to investigate this dealer "Mark's Motorsports of Connecticut". They also told me to take it to my local dealer, which I had already planned on doing anyway. We will see what comes next.
    Just curious, what made you buy from a dealer 3-4 hrs away? Did you not see any pending problems when you ordered it?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-28-2022 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display
    2015 Spyder RT Ltd- bUrp - only add the "U", 2010 Honda NT700V-red,2010 Honda NT700V-silver retired @201,111 miles, 1997 Honda PC800, 1996 Honda PC800, Honda CT500, Honda Shadow 500, 1978 Suzuki GS550, 1973 Suzuki TC125, other assorted smaller bikes, Suzuki TM400

Spyder Garage

There you go! A plan for success! Be nice, stay calm. Keep records. Write down who told you what and when and don't take 'No' for an answer.

I see happier days in your future.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-28-2022 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Deanna777 View Post
    Rick28,

Don't let them get away with it.

All the problems are under warranty, "Stand your ground". Personally if I was in your situation I would not let the dealership get away with it. I know you are 4 hours away, and you bought the spyder out of state. Have the dealership tow it back on there dime, and demand to have problems fixed, have the dealership open a case with BRP, the price that you paid for the spyder should be flawless.

Good luck!

Let us know what happens.

Deanna
    Bad choice / advice. Standing your ground in this case you will not come out the victor. Find a local dealer, if possible and let them accomplish the warranty work.

This dealer, Marks Motorsports, has played many of their cards, and will “cheat” to win. The chances of them caring about the quality of their warranty work will not happen.

Also, not saying the buyer is at fault, but we are only hearing one side of the story. Sign the divorce papers and move on to a dealer that makes the customer happy.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Woodaddict View Post
    Just curious, what made you buy from a dealer 3-4 hrs away? Did you not see any pending problems when you ordered it?
    Zero inventory in my area for the model I wanted, They were the closest ones that had what I wanted in stock..
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-28-2022 at 10:24 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display
    2022 Spyder RTL

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I think that is the best bet for you. Just keep in mind that the local dealership is not the bad guy in this situation. I know that sometimes when someone is done wrong by a company or dealership, they will go in very defensive and take it out on the next (it is very tempting). But go in with a positive attitude that they will help you get the issue fixed, and believe that it will be a pleasant experience. Good luck and let us know how it goes.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Great, good luck in dealing with the new dealer. Be sure and check the bike out top to bottom to see if there are any other issues that you may not have noticed. A couple other common issues are the rear trunk lid won't easily stay open on it's own and the side storage latches may be hard to operate.
    2021 RTL Chrome, Chalk White

Spyder Garage

Having just bought my own 2022 RTL a week ago, (with no problems observed after 200 miles - knock on wood), I am keenly interested in the outcome of your visit to the local dealer and if they were able to satisfy you.
    Scott (slhanks004)
    Gilbert, AZ USA

2022 Spyder RT Limited - Carbon Black
    • Pedal commander
    • Baja Ron sway bar
    • TricLED tail lights
    • TricLED driving lights
    • Corbin seat
    • BRP rider backrest
    • Lamonster topcuff (2) w/ RAM mounts
    • 12v/USB docking station
    • Garmin Zumo XT
    • RLS cat delete pipe
    • IPS highway pegs
    • IPS belt tensioner
    2022 RT-L , Carbon black

Spyder Garage

Hi,
    I had to adjust my spring tension on the Frunk release and it opens fine now. The Velcro discs are never going to remain in place. I have replaced mine with heavy duty ones and when the adhesive gets hot from the engine heat they just come loose. I finally siliconed them and installed little black flat head screws in the centers of the velcro and waited 1 days to cure. The liner now stays in place. The heated grips may be related to the switch plug not being connected all the way. Just carefully pop the switch out and pull up carefully and you may see the connecter ai loose.
    Happy trails!
    Wes
    Last edited by wes0228s; 07-25-2023 at 06:46 PM.
    2022 RT Limited , Carbon Black

Spyder Garage

I read you checked the tires, but didn’t see where you checked psi. On my first trip off the trailer I had a fair amount of wobbling, initially attributing it to 2 wheel experience and gripping too tightly. Long story short the I had 3 different tire pressures that varied by 10 psi. Corrected them and bike has driven hands free, a wobble/shake free since. May or may not help, but worth checking…

Suggest, as some others said, go see local dealer and find a way to walk in with a fresh slate. Neither they or BRP put you in this position, but you’re quite confident the product is great and they can help you out. Sounds like BRP is already on board. Have fun!
    2022 RT Ltd, Deep & Dark Marsala

Spyder Garage

Sorry to hear about your problems.
    I have the exact issues with my brand new F3s. Tires out of round and frunk won't pop open. I had the dealer test drive it 2 weeks ago, and they confirmed the vibration and said to leave it with them and they would get to it between regular appointments (ie weeks in shop) so I declined at the time, until I read your post. I just brought it back to them. Hopefully I'll have it back in a couple of weeks. I also confirmed tires were out of round, but you can't tell a dealership anything. By the way I know a little about Machinery, since I've been in the field for 40 years plus turning wrenches on just about everything.

Retired U.S. Coast Guard 76-97
    Shad bags
    Lamonsters 2.0 usb dual power plate
    F3 ultimate boards
    LED arc lights
    Lidlox helmet extender
    Lamonsters top cuff with Ram ball and phone holder.
    Lamonster billet sway bar end links
    BRP driver backrest
    LED Volt meter
    BIW Cat Delete pipe
    Route 129 windscreen
    2022 F3S , Monolith black

Spyder Garage

This thread was started in 2022, so I hope the OP has got his ride straighten out!! As for the rest of you helpful guy's, I wish you the best, the tires that come on these bikes are LESS than good, and have to be balanced, if not they will wobble, and the front ends need to be aligned! Good luck!!!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-26-2023 at 07:47 PM. Reason: post... ;-)
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Mine were balanced, but if the tire is out of round no amount of wheel weights will cure that. My tires have no tale tell visual wearing issues from balance or alignment. I'd be happy if they just put a set of Kenda's on, as long as they were round. I know they're not very good, but I haven't experienced any problems with them except being out of round. Planned on replacing them of course with a decent car tire when the time came.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-21-2023 at 07:14 AM. Reason: Kendras...

Retired U.S. Coast Guard 76-97
    Shad bags
    Lamonsters 2.0 usb dual power plate
    F3 ultimate boards
    LED arc lights
    Lidlox helmet extender
    Lamonsters top cuff with Ram ball and phone holder.
    Lamonster billet sway bar end links
    BRP driver backrest
    LED Volt meter
    BIW Cat Delete pipe
    Route 129 windscreen
    2022 F3S , Monolith black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dasmoetorhead View Post
    Mine were balanced, but if the tire is out of round no amount of wheel weights will cure that. My tires have no tale tell visual wearing issues from balance or alignment. I'd be happy if they just put a set of Kenda's on, as long as they were round. I know they're not very good, but I haven't experienced any problems with them except being out of round. Planned on replacing them of course with a decent car tire when the time came.
    If I were you and wanted to solve your problem, I would look into putting a set of car tires on, it's easy for the front, you just take them off and head to most any tire shop, and tell them what you want, or go online to Tire rack and order a set and then find a shop to break them down and balance them, take them home and put them on.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-21-2023 at 07:14 AM. Reason: Fixed quote display ;-)
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    If I were you and wanted to solve your problem, I would look into putting a set of car tires on, it's easy for the front, you just take them off and head to most any tire shop, and tell them what you want, or go online to Tire rack and order a set and then find a shop to break them down and balance them, take them home and put them on.
    Replacing my front tires with Quatracs was one of the best things I have done to my F3L, worth every penny I spent on them... World of difference!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-21-2023 at 07:15 AM. Reason: Caps & ' 's ;-)
    2020 F3 limited, liquid titanium
    grip puppies
    Bajaron sway bar
    lamonster belt dampener
    battery tender
    19 in freedom tinted windshield
    matte black daytona frunk wrap
    Quadtrac 165/60's