Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Brand New 2022 RT Limited with Issues !!!

Just picked up my Brand new RT Limited on Friday from a dealer out of state. I rode it for the first time yesterday and the frontend shook terrible !!! It was worse at hi way speeds 45 - 65, But also at lower speeds. I jacked the front wheels off the ground and spun the wheels, The right tire seemed to be out of round by an 1/8 inch !

Problem # 2

The windshield in the upper end is wavy /warped to look through, I had to keep it lowered as it was making me dizzy looking through !! Also it is of a different part # and slightly
    tinted compared to my friends 2022 RT Limited thats clear and the exact same model as mine.

Problem # 3

The front trunk will not pop open, you have to have someone hold the key turned and lift it open

Problem #4

The passenger heated grips do not work on High

Also the front trunk liner was sagged down and the Velcro sticky tabs were all off and unstuck.

I am LIVID to say the least !!!! You spend 30k + and this is what they delivered me ??? That dealer is out of state and over 3 hours away from me. What should I demand them to do ? Tell them to Send me new tires at their shipping/+ return expense to be installed at my nearest dealer ? Along with a new windshield ? I think all they did was assemble it and park it outside because I was coming out of state to pick it up, There is NO WAY they test drove this thing because its noticeable right away.... They also rushed us out of there and onto the trailer so I never picked up on the windshield as it was lowered at the time.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-25-2022 at 06:29 PM. Reason: truck - trunk ;-)
    2022 Spyder RTL

Spyder Garage

Everything you mention is under warranty. And it shows very poor dealer prep and assembly. And, unfortunately, I'm sure more problems will pop up as you ride it. Whom ever the dealer is sucks! Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

Sorry to hear for sure , thankfully yes warranty items sadly no idea after leaving “the lot”. Brand of tires quite known for their various issues in spyder community. Hopefully open a case with BRP cares to tar & feather the dealer. Another dealership maybe can help, if will be needed to verify the issues. Agin sorry this is how you get to start out , not a normal experience Covid no excuse

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Wow. That sucks. I would take the advice from the previous posts. Contact dealer and raise the issue. I wouldn't necessarily want them to address the issues mentioned if they don't seem capable. If there is a closer dealer, your warranty should cover windshield. Regardless, definitely contact dealer that you purchased it from as quickly as possible. You wouldn't want to get in a "why didn't you say something sooner" scenario. Hopefully, they will make it right. Otherwise, raise complaint to BRP and find someone else to service it.
    '20 RT Chalk Metallic

Spyder Garage

This just goes to show just how important an inspection and test drive is when you purchase "any" motorized vehicle. If they don't want to allow you enough time to do this, then that is a "HUGE" red flag.

Don't get me wrong, I do understand the excitement of the purchase but, as a past fleet manager I have purchased quite a lot of vehicles and you would be surprised at all the problems with both the vehicle and on the paperwork (wrong vin#).

As others have said, call the dealer immediately and inform them of the problems. Ask them if "They" would contact your nearest dealer to get the repair process started. All items are warranty issues, and any dealer should handle them with no problem, if not get BRP involved.
    I also would contact BRP care and inform them of the problems. There is no excuse for this IMHO

Good Luck.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

And Rick, please let us know how this works out. Thank you.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

My wife and I picked up our 22 RT Limited yesterday from an out of State dealership that I placed my order back in January. In the time it took you to write and post this complaint we had already performed all our checks, tests and was ready for the test drive before signing over my check to complete the sale. It just seemed at the time the right way to go about things. I’m sure things will work out and I hope you walk away learning something from the situation.
    2021 Spyder RT Limited Asphalt Gray Chrome Edition
    2022 Spyder RT Limited Hyper Silver Chrome Edition
    Spyderco Paramilitary 2
    Vanquest Gen 2 7x10 First Aid Trauma Pack
    Garage Door Opener
    iPass
    DJI Action 2
    Tackform Anti-Vibe Phone Cradle
    UltraGard Full Covers
    Show Chrome rear trunk lid lift strut
    Noco Genius 1
    Noco GBX Booster X
    Show Chrome Platinum Grande Adjustable Padded Driver Backrest with Storage Pouch
    Baseus Cordless Inflator

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JohnRuckus View Post
    Wow. That sucks. I would take the advice from the previous posts. Contact dealer and raise the issue. I wouldn't necessarily want them to address the issues mentioned if they don't seem capable. If there is a closer dealer, your warranty should cover windshield. Regardless, definitely contact dealer that you purchased it from as quickly as possible. You wouldn't want to get in a "why didn't you say something sooner" scenario. Hopefully, they will make it right. Otherwise, raise complaint to BRP and find someone else to service it.
    Also if new the TIRES should be Warrantied also ..... Don't let them BS you ..... good luck .... Mike

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by K80Shooter View Post
    This just goes to show just how important an inspection and test drive is when you purchase "any" motorized vehicle. If they don't want to allow you enough time to do this, then that is a "HUGE" red flag.

Don't get me wrong, I do understand the excitement of the purchase but, as a past fleet manager I have purchased quite a lot of vehicles and you would be surprised at all the problems with both the vehicle and on the paperwork (wrong vin#).

As others have said, call the dealer immediately and inform them of the problems. Ask them if "They" would contact your nearest dealer to get the repair process started. All items are warranty issues, and any dealer should handle them with no problem, if not get BRP involved.
    I also would contact BRP care and inform them of the problems. There is no excuse for this IMHO

Good Luck.
    Lots of folks here have bought from IMotorsports ( a sponsor here ) .... and if I had done mine with them , the first thing I would have done ( upon delivery ) was an Examination and TEST drive .... before the transporter left !!!!! ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Woodenfish View Post
    My wife and I picked up our 22 RT Limited yesterday from an out of State dealership that I placed my order back in January. In the time it took you to write and post this complaint we had already performed all our checks, tests and was ready for the test drive before signing over my check to complete the sale. It just seemed at the time the right way to go about things. I’m sure things will work out and I hope you walk away learning something from the situation.

~~~My sympathy to the original poster. When making any purchase, you are not only buying a product, in this case a $30K motorcycle, but you are also buying the seller. The OP did not say how much investigation he did in regards to the selling dealer’s reputation but, I can attest to the dealer I purchased 2 Can Am motorcycles from, starting with the 2020 Ryker Rally bought new that year. I need to say I chose to do business with them thanks to the feedback I got from members here on this forum. Anyways, there were absolutely no issues with that 3 wheeler. I put 4500 miles on it before I traded it in on a 2021 Spyder RTL in August 2021, and I need to say upfront, I did not pick this motorcycle up. I was ill at the last minute and instead, our courier who we use drove from Fla. using my F-250 and 7’X 14’ Big Tex (LP14) trailer, hauled my trade (the 2020 Ryker Rally), drove to Topeka, dropped off the Ryker, and picked up my new 2021 RTL Spyder. Also, my courier (Tril) is not a motorcyclist, so all of the loading and unloading was performed by Aaron Fischer, the sales manager, and his staff

What I want to convey is, I’ve had nothing but excellent service with this RTL, and I bought it virtually sight unseen. For those that might want to know, I sent Aaron pics of my Ryker and we negotiated a deal over email. Again, I’ve been totally happy with both Can Am vehicles I purchased from Aaron. Admittedly, I dont ride much. Too busy here on our farm so I’ve only accumulated 4300 miles in the 13 months I’ve owned this RT. That said, these guys (Cycle Zone Powersports Topeka Kansas) know how to set up an RT (same w/ the Ryker I had). Both vehicles track straight, I can and have let go of the handlebars and she tracks straight @ 80+ MPH w/ the cruise control. Everything worked as it should. I’ve never had a moment of hesitation with my RTL.

If this post sounds like an endorsement of who you can trust and buy a new Can Am from, well it is. Again, my sympathies go out to the OP of this thread, but anytime you buy something, you must buy the seller, because you are. This isn’t too complicated, live forever.

Best,

Jake
    Reddick Fla.
    “As you know, we like a bit of volume” Phil Campbell/Motörhead
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-26-2022 at 06:25 AM. Reason: Caps, & rom - from, ;-)
    2021 Can Am Spyder RT Limited
    2020 Rally , Black

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Lots of folks here have bought from IMotorsports ( a sponsor here ) .... and if I had done mine with them , the first thing I would have done ( upon delivery ) was an Examination and TEST drive .... before the transporter left !!!!! ..... Mike
    I bought from them, and they actually delivered it to me in a walmart parking lot while I was on vacation. I didn't take it out on the street, but I did take it up to about 30 in the parking lot. I also had them take my trade in (2012 RSS) for a ride through the parking lot also. I didn't want any surprises on either end. Great to deal with though. If I ever purchase another new one, it will be through them.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

I'm not sure how long of a drive it is back to the dealer. But, that's where I would be Monday morning.
    2021 RTL Chrome, Chalk White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by agrimm01 View Post
    I'm not sure how long of a drive it is back to the dealer. But, that's where I would be Monday morning.

Its in another State, about 4hrs away...
    2022 Spyder RTL

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Have them come pick it up on their dime.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by trikermutha View Post
    Have them come pick it up on their dime.
    Like he said...

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Make The Phone Call

...So Sad That Things Like This Still Happen.
    Please Make The Phone Call.
    LET Them Have A Chance To Make This Right.

My Tip: Have The Dealer Pick-up and Return The Spyder on His Dollar. Fix it and then return it to you all ready to Go.
    So the Dealer needs to pay for Your inconvenience. Really His Poor Quality Control. Diffently Have A BRP Case Filed.

Good Luke On Your Mission. .......
    Last edited by Little Blue; 09-26-2022 at 03:59 PM.
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

I called the dealer and they dont want to take blame, Its Can Ams fault he says... Um No I said, it was their fault BEFORE you delivered it to ME.. Now its YOUR fault because YOU failed to do a proper P.D.I and test drive and handed it to me that way with all the issues. Thats why YOUR dealership performs a Pre Delivery Inspection so the customer gets a vehicle with NO issues !!

Says to me he drove it in the parking lot and didnt notice anything, LOL, Thats NOT a proper test drive for PDI !!!. well its under warranty, just bring it back with a date 3 WEEKS from now !!!! Im 4 hrs away in another state with no way to get it there !!!!! NOT !!! He told me just have it towed there on MY DIME ! I would post this dealers name but I dont know if its against the rules... Still waiting for a call back.............
    2022 Spyder RTL

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rick28 View Post
    I called the dealer and they dont want to take blame, Its Can Ams fault he says... Um No I said, it was their fault BEFORE you delivered it to ME.. Now its YOUR fault because YOU failed to do a proper P.D.I and test drive and handed it to me that way with all the issues. Thats why YOUR dealership performs a Pre Delivery Inspection so the customer gets a vehicle with NO issues !!

Says to me he drove it in the parking lot and didnt notice anything, LOL, Thats NOT a proper test drive for PDI !!!. well its under warranty, just bring it back with a date 3 WEEKS from now !!!! Im 4 hrs away in another state with no way to get it there !!!!! NOT !!! He told me just have it towed there on MY DIME ! I would post this dealers name but I dont know if its against the rules... Still waiting for a call back.............
    What would you want to go back to this dealer? Find another dealer close to you. All of this should be covered under warranty.
    Frank Ferrante
    2022 Can Am Spyder RT Limited Deep Marsala Metallic Dark
    2016 Moto Guzzi Eldorado

Spyder Garage

Usually your best bet is to call the dealer and speak to the owner or general manager. Be firm, but polite and give them a chance to make it right. You can always shift to the Nuclear Option later. IMO, trying to call BRP will only frustrate you further. Call the NY State Attorney General and find out what your legal options are. If you have to, take the bike back to the dealer. I would not get into fixing these problems, you don't know what else might be wrong. Common problems with new Spyders include: loose battery connections, rear suspension link not connected at the swing arm, defective tires and front end alignment out of spec. Where are you in upstate NY? I'm in Oswego.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WDAVEY View Post
    Usually your best bet is to call the dealer and speak to the owner or general manager. Be firm, but polite and give them a chance to make it right. You can always shift to the Nuclear Option later. IMO, trying to call BRP will only frustrate you further. Call the NY State Attorney General and find out what your legal options are. If you have to, take the bike back to the dealer. I would not get into fixing these problems, you don't know what else might be wrong. Common problems with new Spyders include: loose battery connections, rear suspension link not connected at the swing arm, defective tires and front end alignment out of spec. Where are you in upstate NY? I'm in Oswego.

Im in Ilion, NY. I purchased it in Connecticut. And the owner is the one I spoke with. I gave him a chance to make it right by calling my local dealer to handle the issues ASAP, Just waiting to hear back from him, He dogged my call late yesterday when I called back though.....
    2022 Spyder RTL

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Bad News Dealer

Im in Ilion, NY. I purchased it in Connecticut. And the owner is the one I spoke with. I gave him a chance to make it right by calling my local dealer to handle the issues ASAP, Just waiting to hear back from him, He dogged my call late yesterday when I called back though.....
    You must try to remain calm while dealing with this situation. Write things down and read over for best clarity.
    Remember to Not Attack the Person.
    If this doesn't work out, maybe think about hiring a Lawyer.

PS: Maybe the Selling Dealer had a bad day. I would wait one day and then try again.
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

Now the dealer will no longer answer my calls, been calling all morning and phone will just ring and get directed to a voice mailbox that is full, They have caller i.d. I cant believe this is happening to me I am beyond upset at this point... What can I do, They are not going to get away with this !!!!
    2022 Spyder RTL

Spyder Garage

Just picked up my Brand new RT Limited on Friday from a dealer out of state. I rode it for the first time yesterday and the frontend shook terrible !!! It was worse at hi way speeds 45 - 65, But also at lower speeds. I jacked the front wheels off the ground and spun the wheels, The right tire seemed to be out of round by an 1/8 inch !
    Very common. In a sense you are fortunate that 2 out of 3 are actually round. The OEM Kenda's are of very poor quality, to be kind.

Problem # 2

The windshield in the upper end is wavy /warped to look through, I had to keep it lowered as it was making me dizzy looking through !! Also it is of a different part # and slightly
    tinted compared to my friends 2022 RT Limited that's clear and the exact same model as mine.
    Usually, the edge of the windshield, and any area that is sharply curved, will have some distortion. I assume that you already know this to be so and we are talking about a flat area that should be undistorted. This would justify a new shield.

BRP, as with us all, have been experiencing supply issues. They may be getting windshields from whoever they can. And of different tints. Who knows. But if you wanted clear, you should have received clear.

Problem # 3

The front trunk will not pop open, you have to have someone hold the key turned and lift it open.
    This is a simple adjustment. No excuses for the dealership here. A completely unnecessary aggravation. You didn't get what you paid for. Not the way to treat any customer.

Problem #4

The passenger heated grips do not work on High.
    Same root problem as #3 above.

Also the front trunk liner was sagged down and the Velcro sticky tabs were all off and unstuck.
    A repeat of #3 & #4. You have to give them points for consistency!

I am LIVID to say the least !!!! You spend 30k + and this is what they delivered me ??? That dealer is out of state and over 3 hours away from me. What should I demand them to do ? Tell them to Send me new tires at their shipping/+ return expense to be installed at my nearest dealer ? Along with a new windshield ? I think all they did was assemble it and park it outside because I was coming out of state to pick it up, There is NO WAY they test drove this thing because its noticeable right away.... They also rushed us out of there and onto the trailer so I never picked up on the windshield as it was lowered at the time.
    Your present state of mind is completely understandable. We, many times, take too much for granted. Myself included. The process now is to put your energies into getting what you paid for. Hopefully, this will not be too hard. You should be able to get your local dealership to make your Spyder right. I would suggest getting BRP corporate involved. At least to the level of an issue ticket. This will help get you in the pipeline should you need to go up the ladder.

Bottom line is that it's not your Spyder. It's the hands that handled (or mishandled) your Spyder. It can all be made to go away.
    Last edited by BajaRon; 09-27-2022 at 01:45 PM.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Now the dealer will no longer answer my calls, been calling all morning and phone will just ring and get directed to a voice mailbox that is full, They have caller i.d. I cant believe this is happening to me I am beyond upset at this point... What can I do, They are not going to get away with this !!!!
    Did you use a credit card to pay for any portion of your purchase? If so put the credit card charge in dispute.