Spyder Garage

Default Need More Room on F3 Driver’s Seat - any modifications out there?

Wondering if anyone has modified the drivers seat on an F3. I need more room front to rear. The distance now is crushing the family jewels. If no one has done this, will be looking to purchase a used seat.
    With the low amount of miles I ride, an aftermarket seat isn’t worth the expense.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-24-2022 at 05:48 PM. Reason: Expanded Title to briefly ask the question ;-)
    2015 F3S SE6

Spyder Garage

I had my F3T seat modified by Seth Lamm. Moved me back and a bit up. Much better than OEM.
    David C
    2016 F3T
    DIY Garage Door Opener & GPS Mount
    Battery tender cable
    Rear IPS Pack Rack

Spyder Garage

Have you moved your footpegs forward to the #4 or 5 position? That might give Big Jim and the Twins a little more breathing room.
    Last edited by Copperman; 09-24-2022 at 10:45 PM.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
    Wondering if anyone has modified the drivers seat on an F3. I need more room front to rear. The distance now is crushing the family jewels. If no one has done this, will be looking to purchase a used seat.
    With the low amount of miles I ride, an aftermarket seat isn’t worth the expense.
    I would think making the boy's happy would be worth the expense, if you know what I mean!!! I would ether head to a upholster, or a custom seat shop and have a talk!! Make the boys happy!! Good luck
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

I had exactly the same issue, Tourer. Unfortunately, it’s a trade off. You either live with the “crush’, get your stock seat modified (like Haze mentions above……I used Russell daylong), or buy a longer aftermarket seat……and surely you don’t want to live with the short and long term effects of the crush, regardless of how few miles you do

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Try putting an air cushion on the seat. worked for me on my F3.
    2017 F3-S Daytona , Yellow and black

Spyder Garage

Maybe it's time for a diet...
    Andrew
    Melbourne Australia
    2016 F3L Spyder

Now, wash your hands

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I have a corbin seat that needs a new cover. Not sure if it will give more room, but you can give it a try. It will also give you a chance to do a custom cover for it if you like. I am also in NC and if you would like, we can meet and you can give it a try. Even if it doesn't work, you have a great base to trim some before having it recovered. I will make you a great deal on it, as it is just taking up space. I haven't listed it for sale, as I don't want to deal with shipping such a large item. Let me know if you are interested.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Smokes View Post
    Maybe it's time for a diet...
    I can only assume you are not tall, Smokes…..that will do it, regardless of weight …..

Pete
    Last edited by Peteoz; 09-26-2022 at 04:19 PM.
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Thanks blacklightning for the seat offer. Going to go with an air cushion and see how it feels.i
    2015 F3S SE6

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    I can only assume you are not tall, Smokes…..that will do it, regardless of weight …..

Pete
    Well, let's just say that if there were six positions for the brake pedal, I'd use #6.
    Andrew
    Melbourne Australia
    2016 F3L Spyder

Now, wash your hands

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Smokes View Post
    Well, let's just say that if there were six positions for the brake pedal, I'd use #6.

Wow……I only used position #5 on my F3-L, so you must be at least 6’9”, Andrew

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Hi Dave here with HELP !!! yours is an easy fix that will not cost you a zillion dollars to cure.
    I have been a custom seat builder for over 45 years I can show you how to not get your wallet raided.
    Give me a call 209-887-3283
    Dave
    motorcycledave.com