Spyder Garage

Default Honda's pulling the plug on the Gold Wing (and Yamaha on the FJR)

They can't tweak the engine any further to comply with ever-tightening pollution requirements, and it isn't fiscally viable to create a new engine.

https://www.ericpetersautos.com/2022...bly-not-heard/

Spyder Garage

They are only discontinuing the Gold Wing in Japan. The market for Gold Wings in Japan is not as strong in other countries.
    2015 F3S SE6

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

In 2025 the EU will be changing to new updated emissions controlled and it will limit many vehicles. I’ve heard where Bonda will only produce a fully auto model which controls the emissions.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
    They are only discontinuing the Gold Wing in Japan. The market for Gold Wings in Japan is not as strong in other countries.
    From what I gather from the article (and the linked article therein), if it's manufactured in Japan, it must meet Japanese emission requirements.

They should have left Gold Wing production in Nebraska.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Baxter View Post
    From what I gather from the article (and the linked article therein), if it's manufactured in Japan, it must meet Japanese emission requirements.

They should have left Gold Wing production in Nebraska.
    .... however if it's SOLD in Japan it must meet their emissions standards ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

Goldwing production was in Marysville, Ohio. When you take in the world wide economy these days the Wing isn't much of a money maker for Honda anymore. I know of three new Moto Guzzi's in my area, can't remember the last time I saw a new Wing. Honda shop near us won't even stock them because they don't sell. They will order one for you.
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Navydad View Post
    Goldwing production was in Marysville, Ohio. When you take in the world wide economy these days the Wing isn't much of a money maker for Honda anymore. I know of three new Moto Guzzi's in my area, can't remember the last time I saw a new Wing. Honda shop near us won't even stock them because they don't sell. They will order one for you.
    I've talked with the guys at my local Honda shop (goldwing). They told me it's not that they don't sell, it's that they have a waiting list to buy one. They never hit the sales room floor. The dealer ship is allotted a set amount a year.
    I also own a FJR, and rumor is that they're discontinuing it in the EU. but it will still be available in the US.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-24-2022 at 11:03 AM. Reason: is - in ;-)
    2022 RT Limited , Petrol Metallic

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It blows my mind that any motorcycle manufacturer would shut down a machine, re Gold Wing, with buyer's waiting lists by the dozens. Just makes no sense, but it's a strange world out there folks, everybody knows that.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Kromm View Post
    I've talked with the guys at my local Honda shop (goldwing). They told me it's not that they don't sell, it's that they have a waiting list to buy one. They never hit the sales room floor. The dealer ship is allotted a set amount a year.
    I also own a FJR, and rumor is that they're discontinuing it in the EU. but it will still be available in the US.
    Different part of the country I guess. No waiting list here for a Wing here. Same white one sat on our dealership floor for over a year and finally sold at a deep discount. I asked how many were ordered over the year because the fella didn't want a white one? None, zero, zilch, and this from a shop that couldn't keep a Wing in stock for many years. This same shop sells Can Am and the Spyders are selling well as are off road machines. Pretty much the same with HD in our area. The used HD market is strong with pre-owned bikes bringing top dollar, but the new ones are collecting dust. Older guys (me) are going to three wheels and/or lighter bikes and the younger folks are opting for low mileage (most are) pre-owned machines.
    2015 RT , Black