Spyder Garage

Default Why would the clock self-reset to 24 HR format? Fixes? Ideas?

I am not sure why my clock resets to 24 hr format. The time doesn't change (stays accurate). My only guess is low voltage on startup. It is a 2019, 14k miles. Original battery, starts normal.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-22-2022 at 09:32 PM. Reason: Expanded Title to briefly ask the question ;-)

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PapaHotel View Post
    I am not sure why my clock resets to 24 hr format. The time doesn't change (stays accurate). My only guess is low voltage on startup. It is a 2019, 14k miles. Original battery, starts normal.
    Have any of the other settings changed ????? ..... Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I remember this happening on my 2018 RT and I had to reset it a few times and it eventually stayed. You might check for a firmware update. The 2018/19’s should have 20.8.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I don't have problems with my clock on my F3 resetting my issue with it is that it is slow and loses time at a rate of about 6 minutes every two months and I have to go in and adjust the time.

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

No, just the 12 to 24 hr format

Spyder Garage

I keep mine on 24 hour format. Had to change the battery. When I turned it on, with the new battery installed, it went back to the 12 hour format.

2019 F3-S
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

Perhaps you unknowingly have the special fighter pilot clock? No worries though, it's easier to convert from 24 hr to 12 hr than it is to convert from degrees C to degrees F.
    2015 Spyder RT-S (Arion) and 2021 RTL Sea to Sky (charming wife)
    2012 2012 RT-L and 3015 RT-S , 2012 - red and 2015 black (way too black)

Spyder Garage

Setting Metric/Imperial Units
    1. Push and hold SET button on the RECC for three seconds.
    2. Push _down arrow_ to select KM, push up arrow to select MI.
    Setting the Clock
    1. Press MODE button to select clock display.
    2. Push and hold MODE button for three seconds.
    3. Press down arrow to select 12:00 AM PM or up arrow to select 24:00 time base.
    4. If 12:00 AM PM time base is selected, AM PM is displayed in upper LCD.Press up or down arrow to
    select A (AM) or P (PM).
    5. Press on the right arrow to display Hr in upper LCD. The hour number flashes in the lower LCD. Press
    up or down arrow to select the applicable hour value.
    6. Press on the right arrow to display Min in upper LCD. The minute number flashes in the lower LCD.
    Press up or down arrow to select the applicable minute value.
    7. When completed, press the right arrow to exit the menu
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CloverHillCrawler View Post
    I don't have problems with my clock on my F3 resetting my issue with it is that it is slow and loses time at a rate of about 6 minutes every two months and I have to go in and adjust the time.
    BRP dash modules all have poor clocks. My '09 and '13 snowmobiles have the same loosing time issue as my wife's '15 F3. Here's a pic of the similar looking sled dash modules.

New top speed.jpg
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 10-02-2022 at 12:56 AM. Reason: Fixed attach display
    John
    "some suffer from insanity, I choose to enjoy it"
    '15 F3S SE6
    '01 FLHR
    Ski Doo 1200's
    Boats
    2015 F3S SE6 , Magnesium

Spyder Garage

Not sure why. I have the same year and model and mine does the same thing. I will try as the one person recommended, just keep resetting it and see if it sticks. It is a bit annoying for sure. I have added a few things like driving lights and a led flag etc and rewired all my connections. No issues with any of it and the battery is up to snuff, even though it is the stock battery in the 2018. Still starts fine, charges up, so thinking maybe a fluke in this particular year and model. Only SWare related thing on the bike. Rest seems solid.
    2018 RTL , Stock Brake Pedal Extender. White

Spyder Garage

After I changed it the last time has stayed on 12 hours, but I know what you were talking about, it changing to 24. I could never figure out why, but since I changed it after your post, been good to go and that is about the fourth time I have had to do it.
    Lvmyspyder
    She's Lisa
    2018 Spyder RT Limited[img]
    2018 RTL , Stock Brake Pedal Extender. White

Spyder Garage

Also time format & couple other settings went wonky years back- don’t think the ‘13 s had update dealer apologized & did something. Only really noticed because the trailer mode engaged itself. (Again years ago, before 1330)

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PapaHotel View Post
    I know this is several weeks old now, but it seems that I remember this issue being discussed here several months or a few years ago. I think a software update for the cluster fixed it. Did you try searching the forum?

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)