Spyder Garage

Default SlingMod running lights don't light! Any ideas what I've done?

Just installed the running lights kit all went rather well everything fit nicely but when I tried to turn the bloody things on I only have power to the light (slingmod) switch - at least it lights up. As the kit is pretty much plug and play, does anyone have any idea what I might have screwed up? I did check both kit fuse's and they're fine. I just know it must be something simple but I'm at a loss. I'm getting used to working on the Tribikel (hand brake kit was a breeze) but the wiring is a wee bit confusing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rich
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-22-2022 at 07:21 PM. Reason: Expanded Title to briefly ask the question ;-)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If they plug into the accessory plug on the right side, check the polarity of that plug. Some plugs have the polarity reversed. My friend had that issue. An accessory would not work when plugged into the factory accessory plug. We checked and sure enough the polarity was reversed. I guess it has happened to several F3 owners.
    2021 Sea to Sky RT , Highland green

Spyder Garage

I'll check that in the AM when I can look at a wire diagram.

Thanks you for the idea I would have not considered that.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-22-2022 at 11:51 PM. Reason: whwn - when ;-)

Spyder Garage

Bike must be running for lights to go on , switch lights up with key turned on but lights need bike to be running . drove me crazy when i did my install.
    2019 F3 limited

Spyder Garage

LOL X 10 Thank you Bear ! I've been a line mechanic, race car builder, even built motorbike to race at Isle of Man and Oz. Not really new to this spanner work. I have everything in my shop out trying to chase down the problem. I had everything wired and neatly zip tied my God it was beautiful now theres wires hanging out all over the place a multimeter, a test light and jumper wires on the bench. I went in side to have a beer and a think so I thought I'd see if there was more e-mail about the trouble. Read your post walked out to the shop plugged in the connectors started the wrenched beast and low and behold "Let there be light".

Thank you itg was one of those things that were sooooooooooooo simple that it was impossible to see. SpyderBear you are the man.

Cheers Mate

Spyder Garage

your welcome , I felt your pain , glad I could
    2019 F3 limited