Spyder Garage

Default Are we allowed to create threads asking if a price I am asking for my Spyder is good?

So I am wondering if I can do that, or if it against the rules? I just wanted to make sure what I am asking is fair, and not gouging anyone.
    2018 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by acdcking12 View Post
    So I am wondering if I can do that, or if it against the rules? I just wanted to make sure what I am asking is fair, and not gouging anyone.
    You are allowed to do that - and if you're more than 'just thinking of selling' you can even put up a For Sale thread in the 'For Sale by Owners' section and invite comments on your 'asking price', or for comments on what people might think is a good asking price (altho if they aren't in your immediate area, I'd think that the wide variables in local markets might make such comment pretty useless!); but in those adverts where the OP hasn't specifically invited any discussion on their asking price, those who wish to make an offer or just comment on/discuss/offer their views upon the asking price should have the courtesy to take any such discussion to PM, rather than derailing someone else's advert with uninvited discussion.

Ps: If you are going to put uip an advert in the 'For Sale by Owner' section, then please, read & follow the info in the 'How to use....' Sticky at the top of that section - regardless of where you're posting, it always pays to read the Sticky's up the top first!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-20-2022 at 02:09 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    You are allowed to do that - and if you're more than 'just thinking of selling' you can even put up a For Sale thread in the 'For Sale by Owners' section and invite comments on your 'asking price', or for comments on what people might think is a good asking price (altho if they aren't in your immediate area, I'd think that the wide variables in local markets might make such comment pretty useless!); but in those adverts where the OP hasn't specifically invited any discussion on their asking price, those who wish to make an offer or just comment on/discuss/offer their views upon the asking price should have the courtesy to take any such discussion to PM, rather than derailing someone else's advert with uninvited discussion.

Ps: If you are going to put uip an advert in the 'For Sale by Owner' section, then please, read & follow the info in the 'How to use....' Sticky at the top of that section - regardless of where you're posting, it always pays to read the Sticky's up the top first!
    So I can create a new thread in the general section to get peoples opinions on it? Don't mean to be stupid. Just don't want to break any rules.
    2018 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

So I can create a new thread in the general section to get peoples opinions on it? Don't mean to be stupid. Just don't want to break any rules.
    You can, altho you shouldn't make or let That Thread become an advert (cos that'll see it moved to the 'For Sale' section. ) and if people do start making offers, please take any negotiations to PM.

And please, do be wary of giving out your direct contact details in the public pages where non-members can see & use that info to make contact - that's just inviting every scammer &/or low-life out there who sees it to get in touch & try to rip you off!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-20-2022 at 02:24 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

What do you mean by advert?
    2018 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Advert, a shortened version of Advertisement - a 'For Sale ad' or advertisement....

Funny that you, coming from Kansas in the USA, should ask about that term, cos when I use 'advert' in discussion or text here in Oz, I'm often accused of needlessly using 'Americanisms'...
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Advert, a shortened version of Advertisement - a 'For Sale ad' or advertisement....

Funny that you, coming from Kansas in the USA, should ask about that term, cos when I use 'advert' in discussion or text here in Oz, I'm often accused of needlessly using 'Americanisms'...
    I knew what you meant Peter but I have never heard it used before. Around here we use 'ad' as the abbreviation for advertisement.
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    Peter Pan has struck again!

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I don't think I've ever seen or heard "advert" used as a normal word here in the US. I think you have some friends who may not be as familiar with American language as they think they are! As has been noted, "ad" is the usual term here.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Same as an AD. You'd be surprised at how many people don't know it's the same as Advert/advertisement. The english (american english) is somewhat on the hard side to understand. My wife has been in the USA for 50 yrs and still has problems using the correct terms as many of us do.
    2005 Roadtrek Chevy 210P
    2020 RT Limited-Chalk White SE6

Very Active Member bigbadbrucie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Well, to be the odd North American in the group. I personally use both. Advert as well as Ad. just my 2 cents worth.

Tri-Axis Chrome Handlebars
    Sena SM10 BT Dongle
    Double USB Port/Volt meter
    LaMonster Magic Mirrors
    BajaRon Swaybar
    HALO Skid Plate
    Spyder Pops Rear Running Lights Turn Signals/Brake Light
    Spyder Pops Mirror Running Lights/Turn Signals
    Shorty Antenna
    LaMonster Cat Delete
    Akrapovic Muffler
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Rear Trunk Rack
    Bruce Erickson

Chilliwack, BC
    Canada
    You know when a politician is Lying. It's when his lips are moving!

2014 RTS-SE6 - Cognac

intro to m/c 1949 Royal Enfield 500cc thumper

Spyder Garage

I am thinking it really don't matter one way or the other.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red