Spyder Garage

Question What's the best LED's for rear bulbs and turn signals? 2015 RTS

Wondering what is the best LED bulbs for the rear running/brake bulbs and turn signal bulbs?

I am wiring up a trailer wiring harness and figured if I was going to basically have to take the rear Tupperware off and remove the rear light assemblies, that I might as well update the bulbs while I had them out.

Thanks,
    Brent
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-19-2022 at 03:58 PM. Reason: Expanded Title to briefly ask the question; & removed prefix - not engine/size related ;-)

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bcubed View Post
    Wondering what is the best LED bulbs for the rear running/brake bulbs and turn signal bulbs?

I am wiring up a trailer wiring harness and figured if I was going to basically have to take the rear Tupperware off and remove the rear light assemblies, that I might as well update the bulbs while I had them out.

Thanks,
    Brent
    I have a 14 RT and I'm sure those are already LED's .... JMHO ...Mike .... But NOT the turn signals
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 09-20-2022 at 10:00 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Brightest turn signals available

Based on the recommendation of another member I installed these https://www.auxito.com/products/7507...ulb-2800-lumen as turn signals https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...=1#post1595128 They can ONLY be used as turn signals or else they will overheat and burn out. There's nothing brighter. Similar products by other OEMs can be found on Amazon.
    2014 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE6 Freeway Commuter Pod
    2016 Royal Enfield Classic 500 Fair-Weather Mountain Bike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BertRemington View Post
    Based on the recommendation of another member I installed these https://www.auxito.com/products/7507...ulb-2800-lumen as turn signals https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...=1#post1595128 They can ONLY be used as turn signals or else they will overheat and burn out. There's nothing brighter. Similar products by other OEMs can be found on Amazon.
    I have these also for turn signals. The brake lights and tail lights are already LED. I have a 2015 RT.
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

Will check them out… both brake light and turn signal on mine are regular bulbs, pulled them yesterday to make sure.

Thanks
    Brent

Spyder Garage

Will check them out… both brake light and turn signal on mine are regular bulbs, pulled them yesterday to make sure.

Thanks
    Brent
    " both brake light and turn signal are regular bulbs, I pulled them out " I find this surprising to learn that BRP changed the Brake /Tail lights back to incandesant type from the 2014 RT model ....... What number bulbs are the BRAKE lights for your 2015 RTS ???? .....Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Those are backup lamps not brake lamps. Replace them with 7506/1156 LEDs. Go for bright. Especially the ones with the lens on the end.

When removing the rear cowling, be very careful removing the piece with four tabs (two on each side) that are above the side cases. They are both tricky to lift out and easy to break, especially the front ones (the previous owner broke both of them).

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    " both brake light and turn signal are regular bulbs, I pulled them out " I find this surprising to learn that BRP changed the Brake /Tail lights back to incandesant type from the 2014 RT model ....... What number bulbs are the BRAKE lights for your 2015 RTS ???? .....Mike
    You are correct, my bad.

Pictures of bulbs and light assembly…

Thanks,
    Brent
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

If you ride much at night replace the backup bulks with LED's. That makes them seem as bright as the standard headlights. Great when you are out on country roads needing to turn around.
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

You are correct, my bad.

Pictures of bulbs and light assembly…

Thanks,
    Brent
    OK - one of those are for taillights and the other is your back-up bulb .... and as others have said they can be matched with LED type ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    OK - one of those are for taillights and the other is your back-up bulb .... and as others have said they can be matched with LED type ..... Mike
    Will these work for the turn signal? https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...0?ie=UTF8&th=1

I ordered these for the backup lights: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...0?ie=UTF8&th=1

I couldn’t get the turn signals from the Auxito website because my PayPal was triggering a fraud alert due to multiple charges at different amounts than their website had totaled me out at…. Hoping the other turn signal bulbs will work.

Thanks,
    Brent
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-26-2022 at 11:41 AM. Reason: Fixed link to show URL

Spyder Garage

Will these work for the turn signal? https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...0?ie=UTF8&th=1

I ordered these for the backup lights: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...0?ie=UTF8&th=1

I couldn’t get the turn signals from the Auxito website because my PayPal was triggering a fraud alert due to multiple charges at different amounts than their website had totaled me out at…. Hoping the other turn signal bulbs will work.

Thanks,
    Brent
    Looking at your pics of the OEM bulbs I can see the BASES are the same ..... so if the exact Bulb TYPE is matched to the LED size and type they will work. In case they don't remove and turn 1/2 way .... in case the polarity doesn't match ( not likely tho ) ..... good luck ... Mike
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-26-2022 at 11:42 AM. Reason: Fixed quote display

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Those bulbs will work

Yep both of those will work. You will need to reset your console to adjust to the reduction in bulb current (ie bulb out fast flash). Search is your friend. And if you can get the reset right on the first try well congratulations. The hard part is detecting the very fast flicker in the console indicating the reset is ready to begin. You might want you wife to help again and do this in a shady place.

Apologies about the Auxito site. I hope you were able to roll back the transactions. I checked my history but couldn't find where I bought my 7507s.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BertRemington View Post
    Yep both of those will work. You will need to reset your console to adjust to the reduction in bulb current (ie bulb out fast flash). Search is your friend. And if you can get the reset right on the first try well congratulations. The hard part is detecting the very fast flicker in the console indicating the reset is ready to begin. You might want you wife to help again and do this in a shady place.

Apologies about the Auxito site. I hope you were able to roll back the transactions. I checked my history but couldn't find where I bought my 7507s.
    Glad they will work ..... about the Fast Flash thing .... so what , they will be MORE noticeable ..... In Vt. when the Veh. gets inspected the SPEED of the flash doesn't matter..... likely it's the same in your State ..... good luck .... Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

For anyone else that is reading this and finding some cheap 1156 or 1157 bulb replacements, be aware that you HAVE to have the 75xx replacements. The reason is the little pins on the base of the 75xx series are not directly opposite each other. The sockets have the offset slots to hold them, so if you use the 11xx bulbs, you will have to remove one of the pins, which really inhibits the security of the bulb in the socket.

I got THESE https://www.amazon.com/EverBright-Ex...%2C2129&sr=8-7 on Amazon. They are INSANELY bright.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-28-2022 at 12:35 AM. Reason: Fixed link iaw Moderator's directions concerning 'No disguised or hidden links'
    HER ride:
    2017 RT-S SE6 Pearl White

My rides:
    2000 Honda GL1500SE
    1980 Suzuki GS850G