Spyder Garage

Default Anyone found a better 2020+ RT Horn Location?

On the 2020 and up RT, the horn is tucked up behind the frunk. There is a panel that has that protects the horn. If you install a replacement horn, it may end up facing the rear of the Spyder (it probably doesn't matter which direction it faces because how the sound can escape is limited).

Question: Has anyone come up with another place where the horn could be located so the sound is directed to the front?

Good suggestions are appreciated.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-15-2022 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Expanded Title to briefly ask the question ;-)
    All the best,
    John

2022 RT Limited

• Garmin XT (I would be lost without it)
      Driving Lights (Very bright to improve my sight)
      Floorboard Lights and Turn Signals (I like to be seen)
      Passenger Armrests (So my wife doesn't fall off)
      Trailer Hitch (So we can bring more stuff with us)
      Chrome Wheels (Because the beautiful stock wheels just weren't good enough)
      Front Fender Sequential Reflector Lights (I was wondering what to do with my paycheck)

Spyder Garage

My solution was to replace the oem tootler with a split air horn. The horn faces down and the compressor is on the inside rear wall of the frunk.

Others have replaced the oem with non-air but louder horns.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

I installed these https://www.slingmods.com/canam-spyd...0%282020%2B%29 You will have to loosen them in their brackets to get them to fit and they do indeed point down (somewhat). You can turn them to alleviate this somewhat. As far as the sound escaping, there is no problem with that. These horns are loud! Not as much as those airhorns some of the guys are putting on their Spyders but these will get other drivers attention. I have been extremely pleased with mine.

On a side note, I have installed just about every brand of the horns that are really loud and air driven (but without a compressor). None of them has lasted for more than about 6 months before the bearings wear out. Especially if they get moisture in them (and they always do).
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    Peter Pan has struck again!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FrogmanDave View Post
    I installed these https://www.slingmods.com/canam-spyd...0%282020%2B%29

On a side note, I have installed just about every brand of the horns that are really loud and air driven (but without a compressor). None of them has lasted for more than about 6 months before the bearings wear out. Especially if they get moisture in them (and they always do).
    Interesting, Dave. I wonder if you live or ride in a hostile environment of some kind. I put a Wolo on my ‘16 F3 when I first bought it, and it was still going strong when I sold it in ‘21. I also put one on my ‘21 RT when I first bought it 12 months ago, and it is still functioning also…….and I live only 200 metres from the ocean and ride frequently in the rain. …….Bugger….I have probably jinxed myself now.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

I also put the slingmods dual horns on. It did take some doing to get them fitted properly but yes, they are loud. They're loud enough where I scared the living bajeesus out of some moron who cut my wife off to get off the highway. When I drove past him, I blasted the horns.
    2021 RT Base - Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

I had posted this some time ago, of my install of a Wolo air horn on our 2020 RT-L. I didn't want it buried under the Tupperware, so hung it out front. Takes a bit of doing, also to switch the stock horn wires over the the Wolo relay, but fits in there and works just fine. GlenDSC03958.jpg

Spyder Garage

Just added a MotoHorn 2.0 Black under the left side saddlebag on a 2022 RTL. Can't really see it. Compressor under left upper panel.
    Loudest horn on a bike I ever heard. Sounds like a 18 wheeler. Now they know I'm coming.