Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Your thoughts on the Best Riding Jacket for the Spyder?

Hey guys, Its starting to get a bit cool and we want to get jackets for our spyder, We want something windproof with a zip in/out liner. What are some recommended jackets that wont brake the bank !
    2022 Spyder RTL

Spyder Garage

Sedici Marco. Got mine from Cycle Gear.
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2018 F3 Limited - Intense Red Pearl . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Spyder Garage

If it's within your budget, get a jacket with GORETEX liner or clad to outer layer. None of the other 'rain-proof' brands work as well.
    Look for closeouts on 'better' gear brands. Buy once and you're good for several years.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Own too many to pick a favorite. I usually look for " last years model". Might get one with less pocket but you'll save a lot and get reviews from real use.

Spyder Garage

Look at the Firstgear line of jackets. You can get them through Bajaron, a SL sponsor. I wear a Kilimanjaro jacket that I wear from December - March because I ride all winter.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

You need to visit many dealers as designs and fit vary greatly. If you order online, make sure they offer free returns. Revzilla, and Cycle Gear are awesome places. Free shipping, large selection. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

Revzilla and Cyclegear are one and the same. Anthony sold Zilla a few years ago. Check https://motorcyclecloseouts.com/ also.
    Last edited by RayBJ; 09-15-2022 at 02:19 PM.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

Really like my BRP RPM jacket. Windproof, water (resistant), zip liner that is warm, and several zip vents.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-15-2022 at 05:46 PM. Reason: ' 's %-)
    2020RTL

Spyder Garage

Sorry to preach only one brand but anything KLIM! You need to think of the type of riding. Vented induction jacket is bullet proof with the forecast jacket over! Nothing on the market can touch it. The solid gortex jacked like the latitude are the best on the market for protection, waterproof and vents. Have both and can’t live without them! Worth every penny and the most lasting built!

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Go to Cycle Gear and try on a bunch of them till you find the one you like, I have one for summer (Mesh)
    and one for colder weather that looks the same but is not mesh, both have zip out liners
    they were each on sale I paid around $165 for each... here is a photo of the mesh one
    as you can see they come in small med. large and FAT like me I also have for real cold weather a lined leather jacket.

Boss #2.jpg
    Last edited by Motorcycledave; 09-15-2022 at 08:57 PM.

Spyder Garage

+1 on the First Gear. I also have a Kilimanjaro that I have worn for over 10 years and it still looks good. I also have a First Gear Leather jacket that I have worn since 1993 and it is holding up well also.Baja Ron will give you the best price around. I have limited funds so I buy the best that I can find for the best price. I also have a Joe Rocket mesh jacket that I have worn since 2002. I buy mid priced but high quality gear and it lasts a long time. It also encourages me to really watch my weight

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

I have had good luck over the years with Joe Rocket jackets. There are more options and styles than you can imagine.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 - This is the one that I purchased in September of last year.

--Exco
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-16-2022 at 10:46 PM. Reason: Link

Spyder Garage

Check out Fox Creek Leather, nice leather and made in the USA.
    www.foxcreekleather.com
    2021 RT Limited Dark - Asphalt
    2021 RTL , Asphalt

Spyder Garage

We just moved from our Victory this year. Still using our leathers because they seem to work. For rain gear, I use Scorpion and my wife uses Joe Rocket/First Gear combo. Both do the trick for us.
    2022 Sea to Sky

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Fieldsheer Adventure Touring jacket. I've had lots of mc jackets over the years and this one blows them all away. Mines 7 years old and I'd buy it again tomorrow.

Spyder Garage

We have received complaints about advertising links in some of the posts about jackets.

We are okay with these as long as they are not deemed as blatant advertisements. We consider them "informational" as long as there is no additional information or rah rah to patronize vendor X.

Such ads from the actual vendor are considered as advertisements.

Hope this clears up any confustion.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 09-17-2022 at 02:41 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The best jacket is one that fits and protects you from the elements at a price point you are comfortable with. Brand doesn't matter, unless you're concerned about status symbols.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

As you can see a jacket or riding gear thread is as interesting as an oil or tire thread. As a few others have stated get to a store or do a bit of research and shop till you drop. I have always been a Tourmaster fan, but that's just my preference. You getting into the time of year where there may be a lot of clearance items becoming available so do some online searching. I am not a huge Ebay fan, but I have scored some pretty great deals on jackets, pants, and boots over the years.
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

I was just looking for User reviews of what they have and if they recommend one over the other.
    2022 Spyder RTL

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rick28 View Post
    I was just looking for User reviews of what they have and if they recommend one over the other.
    Snowmobile clothing will keep you warm and dry.

The best jacket for you will depend a lot on your riding style and budget (which you only hinted at) and the level of protection you're trying to achieve.

Good luck with your search; I have yet to find the perfect jacket for me.
    Last edited by UtahPete; 09-18-2022 at 07:18 PM.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rick28 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    I don't think that was apparent from your title.
    I thought it was exactly apparent from the title.
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    There's no place like G28 X0 Y0 Z0

Spyder Garage

I just got back from shopping at Cycle Gear. My initial thought was to buy a Sedici Marco with liner. I have a light weight Helly Hansen outer rain shell that packs to about the size of a baseball so having a rainproof liner was not important to me. I wanted a mesh jacket with lots of air flow but still had a liner for warmth. I tried the Sedici on and it fit pretty good. I wanted to know what other options I had. Sales guy said that Sedici was the biggest bang for the buck. I could move to a BILT jacket for a little less money but he thought the BILT was of lesser quality. Bottom line, I liked the fit of the BILT a lot. It is larger in the arm and shoulder area which made a huge difference. It now resides in my closet. Just like helmets, Jacket cuts are different between brands. I think you should find a place like Cycle Gear that has many different brands and sizes and go with the one that suits you the best..... Jim
    Last edited by canamjhb; 09-17-2022 at 03:31 PM.
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

I'm a fan of Klim products. What I have from them is absolutely first rate. For warm weather riding I use my Klim Induction jacket and it was worth every penny. For colder weather I actually have a no-name jacket I bought at a motorcycle show about 12 years ago. It was relatively cheap and came with a decent zip in liner and has worked for me every Fall and early Spring. But I admit that I rarely will be out riding when it is less than about 45 degrees at the lowest. If I were buying now I would see what is available on Revzilla. They have been great to deal with for many years for all my motorcycle gear.
    2021 Spyder RT
    Retired U.S. Army
    Life Member, NRA
    2021 RT , Petrol (blue)

Spyder Garage

I've had many brands and styles of jackets from hot weather to cold weather. Try different ones on, find the one that fits comfortably and is in your price range. Everyone is has different tastes so do what works best for you.
    Dave....

2016 Red/Black F3T w/ Audio
    Bajha Ron Swaybar, BRP driving lights
    F4 Windshield, Ultimate Tallboy Seat
    BRP Passenger Backrest
    Custom Dynamics fender lights
    Tricled Rear Bag lights w/ Flashing Brake Modulator
    Wolo Horn, Lamonster's Bungee Buttons
    Spyderpops Bumper Skid

Spyder Garage

Cool Badges!!

Tourmaster Intake 3.0 Mesh with rain and insulating liner. Too much badging though--- I removed 3 .
    Of course I added a BattleBorn Spyder patch and a Star Trek community badge.
    Last edited by Lew L; 09-19-2022 at 04:27 PM.
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow