Spyder Garage

Default Zumo XT ordered - what sunshade do you use for it?

hi
    It says its 5.5 inches I can't find a sunshade to fit what do you people use if any

Spyder Garage

Just did a quick Google search.

Here is one of the things that came up. https://www.ebay.com/itm/384827550272

Also saw a couple of them for sale on Amazon.com - not sure about correct sizing but they say they're for the Garmin XT

I just ordered my XT and I think I will get it delivered today. I am most likely going to get a shade also. Let us know how you like the one you end up with.

Hope that helps
    John
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-15-2022 at 08:37 AM. Reason: there - they're ;-)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I found two versions. One that actually clips to the Zumo the other had elastic straps that held it to the unit.

Spyder Garage

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

I have had the XT for a year and I have not needed the sun visor, although the height of the driver and the
    position of the screen must also be taken into account.

Note that the quality and brightness of the screen has taken an exponential leap since the Zumo 660 and
    if you mount a sunshade, it will be on the side when using the XT's portrait display.

I would mount the gps and see first if I need the sun visor or not but of course it's just my opinion.
    Last edited by mcalva; 09-15-2022 at 12:30 PM.
    2018 Spyder F3 Ltd
    2018 F3 Ltd. , Black/Dark

Spyder Garage
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

Some years ago, I had a Glare Stomper for my Garmin Zumo, and was very happy with it.

https://glarestomper.com/visors-for-garmin/
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

With the XT you really don't need a sunshade.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

I have been using the XT on both my F3-L and RT for a few years and have never found the need for a sunshade even under bright sun in the middle of summer. However, I HAD to have one on my 595. Give it a try for a while before you source a shade.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

I too have a Zumo XT, I have no need for a sun screen. It works very well.
    New to Sue and I
    2021, LTD, Asphalt Gray, 22,000 miles
    Gone but not forgotten
    RTS 2011 SM5, 95,000 miles

Spyder Garage

I agree with all who say it's not needed. We have one on each of our RT's and never needed a sun shade.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PW2013STL View Post
    I agree with all who say it's not needed. We have one on each of our RT's and never needed a sun shade.
    Quote Originally Posted by safecracker View Post
    I too have a Zumo XT, I have no need for a sun screen. It works very well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    I have been using the XT on both my F3-L and RT for a few years and have never found the need for a sunshade even under bright sun in the middle of summer. However, I HAD to have one on my 595. Give it a try for a while before you source a shade.

Pete
    Ditto
    RiderDuke

My Ride
    2021 Glacial Blue Metallic F3-T

Spyder Garage

Even though our Zumo 660 might benefit from a sunshade type thing, I found that simply tilting the unit eliminated issues. Ours has the Can Am accessories Garmin mount, that easily allows changing the tilt of the GPS for best viewing.