Spyder Garage

Default New Addition to the Family

I got to pick her up yesterday. Before I picked her up I had them put a BaJa Ron Sway bar on. I only was able to get about 50 miles put on her yesterday. Coming off of 2 wheels to this, its really different. I've got some adjusting to do. But it rides great.

Again I want to do a shout out and a big THANK YOU for everyone that has gave me answers to my questions.

2022 Spyder.jpg
    2022 RT Limited , Petrol Metallic

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Ryde Safe

.... So glad to have you on board. Yes, the learning curve of the Spyder can be a tuff deal. Stay the course and you will enjoy the Spyder Time.

Stay Healthy. ....
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

Congratulations on your new trike.
    2015 F3S SE6

Spyder Garage

Starting out with the Baja Ron (anti) sway bar is a definite plus. Kind of stinks you will never get to experience the difference. And there IS a big difference. Enjoy your new ride!
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    Peter Pan has struck again!

Spyder Garage

on your new ride!

Let the smiles and miles begin!

I like the color!

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

Picked mine up just few weeks ago, and unlike California, we’ve had enough rain so I just today completed the break-in. Like yours, mine came home with just one mod, the BajaRon, so like the Frogman said we won’t know what we missed. Believe in the tire pressure checks, tho….my first ride off the trailer was horrifying. I did not need to set pressure at 18, tho. Left front was 32, right front and rear were both 42. After simple correction to 20 front and 28 rear per book, my little dragon will track hands off - straight of course. Also came from 2 wheels, started in 1979. Transition isn’t bad at all!
    2022 RT Ltd, Deep & Dark Marsala

Spyder Garage

2021 RT Base - Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Heisty View Post
    Picked mine up just few weeks ago, and unlike California, weÂ’ve had enough rain so I just today completed the break-in. Like yours, mine came home with just one mod, the BajaRon, so like the Frogman said we wonÂ’t know what we missed. Believe in the tire pressure checks, thoÂ….my first ride off the trailer was horrifying. I did not need to set pressure at 18, tho. Left front was 32, right front and rear were both 42. After simple correction to 20 front and 28 rear per book, my little dragon will track hands off - straight of course. Also came from 2 wheels, started in 1979. Transition isnÂ’t bad at all!

After everything I have read here on the forum, I decided that the sway bar was the first thing that needed to be done. On my first ride on it (straight from the dealer), It felt like it was skating a bit side to side. The next morning before I took off again I checked the front tires, and one was at 20, the other was 17. I brought it up to both were at 20 and the skating went away. Now I don't know if that was the whole cause, if it was me (the steering is very sensitive), or a little of both. I then went out to a back road that has some twisties to get a feel for cornering. That is definitely a new skill I need to work on. On two wheels you counter steer, on this I'm calling it Reverse counter steering. I feel like it can handle more in the corners than what I am doing right now, but it's all about practice and getting the feel for it. I also got the driver back rest. That's a game changer - I have never had a driver back rest on any of my rides and it's almost unbelievable the difference it made.

I do know that there are more things I want to do to her. I am going to get the 2 inch riser for the bars. Right now when I make a tight turn, the handle bar is hitting my knee (I an 6'2). And after spending over half the day sitting on the stock seat, that HAS to be replaced. It's soft and feels OK at first, but I was starting too feel some "discomfort" by the time I got back home. Then I am thinking of the Pedal Commander or Pedal Box. I like the more setting options on the Pedal Commander, and having a bluetooth option I can hide it under the plastic. (I know the pedal box comes with a bluetooth option, for an extra cost) but I am looking into both.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-15-2022 at 06:03 AM. Reason: defiantly - definitely %-)
    2022 RT Limited , Petrol Metallic