Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Coming home last night... 9/11 - Never Forget!

from camp. Passed through a small town on the way. Approached an area with vehicles parked all over the place including a few emergency vehicles. As we passed the common noticed the remembrance service that was going on. Ashamed it took me so long to realize the reason.
    9/11, never forget.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Nothing to be ashamed about.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I re-re-re-watched the documentaries about this awful event ...... It still brought tears to my eyes ..... and Yes - we should never forget ...... Mike

Spyder Garage

Never forget.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Please believe me when I say that I truly do not understand the admonition to "Never Forget". I would appreciate it if someone could explain what it means to them, and no I'm not trying to start a fight or argument of any kind. I might be a little autistic, because I scratch my head in bewilderment sometimes about these strongly held and widely held emotions.

I'm not going to forget this traumatic event in our nation's history, but I don't think it has the same existential meaning to me as it does to a lot of you good folks.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    Please believe me when I say that I truly do not understand the admonition to "Never Forget". I would appreciate it if someone could explain what it means to them, and no I'm not trying to start a fight or argument of any kind. I might be a little autistic, because I scratch my head in bewilderment sometimes about these strongly held and widely held emotions.

I'm not going to forget this traumatic event in our nation's history, but I don't think it has the same existential meaning to me as it does to a lot of you good folks.
    Never forget means to me get even at some point. Which I think in this case is happening it's just that it's censored which kind of proves my point.
    Kenda wars survivor

Registered crackpot

Informed consent

''Experts" say eating red meat makes the sun hot
    2017 F3S Daytona , Circuit Yellow Metalic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cobwebs View Post
    Never forget means to me get even at some point. Which I think in this case is happening it's just that it's censored which kind of proves my point.
    I don’t think you, we, or whatever you want to say will ever get even. About a month ago one of my threads was deleted and I believe I know why. It had to do with one of those that planned 911. I was going to say mastermind, but that would be given credit. After almost 21 years this person was taken out by a drone and highly developed armament in the middle of Kabul while probably having breakfast. The apartment was not damaged to any extent, only the person. So, some will never forget. I am one of those.

Spyder Garage

Here in Oz, (& in NZed too! ) we 'Remember'; have done since the ANZACS at Gallipoli; so our Oz RSL, the Returned & Services League of Australia, which is now over a century old, recites the Ode of Remembrance on ANZAC Day, Remembrance Day, & other important days. The Ode comes from the Poem "For the Fallen" written by Laurence Binyon & first published in The Times September 1914.

The Ode of Remembrance

They shall grow not old,
    as we that are left grow old;
    Age shall not weary them,
    nor the years condemn.
    At the going down of the sun
    and in the morning
    We will remember them.

Response:

We will remember them
    Lest we forget

As time has passed, this ODE is now recognised, within the ANZAC Countries at least, as being for ALL the Fallen, Military & ALL/ANY others who have fallen due to conflict. And it's NOT celebrating war or conflict at all, it's an Ode of Remembrance for All those who have Fallen....
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-13-2022 at 07:13 PM. Reason: ALL the Fallen!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Peter Aawen, I understand the sentiment 'never forget' in the context of the sacrifices of those in military service, but not in the context of a civilian tragedy like this. What is it that we are to 'never forget' in this case?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Pete.

Probably because the rest of the world stood still and watched in horror as to what was occurring in the USA.

Then they also stepped up and came to the aid of the USA and supported the actions................. with boots on the ground..................

NATO countries and a bunch of others. Including the Aussies and the Kiwis.

Our ANZAC day ... ah never mind.

Spyder Garage

Another one of those items that can be discussed ad nauseum without coming to any one complete answer.

Let's not take a national disaster that killed over 3,000 people in an outright attack by terrorists and turn it into a political football.

Never forget, to me, and IMO, means to remember it for what it was. Never forget means to others what it means to them. 100 people could come up with 100 different answers. All correct to that person.

Let's let this subject drop from the discussion in order to keep the thread alive.

Opinions are welcome, infighting and "political statements" are NOT.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 09-13-2022 at 01:11 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

It would appear that this thread has run its course.

No further posts in almost 24 hours.

2020 F3L , Magma Red